Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtl
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mtl »

Season 5? or was it over before that?
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Clearly Lynch injected a lot of FWWM into The Return, and rightfully so. With Frost out of the picture, how dreamy would multiple mini movies, thematically and cinematically borne of FWWM be?

Sequels, prequels and concurrent stories. I'd lay some money down for that, even if Trent Reznor was involved.

Or maybe not. Heh.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

krishnanspace wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:40 pm Image
And now I’m back to thinking this is an original series
"Jade give two rides."
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Or could be Twin peaks too. I hope it’s twin peaks and Sabrina has liked the meme because of it. I was checking out her Instagram profile and she seems to be following the #twinpeaks

Something has to be in the works cause her account looks like she is hyping something up
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:11 pm And now I’m back to thinking this is an original series
Nah.
krishnanspace wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 pm I hope it’s twin peaks and Sabrina has liked the meme because of it. I was checking out her Instagram profile and she seems to be following the #twinpeaks

Something has to be in the works cause her account looks like she is hyping something up
Yep.

And she monitors Twin Peaks social media like a hawk. Starts following new Twin Peaks fan pages within hours of them being created.

And from the swift escalation over the last week or so I'd imagine news is coming very soon.

Meanwhile...

https://twitter.com/JimBelushi/status/1 ... 58821?s=19
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Belushi huh... let's keep an eye on Knepper and Shiels then.

The Mitchums: Electric Boogaloo
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Was just about to post it. Saw it on reddit, remember though it could be something like Curly Sue 2!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Someone replied: "Are you playing a drug dealer?"

Struck me as funny. I chuckled.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:05 am Someone replied: "Are you playing a drug dealer?"

Struck me as funny. I chuckled.
I don't get it?
Soolsma wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:49 am Belushi huh... let's keep an eye on Knepper and Shiels then.

The Mitchums: Electric Boogaloo
Amy Shiels was already teasing a new project too. (Even Lara Flynn Boyle was.) I know actors often tease upcoming projects, but it's all been around the same time.

Edit - fixing quotes.
Last edited by Jonah on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:06 am I don't get it?

He's literally a drug dealer irl. Has his own legal weed farm.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

krishnanspace wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 11:06 pm Or could be Twin peaks too. I hope it’s twin peaks and Sabrina has liked the meme because of it.
My instant reaction was that she liked the meme as a hint that this maybe is Twin Peaks. Taken out of the context of the film, Anakin is coy in that photo; he is not saying "no". (Kuleshov effect indeed.)

By the way, I never would have dreamed that one day I would wake up in a world where the prospect of a mysterious Jim Belushi project gets me excited.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

OK so casting sweepstakes. Who's the left-field non-rumoured actor you guess is gonna be in this?

My stab in the dark: Gwendoline Christie.
Last edited by Histeria on Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Stavrogyn wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 1:11 am By the way, I never would have dreamed that one day I would wake up in a world where the prospect of a mysterious Jim Belushi project gets me excited.
Hmm. Would you be more excited for Curly Sue 2 or more TP? :lol:
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Remember when (actual) Cooper said this?

It is possible that many familiar characters are in the Odessa world, but in a different function in life than we're used to. F.ex. Candy could be a psychologist. That could be one way to have the same actors and an element of sequalisation(Google says that is not a word, I say it is) at play, while at the same time having everyone playing an interesting variation on already established characters. It would need a really strong plot motor to work though, and one could say that was already done with the Dougie storyline. Still I wouldn't rule it out.