Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Hester Prynne »

Stavrogyn wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:05 am Why wouldn't he know about Adult Swim? I mean, if he watches Loki, I can definitely see him following Rick and Morty, for example.

Not that I think he is really hinting at anything here.
Unrecorded Night/Wisteria will be an animated spinoff of Rick and Morty produced by DL.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

TwinsPeak wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 am A message posted on here yesterday has been erased. Posted then quickly erased.... I guess I was the only one that saw it?
Well, what was it then? Spill the beans.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Histeria wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:12 am My question was what's the relevance of Adult Swim to anything he's saying. It had nothing to do with what that relevance hints at or doesn't. Nor anything to do with whether Kyle himself is doing the tweeting.

If the AS reference was a joke, I didn't get it.
There’s an AS challenge on Tik Tok right now and I think he was just having fun.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Thanks, @Hester Prynne! That would explain it.

Meanwhile...

https://www.instagram.com/p/CP-0SgCjUlF ... _copy_link
thedougpa
RR Diner Member

Post by thedougpa »

Screenshot_20210611-100215_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210611-100215_Instagram.jpg (777.42 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Geography sleuths, where is Lynch here? Him and Sabrina are doing some scouting.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

It's an old pic. Like most of the others.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:52 am And what if I made a suggestion that maybe, just maybe, Kyle has a social media manager who posts all of his tweets? You really think Kyle knows or cares about Adult Swim? Or uses zoomer expressions like "it's wild to think"? Just sayin'. :wink:
I'm quite certain his account is run by some kind of social media agency. It's very unlikely he's hip to those sorts of things (not to mention the memes!)

Perhaps he just signs off on the tweets in a broad sense? Or gets filled in as to basically what's going to get posted on a weekly/monthly basis.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Is the agency impersonating him when he engages directly with fans every night on Tik Tok via video, including the dissemination, creation and solicitation of said hip memes? Do they have a doppelganger locked up somewhere with a phone?

Of course he has agencies managing the accounts. That's not exclusive of him actually using the accounts himself. It's not like he has Full Picture staffers following him around on his holiday to Hawaii.
branvol

Post by branvol »

sneakydave wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:42 am
TwinsPeak wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:49 am A message posted on here yesterday has been erased. Posted then quickly erased.... I guess I was the only one that saw it?
Well, what was it then? Spill the beans.
Username with green letters said something like "One day I will be able to tell you about a chat I had with Kyle in January."
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Meanwhile...
Attachments
r4jkolYD.jpg
r4jkolYD.jpg (172.97 KiB) Viewed 4180 times
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Love how that's the one she picks :D

I guess the crew all suddenly using purple heart emojis and some literally dying their hair purple is also in service of the sharing is caring philosophy.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:00 am Meanwhile...
Ugh, I’m really tired of this. The “twin Tweets” thing was so cool and clean and straightforward. This constant potential teasing and subsequent back-peddling is just maddening.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am
Ugh, I’m really tired of this. The “twin Tweets” thing was so cool and clean and straightforward. This constant potential teasing and subsequent back-peddling is just maddening.
And again. The plausible deniability together with just enough ambiguity.

Meanwhile, the David's cineaste ashtray is perched in front of a "no smoking" sign.
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...
If I'm wrong and there's nothing being produced then I'm the first to admit I'll look like a top-class idiot even though I will feel there's more than enough evidence to suggest otherwise. So perhaps a top-class gullible idiot might be more apt.

Buuuut, at least I tend not to use winking emojis while being wrong :wink:
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Histeria wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:13 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:07 am
And again. The plausible deniability together with just enough ambiguity.

Meanwhile, the David's cineaste ashtray is perched in front of a "no smoking" sign.
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...
If I'm wrong and there's nothing being produced then I'm the first to admit I'll look like a top-class idiot even though I will feel there's more than enough evidence to suggest otherwise. So perhaps a top-class gullible idiot might be more apt.

Buuuut, at least I tend not to use winking emojis while being wrong :wink:
Ohhh okaaaay, now we're getting personal. That was uncalled for, Histeria. And I'm not wrong. Kyle does have a social media manager at least for Twitter (I can't say how I know that, but I do hence the wink) and his tweets yesterday are not hints of anything. But if you believe otherwise, that's absolutely your right.

And for the record, I still do believe there's a new Lynch project coming but it has nothing to do with TP. Now, please let's stay respectful.