Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:37 am (Of course there is no "revetment". It's all a conspiracy as TP Season 4 will be filming there - and for some reason it will take three months to film the sign.)
That's three months to fix the population figure on the sign and film the sign. Much more reasonable when you put it like that.

Those NPR lyrics and song titles interesting.

Also another song from 1950s in today's whether report. That guy on reddit who said he's making 50s set designs for Unrecorded Night many months ago is probably shifting uncomfortably in his seat if he was actually telling the truth.

https://twitter.com/BlueRoseMag1/status ... 59650?s=19

Last I heard recently in the podcast was they weren't making more issues of Blue Rose Mag because interest had waned since 2017 and there didn't seem to be anything on the horizon to kick-start it again. So it's good to know they changed their minds on that front.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 8:54 am
https://twitter.com/BlueRoseMag1/status ... 59650?s=19

Last I heard recently in the podcast was they weren't making more issues of Blue Rose Mag because interest had waned since 2017 and there didn't seem to be anything on the horizon to kick-start it again. So it's good to know they changed their minds on that front.
Now that's interesting, the tweet even says "it is happening again". Hmm.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Could be teasing Unrecorded Night. Could just be referring to Issue 16, I guess.

If this was two months ago I'd be giddy but I'm a lot more reserved and cautious about these kind of posts now.

Reading that tweet I just realised how it's been kind of exhausting; mostly because of the Internal conflict of what is and isn't a rational assumption on so many of these things.

Entirely my own fault, of course. But I'm a bit jaded now.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I was the exact same, I even said a few pages back I was quitting the thread for awhile, but now I just post whatever I happen to see online to keep it going, without actual engaging in deep speculation - more for fun than anything.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Let's see if any of the other cast members start posting wisteria shots, but even then we'll just say they're engaging in hype without knowing anything. Lol.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah. I took a break for a day or so too because it just wasn't as fun as it was before anymore.

And those Sabrina pics dragged my right back in :lol:
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Histeria wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:12 am Could be teasing Unrecorded Night. Could just be referring to Issue 16, I guess.

If this was two months ago I'd be giddy but I'm a lot more reserved and cautious about these kind of posts now.

Reading that tweet I just realised how it's been kind of exhausting; mostly because of the Internal conflict of what is and isn't a rational assumption on so many of these things.

Entirely my own fault, of course. But I'm a bit jaded now.
Yeah, jaded is the correct word. Tired of the teases and the false hope I've given myself. Need to just focus on enjoying what we have.

I highly doubt Lynch would use The Blue Rose mag to unveil Wisteria unfortunately. Hopefully they're just announcing that they are carrying on in some way. It's a great read.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah at the most optimistic I'd say they might know when Lynch will announce and thus plan their own one accordingly.

But I'm not at my most optimistic so I'm just assuming it's the 2022 16th issue they teased on the podcast a few weeks ago.

I just found it interesting how they also said they have no plans for a 16th issue just a short while before saying it was happening after all.

Another exciting one is the guest-edited special art issue coming this year. But an actually fully-fledged regular issue coming in 2022 was a surprise to hear after they said it wouldn't happen due to there being nothing on the horizon/reduced fandom interest.

Same thing with the TPU podcast which suddenly said they're winding down but will come back when Unrecorded Night is out.

Either way, I'm still glad there's more Blue Rose regardless of whether there's more adventures set in the Twin Peaks universe
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Lynch's Netflix show is starting production in June following a one month delay.

Jennifer Lynch is directing an episode of Ryan Murphy's "Monsters," a ten-episide limited series staring Evan Peters.

So close. So far.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 11:26 am Lynch's Netflix show is starting production in June following a one month delay.
Wait, what? Was this just announced?

Oh wait - you're talking about the Jennifer Lynch thing? Don't do that to me - lol!
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Histeria means David Lynch in the first sentence I am sure. Not sure where the info is coming from....?
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 2:23 pm the absence of evidence of anything going on surely means some really big news is about to break!

Now I am really getting excited!
Reply to quote.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:06 pm Histeria means David Lynch in the first sentence I am sure. Not sure where the info is coming from....?
No sorry it really was just a low blow attempt at gallows humour :D

Jennifer is directing an episode of Monster, though. They're trying to start it around June 10.

I might get in trouble if i say where I got it from. I have zilch on Unrecorded Night despite my unspeakable efforts and never intended to imply otherwise.
Mordeen wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 1:08 pm Reply to quote.

- Mordeen
How are you doing?
Last edited by Histeria on Tue May 25, 2021 1:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 2:14 am Sherilyn Fenn is posting images of wisteria .... again, as reported by fatecolossal. They seem to be images she's found, not that she's taken herself. Maybe she's gotten caught up in the hype herself. But she seems to be hinting fairly heavily. Idk.

Keep an eye out for her sitting at a street corner with an alpaca and a sign which reads "Will Work For DKL for Food"

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mordeen, anything percolating in your world (other than coffee)?