Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by mtwentz »

Cde. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 am But does Mordeen actually know anything about this particular production, and would people be as interested in cracking these codes if they came from someone with no reputation for insider knowledge?
I am sure Mordeen knows something.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Cde. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 am But does Mordeen actually know anything about this particular production, and would people be as interested in cracking these codes if they came from someone with no reputation for insider knowledge?
I'll quote this post too, without addressing either question posed.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
I'm still confident a project is in pre-production at the moment but I don't think it's TP S4.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?
i reckon 500 :lol:
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

underthefan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 am
Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
I'm still confident a project is in pre-production at the moment but I don't think it's TP S4.
Why not?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

ringbearer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:46 am Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?
It's really strange that you just said that. I was going to post the exact same thing like 5 minutes ago. Are you reading my mind?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

there's always 315... :)
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ringbearer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:46 am Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?

Unless Mordeen responds to cryptically quote every post. In which case it will be around 556 (which, incidentally, is the current page count plus 253). ;)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I really was just wondering that earlier. I figured another 100 page milestone or so, around 400 - but could be as much as 500.

Then again, we could be on page 10,000 or even 100,000, and wondering if the current wisteria posts on whatever the next big social media thing is mean anything.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:50 am
underthefan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 am
Why not?
I think because of Netflix and the licensing issues I talked about in my long post. It might still be TP-related in some way but not requiring the knowledge of what came previously.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

That's true. I do also wonder how all that will work.

Technically, though, Coop is now Richard and Laura is Carrie, The Giant is The Fireman. They could all have new names again. And Audrey could be a new person entirely if she's woken up in some other realm or even in the real world. So maybe Lynch will just rename all the characters and the town itself and continue on. It's a Lynch show after all - we'd hardly bat an eye!
Last edited by Jonah on Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Yeah, I think that's a possibility - original actors playing new characters or even a meta behind the scenes kind of approach. Or even more likely, something none of us has even thought of before!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

David Lynch's "New Nightmare"
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

As a huge fan of New Nightmare, I would absolutely LOVE that!
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Jonah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:17 am That's true. I do also wonder how all that will work.

Technically, though, Coop is now Richard and Laura is Carrie
I guess that depends of your reading of s3e18, to me that ending definitely stated that Cooper and Laura Palmer were their true identities, the lights went out on the illusion. No matter how much you try to run away from things (Laura) or try to cling on to an idealised version of your self image (Dale), you are who you are.