Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

It’s like deer in the woods.

Think of how gently a deer has to move in the snow.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Taking this with a grain of salt but someone on Reddit just posted that they saw documents that say Twin Peaks is in the title of Unrecorded Night and that it did in fact start production six days ago. Wonder what this person saw!

https://www.reddit.com/r/davidlynch/com ... ame=iossmf
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

That's a really vague post (not yours, but theirs). They wrote "Just a guess, but I saw somewhere that the production registration (or some sh** like that) has Twin Peaks in the name." What does that even mean? It sounds like they might be referring to the PW listing or copyright filing and guessing the rest?

Edit - the title of their post say "production documents", but I don't know. The post is so vague, they don't give any indication they're any sort of insider or saw any sort of inside documentation, it still sounds like something they saw online (at least until they clarify further).
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:12 am That's a really vague post (not yours, but theirs). They wrote "Just a guess, but I saw somewhere that the production registration (or some sh** like that) has Twin Peaks in the name." What does that even mean? It sounds like they might be referring to the PW listing or copyright filing and guessing the rest?
Ah you’re probably right they must’ve seen one of the PW listings or something and jumped the gun. Twin Peaks: Unrecorded Night is a great title though
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

According to their history, they recently commented on a post titled "Unrecorded Night starts shooting May 3rd, according to productionlist.com" so just sounds like it's info they're getting online. I think production list had May 3rd listed as a date so sounds like that's all they're referring to.

Edit - Yeah, so reading through it again, they're just referring to the production list listing which had that date. And their line about Twin Peaks being in the name is that they heard about the copyright filing and/or PW listing and Twin Peaks Productions being apart of that. Alas, they are not referring to a new document they saw or anything like that.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 am According to their history, they recently commented on a post titled "Unrecorded Night starts shooting May 3rd, according to productionlist.com" so just sounds like it's info they're getting online. I think production list had May 3rd listed as a date so sounds like that's all they're referring to.

Edit - Yeah, so reading through it again, they're just referring to the production list listing which had that date. And their line about Twin Peaks being in the name is that they heard about the copyright filing and/or PW listing and Twin Peaks Productions being apart of that. Alas, they are not referring to a new document they saw or anything like that.
Yeah I figured it must’ve been them putting together some details that we already know. Thanks for keeping my feet on the ground here Jonah! Thought I may share it anyway though just in case. Also interestingly enough I was scrolling through the copyright filings and it seems as though he may have also copyrighted a poem at the same time as Unrecorded Night was copyrighted titled “In The Dream”. Wonder if it has anything to do with it
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Even if that redditor isn't actively lying I'm pretty sure it's based on stuff we've already seen.

And the Twin Peaks thing is probably referring to "Twin Peaks Productions"

Or they're just making it up.

Or, least likely, they did actually have eyes on real evidence.

Either way, Canthaveit aside I'd treat reddit posts as false until they're supplemented by more evidence. As Jonah mentioned already, their post history doesn't exude authority, either.

And while I do find it *plausible* Lynch could put a stopper on a project because of leaks, it does not follow that a post on Reddit stating knowledge of a plausible should be taken at face value.

My post about the weather report last night wasn't any sagely insight. Sorry if I made it sound that way.

Lynch often used spring and flowering plants as metaphors for Twin Peaks back before The Return was announced. Months before they announced S3, Lynch tweeted:

"In the springtime, flowering branches grow; some long, some short."

He also quoted this in his weather report a few months back. Many took this as a metaphor for Wisteria starting production in Spring (a happy coincidence that May is also when Wisteria blooms).

I interpret his joy at the an upcoming springtime as a continuation of the above metaphor. The accompanying instagram artwork is "Let's Rock." That may also be a coincidence, but my wager is based on the wheather reports alone. I don't know to any degree of certainty that my hunch is right but I feel it is (thanks to the tidbits from people who *do* actually know).

We'll see soon enough, I guess.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:39 am
Jonah wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:25 am According to their history, they recently commented on a post titled "Unrecorded Night starts shooting May 3rd, according to productionlist.com" so just sounds like it's info they're getting online. I think production list had May 3rd listed as a date so sounds like that's all they're referring to.

Yeah I figured it must’ve been them putting together some details that we already know. Thanks for keeping my feet on the ground here Jonah! Thought I may share it anyway though just in case. Also interestingly enough I was scrolling through the copyright filings and it seems as though he may have also copyrighted a poem at the same time as Unrecorded Night was copyrighted titled “In The Dream”. Wonder if it has anything to do with it
No worries. I'm as eager for news as you are! Not sure about the poem or what it means, could be for a new book, or for the show itself.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:46 am Even if that redditor isn't actively lying I'm pretty sure it's based on stuff we've already seen.

And the Twin Peaks thing is probably referring to "Twin Peaks Productions"

Or they're just making it up.

Or, least likely, they did actually have eyes on real evidence.

Either way, Canthaveit aside I'd treat reddit posts as false until they're supplemented by more evidence. As Jonah mentioned already, their post history doesn't exude authority, either.

And while I do find it *plausible* Lynch could put a stopper on a project because of leaks, it does not follow that a post on Reddit stating knowledge of a plausible should be taken at face value.

My post about the weather report last night wasn't any sagely insight. Sorry if I made it sound that way.

Lynch often used spring and flowering plants as metaphors for Twin Peaks back before The Return was announced. Months before they announced S3, Lynch tweeted:

"In the springtime, flowering branches grow; some long, some short."

He also quoted this in his weather report a few months back. Many took this as a metaphor for Wisteria starting production in Spring (a happy coincidence that May is also when Wisteria blooms).

I interpret his joy at the an upcoming springtime as a continuation of the above metaphor. The accompanying instagram artwork is "Let's Rock." That may also be a coincidence, but my wager is based on the wheather reports alone. I don't know to any degree of certainty that my hunch is right but I feel it is (thanks to the tidbits from people who *do* actually know).

We'll see soon enough, I guess.
Yeah, I don't think they're lying - just talking about the production list thing.

I do think someone needs to question Canthaveit more though, lol.

Lynch mentioning Springtime and the "Let's Rock" thing could definitely be clues.

I also liked how he was focusing on the song and character "Donna" too.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

You bring up a good point Jonah about the “Donna” reference he made. Whoever runs the David Lynch Theater account posted a picture of Donna Hayward and coincidentally Lara Flynn Boyle was spotted in LA a day or two before he referenced the song. I think if Lynch wanted to put a stop to the leaks/rumors about Wisteria someone wouldn’t have posted a picture of her to go along with the song on Instagram. They have to know the community is waiting for something and keep talking about this upcoming project so I don’t think they’d go out of their way to do stuff that would lead us on. This might just me be spitballing but I have a gut feeling that we may be getting an actual announcement soon.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I agree, though don't read too much into LFB being spotted in LA as I think she lives there.

Can anyone make out what it is in that "Let's Rock" picture? Is it just a car? Because at first I thought it looked like a typewriter and for some reason that made me excited, lol.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COnflPoF55u/
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I just thought it was a funny coincidence that she was spotted and then he makes a reference to her. I actually didn’t even see the Let’s Rock artwork but it looks to me like it’s supposed to be on a billboard and there’s apartment buildings around it. Interesting. Also the David Lynch Theater did like the wisteria post that Kyle put on Instagram. I thought it was a little odd that he never put the picture of Wisteria on his Twitter account, only on his Instagram for some reason.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 2:56 am You bring up a good point Jonah about the “Donna” reference he made. Whoever runs the David Lynch Theater account posted a picture of Donna Hayward and coincidentally Lara Flynn Boyle was spotted in LA a day or two before he referenced the song. I think if Lynch wanted to put a stop to the leaks/rumors about Wisteria someone wouldn’t have posted a picture of her to go along with the song on Instagram. They have to know the community is waiting for something and keep talking about this upcoming project so I don’t think they’d go out of their way to do stuff that would lead us on. This might just me be spitballing but I have a gut feeling that we may be getting an actual announcement soon.
Sabrina runs the social accounts.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Donna needs to come back, even if it's Moira Kelly playing her. I'd prefer LFB and Moira Kelly in another role, but I would like to see Donna.

If I was writing the new season, I'd start with Richard and Carrie, and Audrey of course, but then I'd weave in characters who didn't get to appear in The Return - Donna, Catherine, Josie, Annie, Chester Desmond, Sam Stanley, etc. - before I brought in the other characters. But I'm not Lynch and I'm not entirely sure he's interested in all those characters, especially Annie, which is a shame as Heather Graham was ready to appear. But yeah, I'd like to see those characters who weren't in The Return appear early in any new season.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Maybe it’s possible that this new project will bring back the other people that didn’t get wrapped up in The Return, almost like a flip side to it. I know he asked LFB to come back for The Return and she was in a new movie recently so maybe she’s ready to make a full return. Chris Isaak is in better health as well, it would be cool to see him again. That would be interesting. Also Sabrina running the socials makes things even more questionable as well
"Jade give two rides."