Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

I saw it after I'd posted it. Figured someone would mention it lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

@fatecolossal
Take w/ a grain of salt: fwiw, Peter Deming (Lynch DP) & Debbie Zoller (Lynch makeup artist) both ‘liked’ a comment on Deming’s recent IG post asking when they’ll start shooting David Lynch’s new series UNRECORDED NIGHT - & Zoller separately wrote to Deming, ‘see you again soon!’

@fatecolossal
Deming & Zoller both just finished shooting another film, SHOTGUN WEDDING, & his post was of photos from the end of that film’s shoot. Deming may well have just been liking many comments on his post out of politeness; Zoller’s like, while still not much, is more interesting.

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I gave fatecolossal the heads up on that one. :D

Likely doesn't mean anything but I still want to believe.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 am I saw it after I'd posted it. Figured someone would mention it lol.
Haha. Kind of weird/funny to think about Lynch and Richard Lewis being in the same room together.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Cappy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:26 pm
Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:32 am I saw it after I'd posted it. Figured someone would mention it lol.
Haha. Kind of weird/funny to think about Lynch and Richard Lewis being in the same room together.
Curb Your Enthusiasm would take an interesting turn if they had David Lynch as a guest - or even got him to direct an episode or two. :lol:
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:29 pm
sneakydave wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:21 pm I gave fatecolossal the heads up on that one. :D

Likely doesn't mean anything but I still want to believe.
I saw another tweet on twitter telling him about it and almost posted it, but didn't think I should post names here for privacy reasons.
Cheers man. Though I kind of just outed myself. Oops.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:30 pm
Cappy wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:26 pm
Curb Your Enthusiasm would take an interesting turn if they had David Lynch as a guest - or even got him to direct an episode or two. :lol:
That’d be great. He was hilarious on Louie. I’d love to see him interact with Larry. And Leon!
Cappy
Great Northern Member

Post by Cappy »

Susie walking in on Jeff and Larry watching "Eraserhead" (or any Lynch film) would be the greatest thing ever.

"In heaven everything is fine? What the fuck is this shit?!?"
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If any shooting does happen next week, is someone likely to leak it or how long could they go and keep it a complete secret?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 pm If any shooting does happen next week, is someone likely to leak it or how long could they go and keep it a complete secret?
Yeah, we need some LA folks to snoop on the studio and report back. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:59 pm If any shooting does happen next week, is someone likely to leak it or how long could they go and keep it a complete secret?
I think that would depend on how locked down the studio/location is. According to PW, I believe, production is set for Calvert Studios which is in Van Nuys, so you'd think some enterprising LA based Lynch fan desperate for info would maybe drive by and see what's going on. But if it's pretty well sealed off from looky-loos and none of the cast/crew do anything dumb like geotag social media posts with Calvert's location (don't think I didn't already look on IG) it might still be hard to glean any confirmation even when shooting begins.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I know Van Nuys was where the original series was shot in a big warehouse. I know it wasn't the same studio, but I wonder if those beautiful old sets still exist? Were the studio parts of The Return filmed there too - in that particular studio or even just the same area?
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:25 pm I know Van Nuys was where the original series was shot in a big warehouse. I know it wasn't the same studio, but I wonder if those beautiful old sets still exist? Were the studio parts of The Return filmed there too - in that particular studio or even just the same area?
I think it's the same exact studio: http://thecalvertstudios.com/

At least they list Twin Peaks in their "Previously At" crawl on the stage rentals page, of productions that have previously shot there.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Same studio for The Return but not the original series - or for both? I had thought the original was just a warehouse they rented, not an established studio.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:31 pm Same studio for The Return but not the original series - or for both? I had thought the original was just a warehouse they rented, not an established studio.
Oh, sorry, just The Return, I think. It's the Return "Limited Event Series" logo they use.