Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by IcedOver »

ManBehindWinkies wrote:It's really depressing to think that no film or television productions will be able to resume for quite some time. I hope some can resume before a vaccine is widely available. That could take a very long time and there's really no way to have an accurate time table on when it might happen at this point. Hopefully testing and monitoring will become efficient enough that film and television production can resume.
Well for one, a vaccine might not be possible, so people have to prepare for that likelihood. However, I think that film production can and will resume soon just like any other job - with precautions. Lynch is probably speaking more for himself as he has to be careful. Other movies in production or close to it have not been canceled. I don't like his bummer view of theaters. I'm pro-theater and very much against the "streaming" model, and most "arthouse" movies find their way even to a medium-sized market like mine. Sure, it might not be for long, but that's fine.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!
ManBehindWinkies
Roadhouse Member

Post by ManBehindWinkies »

IcedOver wrote:
ManBehindWinkies wrote:It's really depressing to think that no film or television productions will be able to resume for quite some time. I hope some can resume before a vaccine is widely available. That could take a very long time and there's really no way to have an accurate time table on when it might happen at this point. Hopefully testing and monitoring will become efficient enough that film and television production can resume.
Well for one, a vaccine might not be possible, so people have to prepare for that likelihood. However, I think that film production can and will resume soon just like any other job - with precautions. Lynch is probably speaking more for himself as he has to be careful. Other movies in production or close to it have not been canceled. I don't like his bummer view of theaters. I'm pro-theater and very much against the "streaming" model, and most "arthouse" movies find their way even to a medium-sized market like mine. Sure, it might not be for long, but that's fine.
It's true a vaccine may not be possible. It's very bad news if isn't. As far as film productions resuming like any other job, that's not likely. Other jobs are resuming without adequate testing in place and the problem of asymptomatic carriers will not go away. Basically people in those jobs are test subjects in an experiment. We don't know that the precautions being taken without efficient and widespread testing will be enough to prevent a second wave. Film productions are not going to subject their high priced talent to this sort of experiment. They'll stay safe and wait to see the results of the experiment.
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

https://tvline.com/2020/05/06/carols-se ... ia-heaton/

Kyle's sitcom just got cancelled.

It probably doesn't change the odds of getting a fourth season though.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/twi ... e-seasons/.
Nothing new except Kyle mentioning that he would love to play Cooper again
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hey all. First new post here in a LONG time. Hope you're all doing well. So, Lynch has started doing his weather reports again. They are getting progressively bluer. Some have pointed out this may be a hint to more TP. What do you all think?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Jonah wrote:Hey all. First new post here in a LONG time. Hope you're all doing well. So, Lynch has started doing his weather reports again. They are getting progressively bluer. Some have pointed out this may be a hint to more TP. What do you all think?
Hm. I want to say that's a stretch, but on his old reports, he did cryptically tease Inland Empire (Laura Dern holding up a date) and then officially announce its release from his desk. So, who knows!
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

Inspired by recent behind the scenes photos of the underwater shoot for avatar 2, Lynch is preparing to announce a 4th season film completely underwater.
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Jonah wrote:Hey all. First new post here in a LONG time. Hope you're all doing well. So, Lynch has started doing his weather reports again. They are getting progressively bluer. Some have pointed out this may be a hint to more TP. What do you all think?
I noticed that too and had posted on reddit
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I doubt anyone’s announcing any new productions at the moment, unless it’s done virtually like that Parks & Rec special. No one knows when shooting will be possible, and Lynch (who had become pretty reclusive even before all this) seems to be super cautious about staying isolated. He said in one interview that he only sees Emily and Lula from separate yards/houses.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

krishnanspace wrote:
I noticed that too and had posted on reddit
I think that's where I saw it!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:I doubt anyone’s announcing any new productions at the moment, unless it’s done virtually like that Parks & Rec special. No one knows when shooting will be possible, and Lynch (who had become pretty reclusive even before all this) seems to be super cautious about staying isolated. He said in one interview that he only sees Emily and Lula from separate yards/houses.
I am guessing next year at earliest for starting new productions. Even that might be a stretch. But what do I know?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

watching mulholland dr and during the infamous pinkies scene some dialogue stuck out. when patrick fischler's character recounts his dream he describes the light as half night and half day. I connected that with the blue filter dl has loved so much recently. Feels like that digital blue filter is an expression of the ethereal vibe he was implying in mulholland dr but couldn't execute until the practicalities of digital filmmaking made it much cheaper
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

dreamshake wrote:watching mulholland dr and during the infamous pinkies scene some dialogue stuck out. when patrick fischler's character recounts his dream he describes the light as half night and half day. I connected that with the blue filter dl has loved so much recently. Feels like that digital blue filter is an expression of the ethereal vibe he was implying in mulholland dr but couldn't execute until the practicalities of digital filmmaking made it much cheaper
And throughout film history these kinds of blue tone filters have been known as "Day for Night". i would personally have preferred something a bit less "Smurf" in this particular case thought.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

eyeboogers wrote:
dreamshake wrote:watching mulholland dr and during the infamous pinkies scene some dialogue stuck out. when patrick fischler's character recounts his dream he describes the light as half night and half day. I connected that with the blue filter dl has loved so much recently. Feels like that digital blue filter is an expression of the ethereal vibe he was implying in mulholland dr but couldn't execute until the practicalities of digital filmmaking made it much cheaper
And throughout film history these kinds of blue tone filters have been known as "Day for Night". i would personally have preferred something a bit less "Smurf" in this particular case thought.
The 'blue' scene in The Return was equally exaggerated. So people are right making a connection. Clearly Lynch has something on his mind - I think its related to Twin Peaks.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

He had a long documented history of reusing certain motifs and aesthetics from film to film and in his other work. He clearly likes the effect and he decided to start using it on the weather reports. I’m not reading anything into it.