New forum site Tulpa, the successor to Dugpa

Details of site updates and a place to add feedback

Moderators: Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by Histeria »

Here's the test page. Feel free to make accounts and explore stuff the features.

Nothing there is fixed. I just set up a basic forum structure to test things.

We can use this thread to discuss how to shape it, design it, and add to it. Also taking ideas for what features we can implement.

Once we settle on a name, we can change the URL to something less generic.

https://tulpa.community.forum/forums/-/list

P.S: dark mode available in the top right corner. Click the moon.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:28 pm Here's the test page. Feel free to make accounts and explore stuff the features.

We can use this thread to discuss how to shape it, design it, and add to it. Also taking ideas for what features we can implement.

It looks pretty good on a very cursory inspection. I was able to register, and I was able to set it to dark theme. I can't post, but I assume it's set like that for safety purposes.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

New forum looks great. I’m happy to point folks to the new site.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:53 pm
Jasper wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Histeria wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:28 pm Here's the test page. Feel free to make accounts and explore stuff the features.

It looks pretty good on a very cursory inspection. I was able to register, and I was able to set it to dark theme. I can't post, but I assume it's set like that for safety purposes.
Can you kindly check if you've verified your email.
That does the trick. :idea: :lol:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

dugpa wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 6:53 pm New forum looks great. I’m happy to point folks to the new site.
I feel much better about the prospect of a new forum now that it's received Dugpa's blessing. I'm sure many of you agree.

Histeria you've done a great job with it so far. It looks very good.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I'm liking the new forum! Thanks so much to Histeria to creating it. I'm gonna register right now with the same user name. And once again, huge thanks to Dugpa for all these wonderful years on here.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Nothing to thank me for! The thanks should all go to Dugpa.

I've taken a lot from this place over the last 12 months. Personally, it has truly been one of the best things about an otherwise horrible year across the globe.

With this community being able to continue in some form, I'll still be benefitting from it a lot more than I'm contributing to it (which really isn't very much; the hard work is and was all Dupga).

Question for all: how should the forum be populated ahead of an actual launch? Should there be individual subforums for each title as it is on here? Or should we just continue our UN/Wisteria discussion and let the forum pad out naturally?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

baxter wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:02 am I'm not getting the authentication email for some reason. How long should it take to come through?
I have manually verified you. This has happened with my own email, too! Worked fine when I tested an alternative so it's something to do with incoming server settings at different emails. I'll do more digging in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by enumbs »

Histeria wrote:
baxter wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:02 am I'm not getting the authentication email for some reason. How long should it take to come through?
I have manually verified you. This has happened with my own email, too! Worked fine when I tested an alternative so it's something to do with incoming server settings at different emails. I'll do more digging in the meantime. Thanks for the heads up
Thanks for setting up the board, it’s looking good. I am having the same problem however - my new profile name is WorldFarAway.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:10 am Thanks for setting up the board, it’s looking good. I am having the same problem however - my new profile name is WorldFarAway.
I have verified you, too. The common factor seems to be microsoft inboxes not letting them through.

If anyone else has trouble please let me know.
MoondogJR
RR Diner Member

Post by MoondogJR »

Histeria wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:31 am
enumbs wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:10 am Thanks for setting up the board, it’s looking good. I am having the same problem however - my new profile name is WorldFarAway.
I have verified you, too. The common factor seems to be microsoft inboxes not letting them through.

If anyone else has trouble please let me know.
Same problem here. Username = MoondogJR.
"Your log and I are on the same page."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Histeria wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 4:07 am
Amazing - many thanks!
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

As Rainwater said, let's not clutter this thread with discussions on process. It should be a place for tributes.

That discussion can go here

https://tulpa.community.forum/threads/f ... discuss.3/

or maybe a new thread on Dugpa that splits these topics from tributes to the site
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: New forum site

Post by Histeria »

thanks for this, jonah.

I think aggregating the posts on the new forum and stuff like email verification can go here so the other focuses exclusively on the sad news this site is closing. And for tributes, farewells and fond memories.

Link to discussion on the new forum where most posts about the new site should probably go:

https://tulpa.community.forum/threads/f ... discuss.3/

Though we're starting threads, we won't be allowing replies to non-meta topics until after Dugpa closes. The focus for discussion and debate should be on Dupga only until the very last reply is posted.

The intro thread and help forums will remain open for meta discussions. As Rainwater said, it's best we don't clutter the thread in Dugpa with discussions on these details

And as I said before, I'd be honoured if the all mods/admins took up their positions on the new site. And Dugpa will always be The Bossman.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just registered on the new site. I'll promote it with a Twitter blast this morning.

Let's hope we have a major thing to talk about soon.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM