Deleted Scenes

Discussion of Wild at Heart

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Re: Deleted Scenes

Post by Evenreven »

I'm really looking forward to this. I think Wild at Heart is too sprawling for its relatively short running time. Hopefully the deleted scenes will rectify some of this feeling for me, even if they're just a supplement. Anyway, just seeing more Willem Dafoe and Grace Zabriskie is enough for me.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
DigitalGhost
Roadhouse Member

Post by DigitalGhost »

The Wild At Heart deleted scenes are fantastic, and not in a 'well they're worth having for the sake of it' kind of way. I agree Wild At Heart has always seemed sprawling, but there's actually a lot of exposition in the deleted scenes. It's one of the few films I think would benefit from a directors cut.
"Look at the light climbing up the aerial"
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

The Lime Green box isn't out in the UK yet so... can anyone who has seen them say which WAH deleted scenes are in it? In particular, is the scripted scene where Sailor & Lula go to a garage and when they leave, Dell is spotted cleaning something or other with a toothbrush in there?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Here's an initial list:

I'll grab the rest later tonight. Also, from what I understand, this set will only be available in the US.
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

dugpa wrote:Here's an initial list:

I'll grab the rest later tonight. Also, from what I understand, this set will only be available in the US.
What set are you referring to Dugpa?
cubist
Roadhouse Member

Post by cubist »

Henrys Hair wrote:The Lime Green box isn't out in the UK yet so... can anyone who has seen them say which WAH deleted scenes are in it? In particular, is the scripted scene where Sailor & Lula go to a garage and when they leave, Dell is spotted cleaning something or other with a toothbrush in there?
Yes that scene is included. I remember being very surprised at seeing Dell pop up!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It's going to take me a while to post the other scenes. If anyone can, please do as I won't be able to post them for a few days.

-B
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Now that you guys are showing all the details, you're making me REALLY want this. It's got my favorite movies in it. Hmmm, my birthday is coming up next month...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Mb3
RR Diner Member

Post by Mb3 »

Annie wrote:Now that you guys are showing all the details, you're making me REALLY want this. It's got my favorite movies in it. Hmmm, my birthday is coming up next month...
I thought you already own this fabulous Box-set but now you've proven me wrong. I highly recommend you to order it next month as a birthday present for yourself. Since it contains Lynchs older movies you'll definetly love it and the Wild at Heart deleted scenes are fantastic too.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

cubist wrote:
dugpa wrote:Here's an initial list:

What set are you referring to Dugpa?
By set I meant the Lime Green Box Set.
BobbyPeru

Post by BobbyPeru »

I love the deleted WAH scenes, especialy the ones w/ Drop Shadow and Reggie. I love my Lime Green Set as a whole, but I must admit the deleted WAH scenes are the main reason I got the set. I already owned Eraserhead, Blue Velvet, and WAH. Between that and Industrial Symphony #1 and all the extras- it was worth the price for me.
"I'm a whole damn town" - Andy
PJPJPJ

Post by PJPJPJ »

marchug wrote: the original australian theatrical release of "wild at heart" started with a short scene in which nicholas cage is seen having sex with laura dern's mother in a toilet cubicle. This scene has been excised from the region 4 DVD release and instead the film starts with an unsubstantiated accusation of this, just before the fight.

anyone know about this?

i would love to have seen some of these deleted scenes...
I saw WAH about four times (dragging potential converts to the cinema) when it was released in 1990 and don't remember this scene at all.

PJ
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Please help

Post by qbin2001 »

I'm non-english viewer, and I have a little problem with a few dialogs in Deleted Scenes. Most of them I found in shooting script, rest was no problem, but I can't figure out what they're saying in few scenes.

Can anyone write it for me, please?

Here's a list (I can't understand the ??? dialogs):

Scenes 96 and 97 (end of scene)

[Gas Station Worker] Del? Del...
[Gas Station Worker] ??? is ready.

Scene 122 (end of scene)

[Lula] Well... another lesson, I've learned from Del.
[Lula] ???

Scene 124

[Doors open]
[Sailor] ???
[Sailor] ???
[Lula] Ugh...
[Sailor] It's not bad for 11 $ a day.

[Lula] We've got a little pony-radio.
[Sailor] ???

Scene 157

- I'm scared, mammmy.
- [Lula] ???
- Why you scared, baby?

Thank you very much.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

At the USC Twin Peaks panel, Duwayne Dunham and Grace Zabriskie wandered off-topic for a few minutes and talked a bit about her (mostly) deleted scene from Wild at Heart that caused all the walk-outs in the test screenings.

It's around the 12:20 mark on this video:
http://tv8-1.usc.edu/?p=13647

Dunham (who edited Wild at Heart) describes the original version of that scene as twelve minutes long, and "to this day, is the most moving, best work that I have ever done... nobody will ever see it." They say some interesting things about the original scene.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

I took a look around and can't seem to find an answer to my question:

Are the deleted scenes still only available on the Lime Green Boxset?
-23-