Soundtrack

Discussion of Wild at Heart

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Annie
Global Moderator

Soundtrack

Post by Annie »

I'm just catching up with soundtrack CDs and saw on Amazon that the original soundtrack recorded in the US for Wild at Heart has been discontinued. However, it's just been republished in the UK. Can anybody tell me whether there would be a difference? I'm wondering if I should get a used CD from 1990 or a brand new one from the UK--it looks exactly the same. TIA.
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
j9
Roadhouse Member

Re: Soundtrack

Post by j9 »

The UK import appears to be the same, based on the track listing.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

It's coming for my birthday!!!!!
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I got it. Really like the song "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak but was hoping for a longer version of it like when Sailor and Lula are driving on the highway and they use it for background music. I think the only great music for Lynch stuff is for Twin Peaks.
jameseric

Post by jameseric »

Check out Chris Issak / Wicked Game. It has twelve tracks including two Wicked Game versions which come in at around 4:46 and 4:48. The 4:48 version is an instrumental taken from the movie.
gavriloP
RR Diner Member

Post by gavriloP »

Wicked Game is actually kind of recompilation from Isaak's 80s albums. Of course The Wicked Game and Blue Spanish Sky songs are made for this record.

Chris Isaak is one of my favourites. If you like at all his sound, definitely check out also Forever Blue album. And if you are Chester Desmond fan as I am, check out also his tv series Chris Isaak Show, to me it is perhaps the greatest american TV show in ten years (well, I also liked sci-fi series Firefly a lot). And I haven't even see all the episodes because they cancelled it from Finnish TV after 20 episodes (those bastards!). The show itself is impossible to get on DVD because of all the copyright problems with guest stars and their record companies.