Peter Baartz's "No Frank In Lumberton" Film

Discussion of Blue Velvet

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

wild90man

Peter Baartz's "No Frank In Lumberton" Film

Post by wild90man »

I find the write-up for Baartz's film very condescending and the perfect example of everything I find wrong in contemporary discourse on modern film and art, but none the less, the site has brought to attention a 1988 avant-garde documentary made on the set of Blue Velvet by photographer Peter Baartz, who Lynch allowed to hang around during the shooting of the film. He put together a brilliant avant-garde collage trance film of his experiences on the set which aired on EU television in 1988.

You can watch the 60minute film here. My apologies if this has already been posted here already.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/art_ ... lue_velvet
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Re: Peter Baartz's "No Frank In Lumberton" Film

Post by LostInTheMovies »

wild90man wrote:I find the write-up for Baartz's film very condescending and the perfect example of everything I find wrong in contemporary discourse on modern film and art, but none the less, the site has brought to attention a 1988 avant-garde documentary made on the set of Blue Velvet by photographer Peter Baartz, who Lynch allowed to hang around during the shooting of the film. He put together a brilliant avant-garde collage trance film of his experiences on the set which aired on EU television in 1988.

You can watch the 60minute film here. My apologies if this has already been posted here already.

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/art_ ... lue_velvet
Thank you for posting this! There's been a discussion about this movie on the Blue Velvet Revisited thread (since apparently a new, more conventional documentary is incorporating some of Baartz's unused footage) and initially I had No Frank confused with Blue Velvet Revisited. Recently I saw a 2015 trailer for No Frank and was really excited to see it, and then disappointed when I realized it wasn't the same as Revisted, and worried that I wouldn't get a chance. So perfect timing!
AgentQ7

Post by AgentQ7 »

Anyone know if the reason 'No Frank in Lumberton' is impossible to find online (and even that very recently posted YouTube link was pulled) is because they're planning on releasing it in some other form (maybe in conjunction with 'Blue Velvet Revisited' or perhaps on a/nother future Blu-Ray)?
LostInTheMovies
Bookhouse Member

Post by LostInTheMovies »

I hope so. I am kicking myself for not watching it when it was posted a month ago - and I was so excited to see that it was up! The procrastinator in me knows no bounds. :(
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It's Braatz.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM