Lost Highway on dvd in R1 3/25/08 !!

Discussion of Lost Highway

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Lost Highway on dvd in R1 3/25/08 !!

Post by Jerry Horne »

Universal Home Video has announced a new edition of the 1997 film Lost Highway which stars Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, and Balthazar Getty. This David Lynch directed film will be available to own from the 25th March, and should retail at around $19.98. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital track. As far as we know, the only extra material on this one will be a 10-Part Multi-Angle Interview with David Lynch. Stay tuned for the official package artwork.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

Universal Home Video has announced a new edition of the 1997 film Lost Highway which stars Bill Pullman, Patricia Arquette, and Balthazar Getty. This David Lynch directed film will be available to own from the 25th March, and should retail at around $19.98. The film itself will be presented in anamorphic widescreen, along with an English Dolby Digital track. As far as we know, the only extra material on this one will be a 10-Part Multi-Angle Interview with David Lynch. Stay tuned for the official package artwork.
Yes, but what about the negative publicity fallout from the Robert Blake trial?? How will Universal Home Video deal with that ??
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I say release him and have FOX film his life as a reality show. I mean this is where all this reality crap is headed anyway. Let's just cut to the chase.

DVDactive lists 3/25
DVDtimes lists 3/5

The only reason i'm going with 3/25 is because it's a Tuesday. 3/5 is a Wednesday.
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

So this means we finally get this film as a Lynch-supervised DVD? :D
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

:)

Post by marchug »

hot damn this is good news.

i saw this in the theaters twice and then tried watching it once on dvd. it looked so awful that i couldn't actually sit through it. it was mostly the dark parts (which is a huge part of the film).

i haven't seen it in so long! this is bloody good news.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Christian1989 wrote:So this means we finally get this film as a Lynch-supervised DVD? :D
Hopefully this is the transfer that was overseen by Lynch and John Neff quite a few years ago.
heathencomics

Post by heathencomics »

I can't wait! I love this movie. I've seen it several times at screenings in Los Angeles but have never been able to watch it at will. I know it's a minority opinion but Lost Highway is my favorite of Lynch's Identity oriented pictures though I loved the ballsyness of Inland Empire.
Gabriel Hardman

Check out my webcomic, THE CROOKED MAN on Zuda!

www.zudacomics.com/node/196
San Jose Shark

Post by San Jose Shark »

THANK GOD!! I can't tell you how many e mails i have sent to Universal to get this baby out! One of my all time fav films and now March can't come soon enough. Soon we will all have a beautiful anamorphic transfer on REGION 1. F that pathetic pan n scan Canadian version and my region 2 acts funny when i play it, it skips a half a second every 10 seconds or so and it drives me nuts! totally ruins it. I am sooooooooo happy!
GO SHARKS!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

twin-b
Roadhouse Member

Post by twin-b »

Jerry Horne wrote:
bmiller wrote:Yes, but what about the negative publicity fallout from the Robert Blake trial?? How will Universal Home Video deal with that ??
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I say release him and have FOX film his life as a reality show. I mean this is where all this reality crap is headed anyway.
He was acquitted of murder and is a free man. Was found liable in a civil trial though and ordered to pay $30M to her kids.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

twin-b wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
bmiller wrote:Yes, but what about the negative publicity fallout from the Robert Blake trial?? How will Universal Home Video deal with that ??
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I say release him and have FOX film his life as a reality show. I mean this is where all this reality crap is headed anyway.
He was acquitted of murder and is a free man. Was found liable in a civil trial though and ordered to pay $30M to her kids.
Oops. That should tell you how closely i was following things. :roll:

Seems if you have enough money you can kill anybody.
motoko
Roadhouse Member

lost highway

Post by motoko »

Anyone care to make a wager on how many different dvd covers there will be for this release? :roll: I swear; first IE, then the postcards, sometimes I feel like a real sucker!
San Jose Shark

Post by San Jose Shark »

All i can say is i'm really scared.
GO SHARKS!
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

Man, I've been waiting for this for years. No more VHS tapes to deal with in 2008. About time.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

But the R2 Special Edition is not available anymore.. wtf :?
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.