Zavvi Exclusive Steel Book Edition

Discussion of Mulholland Drive

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Zavvi Exclusive Steel Book Edition

Post by hopesfall »

Zavvi Exclusive Limited Edition Steelbook. Limited to 2000 Copies with Full Gloss.

Renowned and critically acclaimed director David Lynch (Blue Velvet) returns to his nightmarish form in this mind bending mystery thriller. Mulholland Drive tells the story of a woman who has just survived a car wreck and finds herself with a purse full of cash and, subsequent to the crash, has suffered amnesia. Meanwhile, while staying with her Aunt in hope of finding Hollywood fame, Ontario gal Betty Elms (Naomi Watts) arrives at her Aunt's house to find the car wreck victim. She offers her help and the two set out into the City Of Angels in order to find out the truth and come across a large combination of characters on their journey. Soon enough the two women find it hard to tell what is a dream and what is reality.

The Studio Canal Collection presents...
In Mulholland Drive, David Lynch takes the viewer on a memorable neo-noir trip through Hollywood's dark underbelly in a mystery that blurs the lines between fantasy and reality and features astonishing performances from Naomi Watts and Laura Elena Harring, Lynch dispenses with a conventional narrative in favour of an hallucinogenic assault on the senses that will stay with you long after the credits roll.

Special Features:

Introduction by Thierry Jousse
In the Blue Box
Making Of: On Mulholland Drive
Interviews with Mary Sweeney and Angelo Badalamenti
Angelo Badalamenti, audio interview, 10 years after

http://www.zavvi.com/blu-ray/mulholland ... 72215.html
I thought i'd treat myself to this. I'm not sure if those special features are exclusive to this set or not, but they certainly aren't on any copy I have of the film. I think the one I have just has biographies of the actors and a theatrical trailer. I just hope the blu-ray transfer is top notch.

Plus steelbooks are always quite nice to own anyway. :)

EDIT: Looks just the same as the older blu-ray release in terms of special features et al. I don't have that though, so hey ho...
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Re: Zavvi Exclusive Steel Book Edition

Post by bluefrank »

A must have for me, I've pre-ordered. Same with The Elephant Man too. I already have both on blu, but these are too good to pass up imo. I'm not big on steelbooks, but when my favs show up....it's an automatic buy.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

This arrived just the other day. I have to say it's a gorgeous looking box, a great addition to any collection.

I've been meaning to re-watch the film for quite a while, so this is a great excuse. Like i need one! :D
AllthewayfromEdmonds
RR Diner Member

Post by AllthewayfromEdmonds »

hopesfall wrote:This arrived just the other day. I have to say it's a gorgeous looking box, a great addition to any collection.

I've been meaning to re-watch the film for quite a while, so this is a great excuse. Like i need one! :D
Thanks for the headsup! Hopesfalls! Got one! Looks great! Can't have too many copies of MD.............10 plus and counting! Favourite Lynch film!

Congrats on Fatherhood. :D
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

I had a little window in my day yesterday (basically, my wife went out shopping!) so I decided to give this a whirl. It looks very impressive actually. I'm not a tech-head with these things, but for some reason I think it has more of an easy-on-the-eyes glow than my other copies. It also made me realise how much I really do love this film. I think it's climbed up to 2nd in my favourite Lynch films list, and easily in the top 5 of my favourite films, altogether.

It's not the thread to discuss it, plus I'm on my lunch break and don't really have the time to dive into it right now, but it's awoken my fascination with all the different threads and arcs that happen throughout. It makes more sense to me now than it ever has, probably to the point where I feel like I've seen the film for the last time where I finish it feeling somewhat frustrated and confused. I just think it's perfect the way it is. Perhaps it needed a little time to gestate in my head.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

AllthewayfromEdmonds wrote:
hopesfall wrote:This arrived just the other day. I have to say it's a gorgeous looking box, a great addition to any collection.

Thanks for the headsup! Hopesfalls! Got one! Looks great! Can't have too many copies of MD.............10 plus and counting! Favourite Lynch film!

Congrats on Fatherhood. :D
My apologies, I only just saw this! May thanks indeed! And yes, as I said it has gone right up in my favourites too. It's a film i will no doubt delve into a few more times at later dates, and hopefully enjoy all the more. It could easily be in the same universe as Twin Peaks; i get that similar vibe from it, especially in the Cowboy and Louise Bonner scenes ("Someone is in trouble. Something bad is happening!"). They could easily be lodge denizens or something! :lol: