Watched this for the first time last night...

Discussion of Mulholland Drive

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

trixieKitten

Watched this for the first time last night...

Post by trixieKitten »

... and will have to watch it again tonight despite feeling deeply disturbed and a bit dirty. It was a confusing experience for me, but mostly an 'enjoyable' confusing. I had to take my eyes away from the screen when I first saw the scary face man, and I started crying during the spanish song. But! I also laughed a lot and thought it was a visually beautiful, haunting film. I can't remember the last time I saw a movie that inflicted on me such a wide array of opposing emotions, when it ended I seriously thought I was going schizophrenic and I just went upstairs and passed out.
Fun times =)
bluefrank
Roadhouse Member

Re: Watched this for the first time last night...

Post by bluefrank »

Yes...a feeling I remember only too well, after having first view. Repeated viewings can only enrich your appreciation.
BOB1
RR Diner Member

Post by BOB1 »

I'd love to carry out an experiment: show this film to someone STARTING from the moment Diane wakes up all worn out, watch til the end, and then start all over again from the beginning... such a loop. I wonder if the structure of the film was all clear then. Cause it wasn't for me after I first watched it!
Bobi 1 Kenobi

B. Beware
O. Of
B. BOB
CeCe

Post by CeCe »

I was completely confused when I saw this movie the first time..
Now it is one of my favourites...
Harry, I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.