Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks actors who have passed on/Pilot details and cast

Post by Jerry Horne »

Thanks MM. Now this is where it gets tough. Does anyone know the actors names who played the following roles?

Police Officer - "Is their a Bobby Briggs in this classroom?"

Fred Truax

Engineer - "What the hell"

Doctor's Assistant - "I have to apologize again for the fluorescent lights. I ... I think its a bad transformer."

Bob - "Julie, the Norwegians are signing the contracts at four o'clock. When Mr. Horne returns, make sure that they do not hear about Laura Palmer's death. That will blow the whole deal, got it?"

Nurse - "Mrs. Horne it might help if you talk to Johnny yourself."
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Jerry Horne wrote:Thanks MM. Now this is where it gets tough. Does anyone know the actors names who played the following roles?

Fred Truax

Doctor's Assistant - "I have to apologize again for the fluorescent lights. I ... I think its a bad transformer."

Bob - "Julie, the Norwegians are signing the contracts at four o'clock. When Mr. Horne returns, make sure that they do not hear about Laura Palmer's death. That will blow the whole deal, got it?"

Jerry, I've searched some on the internet and come up empty. Are they on the DVD credits?
You would think they would be at least at the end of the episode especially since they were speaking parts.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Not on the credits, not on IMDB. As you said, odd as they are speaking parts. I'm wondering if anyone has access to documents that list all speaking parts and even extras. I think these guys deserve a little credit after all!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Fred Truax and Jim need some love, although their parts make Toad look like a major player like Agent Cooper or something! And the shaking hand woman that is in the RR and other scenes in numerous episodes.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Right! I mean a cult show like TP and we do not even know the names of actors who had speaking roles?
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

Jerry, I checked WIP, Full of Secrets, and Epilog. Still came up empty. The names of these MAJOR actors from the TP 'verse is a mystery we need to solve, but maybe only through actual TP Production documents.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Calvin Lockhart as the Electrician in FWWM also passed away a few years back.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:Calvin Lockhart as the Electrician in FWWM also passed away a few years back.
Thanks Dugpa. I often forget about FWWM when thinking about the TP universe.

So, is everyone still coming up empty on the names of these actors?

Fred Truax

I remember years ago, Jula Bell was selling her Art Dept. 'Bibles' (4 at $600- apiece mind you for just copies) Did anyone score any of these? How do we find out the names of these actors who had speaking roles? Even the nurse at the Palmer house with no dialog has a listing on IMDB!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member

Post by coolspringsj »

One of my life-long goals is to find out the actor who played Fred Truax. It bugs me how some speaking parts aren't even listed in any credits, yet some that don't speak are listed!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Jerry Horne wrote:
dugpa wrote:Calvin Lockhart as the Electrician in FWWM also passed away a few years back.
Thanks Dugpa. I often forget about FWWM when thinking about the TP universe.
This is an unfortunate ailment we must remedy. :lol:

Actually, only the keenest eyes could spot him in this film. Here is the only clip he is in:
calvin.jpg
calvin.jpg (28.23 KiB) Viewed 17075 times
Also, I believe he is the one that says "Electricty" as well with the closeup of his mouth. Probably better to use a pic from WAH if you decide to post it.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

coolspringsj wrote:One of my life-long goals is to find out the actor who played Fred Truax. It bugs me how some speaking parts aren't even listed in any credits, yet some that don't speak are listed!
From what I've been told, this is usually done by the Director when they have close friends/colleagues that play bit parts but still want to get them in the credits. As such was the case with Mike Malone in FWWM who played one of the FBI Agents busting the prostitutes as well as the Set Dresser.

As for your life long goal, give me a few weeks and I'll see what I can do. :P

-B
Magica

Post by Magica »

Jerry Horne wrote: So, is everyone still coming up empty on the names of these actors?

Fred Truax

I would add to that list the Norwegian translater who we see translating Ben's speech to Sven Jorgenson and the rest of the Norwegians. I always found him to be pretty funny. He speaks in Norwegian but it sounds somewhat strange. As if he's speaking it phonetically, so he can't have been a real Norwegian...
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Gee, you mean that "Lungesekkene har aldri følt så godt" is not a common Norwegian sentence? :lol:

I kinda like that their translator is completely inept. I think it's funny to imagine that they found some third generation immigrant from Seattle who'd only spoken Norwegian with his maternal grandmother once a year to be their interpreter on a multimillion-dollar real estate deal.

Then again, no Norwegian has ever worn a feather in their cap except when on holiday in the Alps, so Lynch and Frost didn't exactly nail the idea of Norwegian-ness. Same with Angelo's bizarre German-esque oompah music. I watched it with a bunch of people collectively going "huh?". The actor playing Sven (although obviously not a Norwegian-speaker) nailed the accent though, and to this day (after dozens of viewings) the line "what's the matter, young pretty girl?" completely cracks me up. The flat, yet singing intonation; the rolling R's - that's acting perfection.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Magica

Post by Magica »

Yeah, Arnie Stenseth who played Sven Jorgenson nailed the accent perfectly! It's one of my favorite bits from the pilot, although I guess you have to be Norwegian to truly appreciate it.

Btw, Stenseth is from South Dakota and is of Norwegian heritage. An online interview with him in Norwegian was just published here: http://www.kjendis.no/2008/09/03/545699.html

What a weird coincidence. But cool stuff!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Holy cow! Thanks Majica! Can anyone translate the interview? I would love to read it!