Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Forum Closing April 15th, 2022

Post by Jerry Horne »

Goodbye, all you people

There's nothing you can say to make me change my mind

Goodbye.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Wow, I also joined April 2007!

If I don’t get a chance to post again before tomorrow, thank you, everyone for all the fun and memories.

And always remember my dying words…. Annie and John Justice Wheeler are the worst.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
N. Needleman
Lodge Member

Post by N. Needleman »

I remember lurking on alt.tv.t-p when I was very young, and I remember Lynchnet.

I'll see you in my dreams (and on Tulpa). I hope to see all of you there, especially Audrey.
AnotherBlueRoseCase wrote:The Return is clearly guaranteed a future audience among stoners and other drug users.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Audrey Horne wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:30 am Wow, I also joined April 2007!
April 15, 2007 to be exact. Tomorrow is your 15 year anniversary, Audrey - the last day of the site. Very fitting for a member who has contributed so much.
Happy Anniversary in advance! :)
N. Needleman wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:30 am especially Audrey.
Yes, do come through the trees and the curtains and get lost in another part of the woods with us, AudreyHorne!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 9:19 am Goodbye, all you people

There's nothing you can say to make me change my mind

Goodbye.
Thank you for everything, Jerry. Back when I had just joined this site and was starting off collecting Twin Peaks memorabilia from back in the day, you were an invaluable help and assest. My collecting days drifted off though I still have a box or two of the good stuff left (Hallmark calender, collector cards, etc.).

I have very fond memories of posting on this site and collecting stuff and seeking your advice and resources - I had a look through some of my earliest posts and they're all about that stuff.

And thank you for being such a long-tenured and awesome moderator and contributor to this site and your respected and brilliant Twin Peaks Archive site (http://twinpeaksarchive.blogspot.com/ - with amazing interviews with cast members, even those in tiny parts!) and Twitter (@TwinPeaksArchve).

Will be glad to see you in that other part of the forest too.
Attachments
twin-peaks-bookhouse-boys-patch-785x785.jpg
twin-peaks-bookhouse-boys-patch-785x785.jpg (60.26 KiB) Viewed 43283 times
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I joined officially on 7 October 2014. That was the day after the season 3 announcement but I had been a lurker for years before that. I'm not much of a chatterbox, hence my low post count. But this place has felt like home for such a long time and I'm really sad to see it go. Thanks once more to all the mods and all the fantastic posters over the years. I hope you all migrate over to the new forum so I can continue to enjoy all your musings.

It's been an absolute blast.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I have joined on October 8th, 2020, so my anniversary is a day after yours, sneakydave :D
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

So many lovely posts--Brad's was like a mini Reflections--that I can't possibly compete with.

It's beautiful to see this place so active before the end. It's giving me the same odd bittersweet feeling as Harry staring at the grove the next morning and the gathering at the sheriff's station after the doppelganger was felled.

Bye to Dugpa, and I've just registered on Tulpa.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
marchug
RR Diner Member
Location: Where the birds sing a pretty song and there's always music in the air.

Post by marchug »

It's been a lovely 15 years!
Bye friends!
Bye Mordeen wherever you are!
Thanks again Dugpa.
-23-
Birds in Hell

Post by Birds in Hell »

Thanks to all, see you around.

I rarely posted, but read frequently.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 1:41 pm I have joined on October 8th, 2020, so my anniversary is a day after yours, sneakydave :D
And you have nearly the same post count as me despite being on here 6 years less than me.

I told you all I'm not much of a talker. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I've been here since April 19, 2007 so just four days short of 15 years today! This site connected me with so many amazing fans from all over the world and helped keep my love of Twin Peaks alive - from the days when TP was "dead as a doornail" through DVD/Blu Ray/TP Archive releases to the glory days of The Return and the neverending speculation of what comes next. And I couldn't be more grateful for it. Once again, my gratitude goes out to Dugpa, all the moderators, fellow posters, especially those now MIA like Mordeen and Arbogast, wherever they may be.

I'll see you in the trees...
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Quick suggestion to dugpa, since no one will be able to log in anymore to the archived forum, perhaps you could allow user profiles to be viewed without logging in? In case someone wants to find a particular post in their own or another user's history.
I'll see you in the trees
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Wait Audrey Horne talking about John Justice Wheeler made me remember we haven't heard from Mordeen.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Thank you for everything, Dugpa! I will really miss this place.