Twin Peaks Premiered on ABC 32 Years Ago Today

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Twin Peaks Premiered on ABC 32 Years Ago Today

Post by Jonah »

April 8, 1990. Where were you? Were you watching or did you catch up later?

This amazing artwork is from Elswyse https://www.deviantart.com/elswyse/art/ ... 73773676.I saw it posted by this user https://www.reddit.com/user/FreshNews247/ on reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... al_horror/
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Twin Peaks Premiered on ABC 32 Years Ago Today

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 6:00 am April 8, 1990. Where were you? Were you watching or did you catch up later?
On that day, I was still a few months away from being born :)

I got into David Lynch in late 2009, watched all of his films except Fire Walk with Me in two or three weeks, and then in the first half of 2010 I found my new favourite series.

However, I only became obsessed and started thinking about Twin Peaks on a daily basis in 2017, during The Return.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I'm in the UK so I'm sure it was October we got it.

But yeah, I was 12 and it exploded my tiny little brain when I saw it. I still meet up with friends from school who say "do you still watch that Twin Peaks"?

Man, I must have been insufferable.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Wasn't born just yet. I suppose I must've been watching from the great ocean of pure consciousness or whatever..
I'll see you in the trees
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I too wasn’t born.
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

sneakydave wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:31 am I'm in the UK so I'm sure it was October we got it.

But yeah, I was 12 and it exploded my tiny little brain when I saw it. I still meet up with friends from school who say "do you still watch that Twin Peaks"?

This is relatable on every point, except for me being a little younger when it came out. It's often the first thing brought up when I haven't seen people in ages. :lol:
Henrys Hair
RR Diner Member

Post by Henrys Hair »

sneakydave wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 12:31 am I'm in the UK so I'm sure it was October we got it.

Same here! I also managed to miss a couple of the early episodes, so with no way to catch up back then (no-one I knew had taped it) I kept badgering my friends who'd seen those episodes to fill me in on what had happened. Last year I met up with some schoolfriends I hadn't seen in decades and they asked if I was still a fan. They didn't know there had a been a new season unfortunately.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I was 10 going on 11 (the show premiered in my country in the spring of 1991, about a year behind the US airing). Raised my head from the comic book I was reading as mom tuned into the pilot of this strange new show on TV that had such a wonderful, mesmerizing opening credits. Hooked from there on. Thinking what I was processing when witnessing the original run at that young age is mindblowing to me now!..
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

I was watching. I was only 13, and my only exposure to Lynch had been from watching *Elephant Man* several times as a kid (though I wasn't familiar with his name or other work). The tantalizing commercials for the show made me very interested to watch it, as did a review in the local paper that said the show was so good it didn't even feel like TV. During the first and second seasons I rented his other work.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!