Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

vancurenw
Roadhouse Member

Re: Twin Peaks: From Z To A 12/10 & The Television Collection 10/15 Blu-Ray & DVD Sets

Post by vancurenw »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 2:12 pm
IcedOver wrote:Quick question though I think I already know the answer. This set does not have any new remasters of the original series, it's the exact same transfer used in 2014, correct? The only differences I can tell are the UHD disc (which is unusable for me) and a few extra special features. I have the 2014 and S3 sets so am on the fence about buying this. It looks like I waited too long anyway because even though I looked last week and it was $100-$125 or so, this week it's over $200. It feels like it isn't worth it.
It’s the exact same discs as The Entire Mystery and A Limited Event Series sets, repackaged. There are two additional discs of new special features (all BTS footage from TR) and the 4K disc. Otherwise, one and the same.
For anyone else curious about the "sameness" of the two sets' discs: I removed one of the Z to A discs (in season 2) and replaced it with the same The Entire Mystery disc, and my player picked up the episode I was watching at the exact same time. They really are the exact same discs!