Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

BGate wrote:not to be a jerk but he's an artist, which means he puts his concerns, fears, ideas, passions etc (i.e. things he thinks about all of the time ) into his work. like I'm pretty sure he talked about coffee and trees a lot in the intervening 25 years between 1992 and 2017.
If he was talking about coffee during 92-2017 it was to promote his own brand of filter coffee, or in relation to Twin Peaks. He has been interviewed for books about his life and mentioned growing up around forests and being in them. As I presume you know.

In the promotion of any of his films post-FWWM he's never mentioned coffee or trees - the Mulholland Drive interview and promo trail didn't feature Lynch waxing lyrical about coffee at any point. Although we do get some good scenes of coffee in the film.

Lynch talking just recently about the best type of cherry pie and the experience of eating it did seem telling and curious.

So I would take it all as clues.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

BGate wrote:not to be a jerk but he's an artist, which means he puts his concerns, fears, ideas, passions etc (i.e. things he thinks about all of the time ) into his work. like I'm pretty sure he talked about coffee and trees a lot in the intervening 25 years between 1992 and 2017.
I don't think you're a jerk. I'm just pointing out the very specific references to Twin Peaks that Lynch has made from December on. Including "Donna", "Cherry Pie", "Sleep Walk", "My Prayer" etc.

I mean we're all just having fun with this right?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
FormicaTable
Roadhouse Member

Post by FormicaTable »

Kimmy Robertson has commented. Hmmm indeed:

https://twitter.com/okimmyrobertson/sta ... 56128?s=21
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:
I don't think you're a jerk. I'm just pointing out the very specific references to Twin Peaks that Lynch has made from December on. Including "Donna", "Cherry Pie", "Sleep Walk", "My Prayer" etc.

I think the songs may also just be an instance of Lynch being a creature of habit and favoring the same songs throughout his life and work. He’s also referenced songs from his other films, like “Be Bop a Lula” (Wild at Heart) and “Song to the Siren” (intended for Blue Velvet, eventually used in Lost Highway). But like you said, we’re just having fun! Out of all of them, the cherry pie one struck me as pretty specific to TP (not something he’s really ever talked about or focused on in other films). But he did also put his own unique twist on that one to make a very specific point that didn’t relate directly to TP (that he enjoys cold leftover cherry pie). So who knows!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

I think the songs may also just be an instance of Lynch being a creature of habit and favoring the same songs throughout his life and work. He’s also referenced songs from his other films, like “Be Bop a Lula” (Wild at Heart) and “Song to the Siren” (intended for Blue Velvet, eventually used in Lost Highway). But like you said, we’re just having fun! Out of all of them, the cherry pie one struck me as pretty specific to TP (not something he’s really ever talked about or focused on in other films). But he did also put his own unique twist on that one to make a very specific point that didn’t relate directly to TP (that he enjoys cold leftover cherry pie). So who knows!
So I was overthinking it when I thought that the "...not the day it was baked" referred to the original announcement that had to be scrapped due to Covid, and "but the day after, when you get a slice of cherry pie out of the refrigerator" refers to the same delayed announcement we are getting tomorrow? ;)
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Mr. Reindeer wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:

So I was overthinking it when I thought that the "...not the day it was baked" referred to the original announcement that had to be scrapped due to Covid, and "but the day after, when you get a slice of cherry pie out of the refrigerator" refers to the same delayed announcement we are getting tomorrow? ;)
Haha I like it! Here’s hoping!
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Cor, it's nice to have some news and movement, again.

I agree with the prediction that we'll be even more confused tomorrow :D
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

Looking at this thread for the last year has given me hope. This is some beautiful anticipation! Just getting a head start on being one of those lurkers who comes out of the woodwork when something happens, haha!
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

I have a feeling that from tomorrow there won’t be any new videos on the channel since he would be busy and he might be announcing his break from the channel
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

After 200 pages, I also have a feeling that today we might get an answer to this threads question “Season 4 or is it all over after this?”. I hope after today maybe in the future we have a thread called Season 5 or is it all over after this? :lol:
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

0FF6549D-528B-410A-A7D8-16B5A9E0D307.jpeg
0FF6549D-528B-410A-A7D8-16B5A9E0D307.jpeg (116.58 KiB) Viewed 5206 times
Kimmy added this a few hours ago. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check, but it’s getting harder and harder. I think I’m committed to just believing for now, and I can just deal with any potential disappointment later.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

I just think it's silly to set yourself up to be disappointed by "David Lynch is being given a bunch of money to make an entirely new, original series/film."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

I'm actually starting to think that the announcement will just be something minor, and nothing related to the new series at all.
JordinGoff
Roadhouse Member

Post by JordinGoff »

BGate wrote:I just think it's silly to set yourself up to be disappointed by "David Lynch is being given a bunch of money to make an entirely new, original series/film."
That’s totally fair. I think it’s half a stupid concern that the announcement won’t be about that either (even with the legitimacy of the sources the ‘fact’ that a new film or series is happening probably won’t feel real until I hear it from Netflix or Lynch himself) and half that the world and cosmology of Peaks is so important and sacred to me. He’s never let me down though, so I’ll be in total fanboy mode either way, and new is great!

Even if it ended up being Peaks, it will surely be something new and different again anyway.

Thanks for the perspective. I still have 3 seasons and a movie that are infinitely rich and rewatchable so I can’t complain.
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

BGate wrote:I just think it's silly to set yourself up to be disappointed by "David Lynch is being given a bunch of money to make an entirely new, original series/film."
Disappointed? Ha!
Maybe I'm in the minority here, but personally, as excited as I'd be for more Twin Peaks, I think I'd be even more excited for an entirely new series/film project.
I'll see you in the trees