Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:43 pm, edited 5 times in total.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Soolsma wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:39 pm
If I'd have to guess this pertains to some info that is widely regarded as true by the community. Possibly some of the PW tidbits, the reddit rumor, or others. Tweets and such are so obviously swarming with red herring (sorry to the believers out there) that it's not even worth mentioning them as such.
From FateColossal comes the "Unrecorded Night" copyright information, as well as Mark Frost stepping down from Twin Peaks productions. I do believe those things were verified by several people on these boards. I haven't checked myself though.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 21.40.02.png
Screenshot 2021-06-12 at 21.40.02.png (992.6 KiB) Viewed 3765 times
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

underthefan wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 1:54 pm I don't know, I guess it could be interpreted two ways. That all the supposed hints are misinformation or maybe that the denials (like Sabrina's yesterday) are misinformation. Depends how you take it.

Well, what I meant was that Mordeen has been pretty clear before by declaring the over analysis of Wisteria tweets as pareidolia, seems obvious, and he wouldn't go out of his way declaring a red herring about any of that specifically.

Fatecolossal just gathers info he gets elsewhere.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Is Deming still in New York?
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

thedougpa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 pm
enumbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 pm Glad so many people enjoy Mordeen’s posts. I do find it rather baffling what people actually see as fun or intriguing about them however. If I had insider information I’d probably either keep it to myself or just reveal things I felt comfortable with e.g “I don’t want to get my source into trouble, but I will say expect an announcement in a few months, and expect the return of a few faces from the original series who weren’t in season 3 along with a location not seen since the pilot”.

I don’t feel entitled to any information whatsoever, but when someone claims to have some and then keeps on saying nothing in the most self-conciously cryptic way possible then it just feels like an ego thing to me. Have any of the posts (aside from the ones grandly dismissing Trent Reznor’s work on the basis of a few songs from the nineties) amounted to more than “I know something you don’t know”?
Just wondering, were you here for the original spoiler thread? We all appreciate Mordeen around here for pretty good reason.
What reason is that?

I think Mordeen's posts are great. At this point nobody can say they know everything, 100 percent. But its good to see positivity here from someone like Mordeen.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea how to weigh in on any of this only to say I can appreciate more than one point of view here and also that I took the red herring comment maybe more, as under the fan suggested, as being about the denials - or a bit of both like histeria said.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
David Lich
Roadhouse Member

Post by David Lich »

im all for an all new series, original series that is... BUT,... since Mordeen's clues are all TP-Related, it seems to indicate that is indeed some sort of TP Related project... but... who knows? (not me)
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 2:58 pm
thedougpa wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:48 pm
enumbs wrote: Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:37 pm Glad so many people enjoy Mordeen’s posts. I do find it rather baffling what people actually see as fun or intriguing about them however. If I had insider information I’d probably either keep it to myself or just reveal things I felt comfortable with e.g “I don’t want to get my source into trouble, but I will say expect an announcement in a few months, and expect the return of a few faces from the original series who weren’t in season 3 along with a location not seen since the pilot”.

I don’t feel entitled to any information whatsoever, but when someone claims to have some and then keeps on saying nothing in the most self-conciously cryptic way possible then it just feels like an ego thing to me. Have any of the posts (aside from the ones grandly dismissing Trent Reznor’s work on the basis of a few songs from the nineties) amounted to more than “I know something you don’t know”?
Just wondering, were you here for the original spoiler thread? We all appreciate Mordeen around here for pretty good reason.
What reason is that?
No reason at all.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtl
RR Diner Member

Post by mtl »

Case files
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Meanwool, the whereabouts and fate of Mr. Strawberry have been identified.
tptr_ms_2021.jpg
tptr_ms_2021.jpg (364.21 KiB) Viewed 3686 times
- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I guess we should have looked closer to home for the misdirection in order to find the direction all along.

But People of Colour doesn't seem to be the modus operandi. So I'm stumped on that one.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

If it were possible, I think Lynch would film the entire project without any announcement. I wonder if he and Netflix could actually pull that off?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Maybe they’re already pulling it off.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Without an official announcement, possibly. But they certainly couldn't keep it completely under wraps. Lynch is just too cult for that.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
boske
Great Northern Member

Post by boske »

Rudagger wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 4:36 am Bit surprised to see the NIN kick-back. I thought that some of the songs felt .. not throwaway, because I loved the majority of them, but, most of them served purely as a 'here's a little denouement into the credits for some semblance of episodic structure'. But, the NIN's one felt hand-in-glove with the tone of that episode. I *loved* Reznor's kind of demonic laughter, and just how grimey the song was (evoked The Pink Room for me). It's telling that it's one of the few that is slotted into the middle of the episode rather than near the end. And I say that as someone who doesn't really listen to NIN.

But, on that note: yes, him and Atticus Ross are some of the best composers working out there today. From their work with Fincher to something like Soul? They have a wonderful restraint about their music. I'd just say, in a hypothetical world where Season 4 or a related spin-off came out and it was announced they were doing the score? I wouldn't feel bad about it at all. Especially given that Part 18 makes me think that Twin Peaks (if there is anymore) is in a vibe way divorced from Badalamenti's more iconic TP sounds than even Season 3 was (though, you do of course have Dark Space Low which is one of the most soul-sinking heart-crushing sounds out there). Not saying Badalementi couldn't do it or anything, he's obviously talented. But, I think of Richard in Judy's Diner and the imagery of that episode, and, shit, yeah, I could see a Reznor/Ross score. But this is all super hypothetical anyway.

Anyway, god, this waiting hurts. Just tell me what's happening so I can prepare myself for more Peaks or something new entirely.
Apropos "Dark Space Low", and I apologise for temporarily wearing off the topic here, there is a four-piece set named Cryosleep that is included in "Psychonaviation 5" album by Pete Namlook and Bill Laswell. "Cryosleep Part 1 - Preparation" sounds very close to "Dark Space Low", before the former further develops as it extends in the subsequent three pieces. The album was released in 2002, and who knows, maybe it served as an inspiration for "Dark Space Low". If so then the titles of the songs on it could be hinting at sleep/dream states that Cooper may be inhibiting. The very song I am referring to starts at 7:22 mark (BBCode seemingly does not let one start a YT video from a particular time stamp).