Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Seems as though our Special Agent is in Australia with dyed hair

https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 56032?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

How did he get in? Our borders are shut.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

What's the Linus reference?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:24 pm What's the Linus reference?
https://twitter.com/kyle_maclachlan/sta ... 86337?s=21

Think he just answered you!
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

baxter wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 4:20 pm How did he get in? Our borders are shut.
He quarantined for two weeks in some Sydney hotel or apartment. Chronicled on his Insta via daily self-recorded video diaries.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Thanks Dougie.

I've heard of Peanuts ofc - but not familiar enough with it to pick up on the Linus reference. I've since googled a bit and found some photos of Linus in a pumpkin patch, which has also brought me up to speed!

I wonder why Kyle has dyed his hair. Must have a role to shoot as soon as he gets back to the States ... or just feels like a change. Even if it is a role, it's likely not TP, but it is interesting as many of us had been wondering at one point when/if he might dye his hair again. Alas, I do not think this is indicative of anything as I'm sure he has many projects coming up, but as always I guess we'll see.

You know, in general, I also wonder if Lynch would want him to dye his hair even if he wasn't playing Coop in another Lynch project? Something tells me Lynch might prefer "Kale" with dark hair much as he preferred Coop in suits. Just a feeling I get.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 am
I wonder why Kyle has dyed his hair. Must have a role to shoot as soon as he gets back to the States ... or just feels like a change.

May be for flashback sequences in his Tiger King role
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:37 am
Jonah wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:31 am
I wonder why Kyle has dyed his hair. Must have a role to shoot as soon as he gets back to the States ... or just feels like a change.

May be for flashback sequences in his Tiger King role
Yes, could be - but is he done shooting that and now quarantining to return to the States?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Both pictures together! 8)
Attachments
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-9z2F8ZaKEPy.jpg
imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-9z2F8ZaKEPy.jpg (242.61 KiB) Viewed 2937 times
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

I think everyone here can relate to poor Linus’s torment waiting for the Great Pumpkin to appear :wink:
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

As things have been quiet lately I’ve been thinking about what could happen next. COVID barring if there is a Twin Peaks Fest for 2022 there’s definitely gonna be questions about a Season 4 or Wisteria. Also if Lynch shops Wisteria or Unrecorded Night around I think we’ll find out about it sooner than later.

Looking at how much money CBS is throwing at South Park and a bunch of other shows to make content for Paramount Plus it really wouldn’t be surprising if Twin Peaks became an exclusive for that. Considering how Season 3 supposedly pulled in record number of subscribers for Showtime’s streaming service I think at this point there can definitely be something on the table for a Season 4 if Lynch/Frost want to do it. Frost saying last year how it was too early to say anything sums it up for me at least. We just have to wait and see.
"Jade give two rides."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I think the 516 pages of this thread shows by now that most of us are utterly incapable to just ''wait and see'' :lol:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

We clearly can't wait and we seemingly won't see.

But that's precisely what we're doing anyway. They call this Lynch's Razor.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

And they call this... something

https://instagram.com/stories/kyle_macl ... hare_sheet
Screenshot_20211103-141613_One UI Home.jpg
Screenshot_20211103-141613_One UI Home.jpg (82.33 KiB) Viewed 2648 times
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hmm. That is ... certainly interesting.

There was also this ICYMI:
https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 7816165381

I don't know what to think tbh. I don't want to board the Speculation Train again - and I note that 1. Kyle tends to post about TP a lot in general and 2. he previously posted the #Wisteria thing along with a few others on Twitter, then later walked it back - but I will say between Sabrina's post that Lynch is "thinking about 2022" AND Kyle dyeing his hair AND now this post about the weather in TP and showers of mystery... We've gotten our hopes dashed before, though, so let's see. I'm still dubious - but I like to see those kinds of posts all the same.