Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Jonah »

General note not aimed at anyone in particular (I am not getting involved in any drama) - You can also hide posts from people you don't want to see by visiting their profile page and clicking "add foe". That way you no longer see their posts. Usually I just ignore any posts I don't like. Remember - you don't have to engage with every post.
Last edited by Jonah on Fri May 14, 2021 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:54 am
pft, Agent Earle is cool !! Grounded, realistic, and down to the earth at all times. I always really appreciate reading Agent Earle's criticisms, skepticism, and perspective, even when I don't totally agree.
All I will say on this matter today is, let's not take votes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:07 am General note not aimed at anyone in particular (I am NOT getting involved in any drama) - You can also hide posts from people you don't want to see by visiting their profile page and clicking "add foe". That way you no longer see their posts.
That terminology cracks me up. It couldn’t just be “mute user” or something? I love it.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I've been very skeptical here in the past, and we can all lose our temper a bit time to time. the Elle magazine interview quotes from Laura Dern are very leading, I would say - it is heavily hinted the 'summer project with friends' is the Lynch project, but I'm hesitant to use the word "confirmation" like I have seen some folks use.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:05 am
I think Lynch intended Philip Jeffries' design to be an industrial machine, I saw him dismayed in an interview somewhere that people thought it was a teapot.
Apropos of absolutely nothing, there’s a great moment in the behind the scenes where Lynch is carving one of the components of the Jeffries machine from styrofoam, and realizes he’s inadvertently made a dildo.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:26 am
I think Lynch intended Philip Jeffries' design to be an industrial machine, I saw him dismayed in an interview somewhere that people thought it was a teapot.
Apropos of absolutely nothing, there’s a great moment in the behind the scenes where Lynch is carving one of the components of the Jeffries machine from styrofoam, and realizes he’s inadvertently made a dildo.
yeah I think Ruth threw it back at him when he said that.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer, I agree - "add foe" is a bit iffy but I think it's meant to be in jest. "Mute user" would probably be more diplomatic, though less fun!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:27 am
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:26 am
yeah I think Ruth threw it back at him when he said that.
Yeah and he gets really protective of it and says they can’t damage it because it’s “part of the thing,” heh.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

“I sculpted that part of the machine that has that tea kettle spout thing,” David Lynch tells Pitchfork, “but I wish I’d just made it straight, because everybody thinks it’s a tea kettle. It’s just a machine.”
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I was trying to stay away from speculation until we hear more but this seems to be the only thread to kind of talk generally in as well.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Heh, been away today and I see I've been the subject of some controversy in the meantime :) Thanks to those of you who made kind remarks about me, it's always great to come here and delve into your thoughts on our common subject, even though I remain in the "negative" camp when it comes to The Return (I may be the last of the Profoundly Disappointed ones on this forum, which says something about my TP obssession, I suppose). I realize some of my posts may have come across as harsh to some of you in the past, but I honestly meant no harm with them; some of you might have felt offended back when I commented on Lynch's appearance, and I realize how that might be taken as distasteful, so I'll refrain from such comments in the future. Hey, if it were up to me, I'd vote for the guy's immortality in a second!

Pay no attention to NormoftheAndes' posts; he seems to have it in for me for some strange, woolly reason known only to him. But he clearly knows more about the supposedly upcoming production than the majority of us here do (he said as much in his last post), so I kindly invite him to share his secrets with us, at least in PMs, and halt this friggin' waiting game.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Dern seems pretty excited in the quotes. still cant underestimate covid in all this.

Bill Maher was vaccinated, got covid, and now HBO shutting his show down again I was just reading, as they were trying to bring back live audiences and guests again. crazy times.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Surprised he didn't get cancelled completely by that racist comment he made a while back - it was very offensive imo and others have gotten cancelled for less, not that I'm a fan of cancel culture in general. Anyway, that's all I'll say about that!
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Yeah, He's got way more than nine lives that guy.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:59 am Heh, been away today and I see I've been the subject of some controversy in the meantime :) Thanks to those of you who made kind remarks about me, it's always great to come here and delve into your thoughts on our common subject, even though I remain in the "negative" camp when it comes to The Return (I may be the last of the Profoundly Disappointed ones on this forum, which says something about my TP obssession, I suppose).
Or perhaps it says something about your level-headedness. Either way, I'm always up for a little Agent Earle to spruce up my day.