Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I don't think you have to worry eyeboogers - David Lynch has been really into TV as a 'Continuing Story' for a long time now, even in that recent you tube interview with the high school kid, he brought up those two words.

I can see maybe episodes that are from different story threads (ie. Ronnie Rocket has the parallel Detective in the city and Ronnie threads) that could be anthology esque, but I'm sure it'll all be the same world. I really doubt self contained Hotel Room style.

Though for the record, I love Hotel Room, I think Tricks is really interesting and engaging storytelling. I feel like if HBO let it continue, it woulda evolved into a thing where they were connected.
Last edited by JackwithOneEye on Sun May 16, 2021 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I just LOVE anthologies! Be they in a TV (like Tales from the Crypt, Masters of Horror etc.) or a movie format (like Creepshow, Altman's Short Cuts etc.). I consider Fargo the TV show, for instance, an anthology show, with each "episode" lasting for one season. Anyway, If that's the case with this supposed new project, I'd be very content.
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

Speaking of anthologies, for some reason I can't see David Lynch doing something with such a standard format ("Hotel Room" aside) after The Return, or if he does, I don't think it would feel like an anthology show. I wouldn't mind one, though. If anything, I think it might be just like the last season but more extreme - some bits of Twin Peaks, lots of other interconnected and separate strands. The Return itself was almost an anthology show for want of a better term, in that it had a lot of other little stories and settings, some connected, some more loosely associated, with occasional set pieces in the town of Twin Peaks itself. I imagine a further continuation of the series might be like that, exploring new worlds and universes, or wherever Richard and Carrie are, dreamscapes, reality, hyper-reality, etc.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun May 16, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 5 times in total.
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:47 pm
JackwithOneEye wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:17 pm I don't think you have to worry Jonah.
I hadn't posted in a bit, did you mean someone else?

Speaking of anthologies, though, for some reason I can't see David Lynch doing something with such a standard format ("Hotel Room" aside) after The Return, or if he does, I don't think it would feel like an anthology show. I wouldn't mind one, though. If anything, I think it might be just like the last season but more extreme - some bits of Twin Peaks, lots of other interconnected and separate strands. The Return itself was almost an anthology show for want of a better term, in that it had a lot of other little stories and settings, some connected, some more loosely associated, with occasional set pieces in the town of Twin Peaks itself. I imagine a further continuation of the series might be like that, exploring new worlds and universes, or wherever Richard and Carrie are, dreamscapes, reality, hyper-reality, etc.
I wish I had the energy to reconstruct The Return into a set of self-contained anthology films.

Not to show anyone or "fix" anything. I'm just really curious to see how they'd come across that way. Feels like a valuable exercise in the study of screenwriting and filmmaking given how unique The Return is in the narrative sense.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

anthology would have been an interesting format for the Return, a whole episode focusing on Bobby Briggs' perspective etc.
Ickles
Roadhouse Member

Post by Ickles »

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Interesting
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ickles wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm Image
It's a very striking photo, so she honestly could have just posted it for that, or she could simply be screwing around, knowing that the word is currently charged in Lynch-land. Of course what I'd like it to be is a coy (and very aesthetic) hint that she's actually involved in a Lynch project, but I don't put too much stock in things being what I'd like them to be.

My optimism levels:

Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Hmm. Kyle also tweeted something about going back in time, with a clip from an old Japanese commercial, set to a seemingly-random Japanese song about cherry blossoms (or bonbons?)

Coincidence, of course.

https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 86081?s=19
lyrics wrote:To grandma as a child
子供の頃おばあちゃんに

Sometimes he gave me a begging
ねだるとたまにくれた

I'm staying up late
夜更かししてるのと

Hey as exciting
同じくらいドキドキねえ

I became an adult
大人になったのは

I'm not mistaken
勘違いじゃないけど

I do remember
たしかに覚えてる

It tastes the same as those days
あの頃と同じ味ね

Cherry cherry cherry cherry bonbon
チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

My Cherry Cherry Cherry Cherry Bonbon
マイチェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

My Cherry Cherry Cherry Cherry Bonbon
マイチェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

Cherry bonbon
チェリー ボンボン

The songs I listened to when I was a kid
子供の頃聴いた曲も

Now in a different way
今なら違う風に

I wonder if you can hear it
聴こえるのかななんて

Dust-covered players
ほこりのかぶったプレイヤーは

Become a time machine
タイムマシンになって

Regain your feelings
気持ちを取り戻すの

I do remember
たしかに覚えてる

It tastes the same as those days
あの頃と同じ味ね

Riding on a time machine
タイムマシンに乗って

The feelings of those days
あの頃の気持ちを

Dreams of those days
あの頃の夢を

Remember cherry bonbon
思い出して チェリーボンボン
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

It is starting to feel like there are perhaps more wisteria-related (flower) posts from TP-associated people than one would expect if everything was just coincidental and innocently unrelated to the production rumors.

OTOH, tapping into the rumor buzz, even deliberately, doesn’t necessarily mean the post-makers are involved with the production.

And OTOOH, Sherilyn posts quite a lot to social media. So this is less significant than it would be if she only posted every once in a while. If one post about wisteria appears when there are a total of only a few recent posts, that’s more likely to be noncoincidetal—but the actual fact of the matter is that one post has appeared about wisteria out of many dozens of recent posts from Sherilyn.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I don’t read anymore into the cast members’ wisteria posts than I would read into any other TP fan feeding into the hype.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Not sure she cares that much tbh. There was an awkward question at the London TP fest when she was asked how she felt about The Return and stumbled into admitting she hadn't watched it because of "issues with Showtime on her TV."

So I wouldn't consider her posting something as equivalent to a lay fan doing the same.

Edit: fixed typo "he" to "she".
Last edited by Histeria on Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:25 am Not sure she cares that much tbh. There was an awkward question at the London TP fest when she was asked how she felt about The Return and stumbled into admitting he hadn't watched it because of "issues with Showtime on her TV."

So I wouldn't consider her posting something as equivalent to a lay fan doing the same.
She certainly posted a lot about TR before she was officially cast (complaining that Kyle was getting paid more than she was offered, etc.). I could see her just drumming up hype for a new Lynch product in the hopes that he’ll cast her. But you may be right.
Histeria
RR Diner Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah, good point. Could swing either way on the Sherilyn Fenn front.

No Weather Report yet. It was an average 10-15 minutes later than usual in the last two weeks. Now it's ten minutes past even that figure.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

she could be chasing likes/ follows on social media from fans, knowing wisteria is working title or whatever.

i have a neighbor down the street, who I dont think has much interest in Lynch, Peaks, art films, posted two pics on instagram of the wisteria in his yard two days in a row last week, saying he having a wisterical time. people love plants/ flowers/ gardening / spring time.