Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

As I said earlier, there seems to be a flurry of coincidentally timed and accidentally implied references whenever the rumour cycle compeltely dies down for a week or two.

If we just ignore it long enough then we'd possibly get the whole series uploaded onto P+/Showtime/Netflix by NYD :mrgreen:
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

Yeah, I see that but I think things have been quieter for a lot longer this time. I mean, I know Sabrina has continued to post but I mostly didn't read into most of hers. It is interesting that Kyle is now joining in (first time since the #Wisteria post many months ago - I mean, he posts about TP a lot, but this is the first one since then that could be construed as a tease imo). However, before we get too excited, is there anything else his post could be referring to? Any notable dates? Is he in Snoqualmie visiting friends, etc? Did one of his team post it?

Edit - He posted a screenshot of IMDB. Are those episodes going to air on IMDB TV or is there a new blog post or something else he's referring to?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Jonah wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:38 am Yeah, I see that but I think things have been quieter for a lot longer this time. I mean, I know Sabrina has continued to post but I mostly didn't read into most of hers. It is interesting that Kyle is now joining in (first time since the #Wisteria post many months ago - I mean, he posts about TP a lot, but this is the first one since then that could be construed as a tease imo). However, before we get too excited, is there anything else his post could be referring to? Any notable dates? Is he in Snoqualmie visiting friends, etc? Did one of his team post it?
There are a lot more than that from Kyle. "Time will tell" on how Annie is causing the biggest stir at the time.

But this latest one is no different different any of the others so it means either everything or nothing and we can't tell which. So best assume nothing, I guess.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I agree. Oh, I remember the Annie comment, I just thought the Wisteria one was the last one? What stood out more to me was that he walked it back - though of course, had the project been ramping up then cancelled or delayed, that could explain that. Also, even if there is something afoot, a lot of times people can't say anything more or hint too strongly due to secrecy in contracts/legal stuff, etc.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Jonah wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:21 am Hmm. That is ... certainly interesting.

There was also this ICYMI:
https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 7816165381

I don't know what to think tbh. I don't want to board the Speculation Train again - and I note that 1. Kyle tends to post about TP a lot in general and 2. he previously posted the #Wisteria thing along with a few others on Twitter, then later walked it back - but I will say between Sabrina's post that Lynch is "thinking about 2022" AND Kyle dyeing his hair AND now this post about the weather in TP and showers of mystery... We've gotten our hopes dashed before, though, so let's see. I'm still dubious - but I like to see those kinds of posts all the same.
The Fatecolssal thing isn't from Lynch directly. It was Sabrina simply re-posting a meme created by somebody else (https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8474413059). The OP re-purposed the clip of David on set with the "Thinking about 2022" caption so not sure there's much there besides Sabrina re-posting a goofy meme.

Also, the Kyle thing it seems like he's just riffing/having fun with the "Series Heat" chart thing he's referencing in his post. Seems like more of a Dad joke about weather to me but I'm more inclined to not make much of social media stuff in general so forgive the skepticism.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I saw the larger part of his IG post that Histeria shared first - before I saw the IMDB reference. I didn't even notice that part initially. Then I saw the FC post and remembered Kyle dyeing his hair. Just shows how quickly glancing at a few possibly suggestive posts can build into speculation. I was keeping it in check but only because we've had so many dashed hopes up until now - but, yeah, it just goes to show how easy it is to see a couple of things and think more might be coming. Then again, that's probably why we have 500+ pages on here. Although, to be fair, some people have been heavily hinting at things here and there for a few years now so it's sometimes hard to tell!
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

The first reply under Kyle’s tweet about TP today is about Season 4. I think that’s why the next fan fest might be our next bit of solid information because so many people are going to be asking. Would be funny if all these little coincidences actually lined up to something. Out of everything kyle dying his hair is the one that I’m thinking about the most (putting my tinfoil hat down now)
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:24 pm The first reply under Kyle’s tweet about TP today is about Season 4. I think that’s why the next fan fest might be our next bit of solid information because so many people are going to be asking. Would be funny if all these little coincidences actually lined up to something. Out of everything kyle dying his hair is the one that I’m thinking about the most (putting my tinfoil hat down now)
I admit Kyle dyeing his hair is notable. However, he could have dyed it for any role. Sounds like whatever he dyed it for is either related to what he was shooting in Australia (a flashback scene?) or he's got a role as soon as he gets back to the States. But, you know, maybe he just dyeed it for himself because he felt like a change. It's probably for a role, though, just not necessarily the one we want it to be.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Ickles wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:20 am
Jonah wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:21 am Hmm. That is ... certainly interesting.

There was also this ICYMI:
https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 7816165381

I don't know what to think tbh. I don't want to board the Speculation Train again - and I note that 1. Kyle tends to post about TP a lot in general and 2. he previously posted the #Wisteria thing along with a few others on Twitter, then later walked it back - but I will say between Sabrina's post that Lynch is "thinking about 2022" AND Kyle dyeing his hair AND now this post about the weather in TP and showers of mystery... We've gotten our hopes dashed before, though, so let's see. I'm still dubious - but I like to see those kinds of posts all the same.
The Fatecolssal thing isn't from Lynch directly. It was Sabrina simply re-posting a meme created by somebody else (https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8474413059). The OP re-purposed the clip of David on set with the "Thinking about 2022" caption so not sure there's much there besides Sabrina re-posting a goofy meme.

Also, the Kyle thing it seems like he's just riffing/having fun with the "Series Heat" chart thing he's referencing in his post. Seems like more of a Dad joke about weather to me but I'm more inclined to not make much of social media stuff in general so forgive the skepticism.
Yeah, the tweet is just a joke based on the way the rating colour codes look a bit like a weather report.

Kyle MacLachlan himself almost certainly had no involvement in actually tweeting it either lol.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

He does post a lot of TP stuff, I know, but it seems kinda random. And, yeah, one of his team might have posted it. I didn't catch that part when I first saw Histeria's post. Seeing just the message that Kyle (or TeamKyle) wrote out of context, all about a Twin Peaks forecast being good and strange mysteries coming your way, seemed like a big tease to me. (Also a case of seeing what a fan wants to see, I'll admit.) I still think it's potentially a slight tease, the way its worded and the seeming randomness of it, but if that episode grid was recently in a blog or something else making the virtual rounds then it makes more sense.

Edit - A bit of googling. Seems to be a recent thing:

Jim Vallandingham
@vlandham
"New experimental project - Create a heatmap of average IMDb ratings for any TV series!
Just type in a name and see the ratings for each episode. https://vallandingham.me/seriesheat"
Oct 5, 2021
https://twitter.com/vlandham/status/1445406386968571904

Ok so probably one of his team posted it as it's a new-ish trend and connected it back to TP. Hmmm. Another brief speculative mystery ends with a prosaic resolution. Yet this thread will continue to march on... 8)
Last edited by Jonah on Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah was thinking it could be for whatever he’s doing in Australia tried to check his IMDB but didn’t see any upcoming roles. Might be for Fletch and it really could be for anything. But didn’t he have a quote about dying his hair to play Cooper again for a season 4 or something along those lines
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:34 pm Yeah was thinking it could be for whatever he’s doing in Australia tried to check his IMDB but didn’t see any upcoming roles. Might be for Fletch and it really could be for anything. But didn’t he have a quote about dying his hair to play Cooper again for a season 4 or something along those lines
Okay, here I am googling an actor dyeing his hair this evening. :roll: :lol: The most recent thing I found was this article:

https://people.com/style/kyle-maclachla ... ce-series/

Says he stripped his hair for that role, maybe he then left it that way for the Australian TV series, and has just dyed it back for himself or a new role. Although I was under the impression he's been rocking that look for quite a few years apart from The Return such as that sitcom he was on - Carol's Second Act.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I could’ve sworn he said something along the lines of if David wanted to do a season 4 I’d dye my hair and do it in an instant. I think I’m just mixing up things he’s said in various interviews. He definitely has been doing the grey hair for a while at least since The Return ended.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Do you think you might be remembering Laura Dern talking about Lynch asking her to shave her head? Although, it is quite possible Kyle said something like that. I do remember someone saying we'd know more TP was happening once his hair went dark again, something like that.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

The part about “we’d know more TP was happening once his hair went dark again” is what I was thinking about. And wasn’t Kyle saying he was doing training for some personal projects? Haven’t heard much about that too.
"Jade give two rides."