Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

anthology would have been an interesting format for the Return, a whole episode focusing on Bobby Briggs' perspective etc.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Interesting
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Ickles wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm Image
It's a very striking photo, so she honestly could have just posted it for that, or she could simply be screwing around, knowing that the word is currently charged in Lynch-land. Of course what I'd like it to be is a coy (and very aesthetic) hint that she's actually involved in a Lynch project, but I don't put too much stock in things being what I'd like them to be.

My optimism levels:

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Hmm. Kyle also tweeted something about going back in time, with a clip from an old Japanese commercial, set to a seemingly-random Japanese song about cherry blossoms (or bonbons?)

Coincidence, of course.

https://twitter.com/Kyle_MacLachlan/sta ... 86081?s=19
lyrics wrote:To grandma as a child
子供の頃おばあちゃんに

Sometimes he gave me a begging
ねだるとたまにくれた

I'm staying up late
夜更かししてるのと

Hey as exciting
同じくらいドキドキねえ

I became an adult
大人になったのは

I'm not mistaken
勘違いじゃないけど

I do remember
たしかに覚えてる

It tastes the same as those days
あの頃と同じ味ね

Cherry cherry cherry cherry bonbon
チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

My Cherry Cherry Cherry Cherry Bonbon
マイチェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

チェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

My Cherry Cherry Cherry Cherry Bonbon
マイチェリー チェリー チェリーボンボン

Cherry bonbon
チェリー ボンボン

The songs I listened to when I was a kid
子供の頃聴いた曲も

Now in a different way
今なら違う風に

I wonder if you can hear it
聴こえるのかななんて

Dust-covered players
ほこりのかぶったプレイヤーは

Become a time machine
タイムマシンになって

Regain your feelings
気持ちを取り戻すの

I do remember
たしかに覚えてる

It tastes the same as those days
あの頃と同じ味ね

Riding on a time machine
タイムマシンに乗って

The feelings of those days
あの頃の気持ちを

Dreams of those days
あの頃の夢を

Remember cherry bonbon
思い出して チェリーボンボン
johndaker
Roadhouse Member

Post by johndaker »

It is starting to feel like there are perhaps more wisteria-related (flower) posts from TP-associated people than one would expect if everything was just coincidental and innocently unrelated to the production rumors.

OTOH, tapping into the rumor buzz, even deliberately, doesn’t necessarily mean the post-makers are involved with the production.

And OTOOH, Sherilyn posts quite a lot to social media. So this is less significant than it would be if she only posted every once in a while. If one post about wisteria appears when there are a total of only a few recent posts, that’s more likely to be noncoincidetal—but the actual fact of the matter is that one post has appeared about wisteria out of many dozens of recent posts from Sherilyn.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I don’t read anymore into the cast members’ wisteria posts than I would read into any other TP fan feeding into the hype.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Not sure she cares that much tbh. There was an awkward question at the London TP fest when she was asked how she felt about The Return and stumbled into admitting she hadn't watched it because of "issues with Showtime on her TV."

So I wouldn't consider her posting something as equivalent to a lay fan doing the same.

Edit: fixed typo "he" to "she".
Last edited by Histeria on Mon May 17, 2021 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Histeria wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 7:25 am Not sure she cares that much tbh. There was an awkward question at the London TP fest when she was asked how she felt about The Return and stumbled into admitting he hadn't watched it because of "issues with Showtime on her TV."

So I wouldn't consider her posting something as equivalent to a lay fan doing the same.
She certainly posted a lot about TR before she was officially cast (complaining that Kyle was getting paid more than she was offered, etc.). I could see her just drumming up hype for a new Lynch product in the hopes that he’ll cast her. But you may be right.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah, good point. Could swing either way on the Sherilyn Fenn front.

No Weather Report yet. It was an average 10-15 minutes later than usual in the last two weeks. Now it's ten minutes past even that figure.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

she could be chasing likes/ follows on social media from fans, knowing wisteria is working title or whatever.

i have a neighbor down the street, who I dont think has much interest in Lynch, Peaks, art films, posted two pics on instagram of the wisteria in his yard two days in a row last week, saying he having a wisterical time. people love plants/ flowers/ gardening / spring time.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Ickles wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 6:47 pm Image
Don't think Sherilyn knows anything. But I do think the post is Lynch project related. I take it as a positive sign. Everyone is interested in Wisteria, it's beautiful and possibly filled with secrets.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

How do I put this politely? Sherilyn LOVEEES attention. But I still haven't forgotten the time she called the fans' obsession over a 30-year-old show sad and pathetic and then turned around to ask those same fans to donate to her several GoFundMe's. Yeah, love her performance as Audrey, but her as a person? Not so much.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

underthefan wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:41 am How do I put this politely? Sherilyn LOVEEES attention. But I still haven't forgotten the time she called the fans' obsession over a 30-year-old show sad and pathetic and then turned around to ask those same fans to donate to her several GoFundMe's. Yeah, love her performance as Audrey, but her as a person? Not so much.
just curious -- when did she say that?
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I'd say around late 2017 or so on Twitter. I don't have the inclination to look for it and she might have deleted it (I would have). The context was that she felt frustrated that every time she posted about God or her religious beliefs, fans scrolled right past it but only paid attention when she was talking about TP, which she found sad and pathetic. I know most fans just ignored it at the time so I let it go and it could have been just a moment of frustration but it definitely soured me on her for good. Other fans don't have to care or agree with me, I only mention it because I wouldn't put too much stock into her posts.