Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

I take solace in the fact most high profile stories like this eventually get longread features in the trades that spell out every last juicy detail.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by sneakydave »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:19 pm And David’s song of the day in the weather report was My Prayer by The Platters.

I don’t know what to make of any of the whole Cannes fiasco. But with that I am signing off! This has been a short but important chapter of my life and I will miss this website very dearly. I can’t wait to talk with everyone over on Tulpa!

Aaaand I’ll see you…in the branches….
We need you over there with your inside source info. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Since we're in the end times here guess I'll follow suit and say that even though the outcome (thus far) of this new film/pilot/series rumor cycle has been frustrating, having a place to pore every minor detail with fellow Lynch/TP enthusiasts has been a blast. In "real life" I have friends who enjoy Lynch and are happy to discuss his film work on occasion but would not abide parsing every single tweet, reddit insider, copyright filing, Wisteria IG post, etc. etc. etc. Knowing there's a group of folks equally as passionate and invested in this is heartening and makes this Lynch fan feel a little less like I'm on an island with this stuff. Here's hoping there's more and more hopeful news to continue discussing on the Tulpa board.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:23 pm
DougieJones wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:19 pm And David’s song of the day in the weather report was My Prayer by The Platters.

I don’t know what to make of any of the whole Cannes fiasco. But with that I am signing off! This has been a short but important chapter of my life and I will miss this website very dearly. I can’t wait to talk with everyone over on Tulpa!

Aaaand I’ll see you…in the branches….
We need you over there with your inside source info. :D
I’m on it.
"Jade give two rides."
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

FWIW, Elsa Keslassy (the Variety reporter that started this mess) "Liked" this Fatecolossal tweet: https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 0619407364
dud
RR Diner Member

Post by dud »

wild idea i just had after seeing the clip of the cannes guy crossing out something on the paper. figure this is pretty unlikely but it sort of connects all the different disparate rumors into one logical narrative:

1. in 2018 or 2019 lynch films a feature length pilot for a new series
2. preliminary netflix deal happens for a series order, first scheduled to film in 2020, then 2021, falls through both times due to covid waves, netflix deal is no more
3. since turning the feature length pilot into a series no longer appears to be happening, he decides to premiere the film at cannes as a feature
4. rumors of this happening circulate
5. some sort of new deal to make the pilot into a series materializes unexpectedly/somewhat last minute, and lynch pulls the feature/pilot out of cannes last minute in favor of turning it into a series

again, i think this is pretty unlikely, but it really connects all these disjointed rumors into something that actually makes sense, grasping at straws here after that "if there's smoke" comment, the supposedly coy smile, the variety reporter doubling down...
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:34 pm Since we're in the end times here guess I'll follow suit and say that even though the outcome (thus far) of this new film/pilot/series rumor cycle has been frustrating, having a place to pore every minor detail with fellow Lynch/TP enthusiasts has been a blast. In "real life" I have friends who enjoy Lynch and are happy to discuss his film work on occasion but would not abide parsing every single tweet, reddit insider, copyright filing, Wisteria IG post, etc. etc. etc. Knowing there's a group of folks equally as passionate and invested in this is heartening and makes this Lynch fan feel a little less like I'm on an island with this stuff. Here's hoping there's more and more hopeful news to continue discussing on the Tulpa board.
That's me you're describing :D
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Interesting theory, dud. That would make some sense. It would also explain Lynch being adamant he doesn’t have a new film, if it’s a series now and he’s trying to bury the standalone extended pilot/feature.

Reading the Variety piece with the head of Cannes too, I wonder if there’s some back and forth going on with studios and where to place the film (I.e special screening vs in competition) if it’s owned by a streamer without plans to exhibit it in France.
Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hopper »

LOL https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... QTasQ&s=19

Btw, why isn't Fate Colossal in this forum? Love the guy. Hope to see him in Tulpa someday.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I'm not sure what to make of this. I didn't watch the Cannes conference, because I had a sudden visit from a friend, so I just read the list a bit later and thought: "Yep. No Lynch. But at least there's Cronenberg." (I like James Gray too.) It was only now, 12+ hours later, that I read the last 10 pages here and, well, I guess there's still hope.

In the end, I think that something's most likely happening, and I've been thinking that since the end of 2019, but we will find out about it who knows where or when.
Last edited by Stavrogyn on Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

I'm getting over the disappointment of today by watching episode 5 of The Return.

Mr C looking in the mirror and flashing back to the scene with he and Bob laughing in the Lodge.

Chilling stuff.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I sent out some feelers to get a read on what the hell is going on. Just heard back from a person most certainly in the know of this situation. I’ll keep y’all posted whether it’s here or on Tulpa.
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:16 pm I'm getting over the disappointment of today by watching episode 5 of The Return.

Mr C looking in that mirror and flashing back to the scene with he and Bob laughing in the Lodge.

Chilling stuff.
One of my favourite episodes of the season, and a great scene.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:18 pm I sent out some feelers to get a read on what the hell is going on. Just heard back from a person most certainly in the know of this situation. I’ll keep y’all posted whether it’s here or on Tulpa.
Two thumbs up.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

It's funny, but I feel like it has been a really important week. On Monday we learned that Dugpa is closing, then this situation with Cannes provided us with quite an emotional rollercoaster, and finally tomorrow we're all switching to Tulpa... I feel like this week will remain in my memory. I've spent most of it at least partially glancing at these pages.