Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

I do still wonder what he intended to say that day. He looked on the verge of tears when saying he was gonna announce he's stopping the reports but then decided not to.

I doubt he intended to tease an announcement the next day if it was merely that he'd be ending the whole thing. Bit odd to hype up something that daily viewers of his channel wouldn't want to hear, only to then say the viewers not wanting to hear it has convinced him to carry on anyway.

And I felt sorry for him when faced with accusations of "trolling". That video felt nothing but sincere.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by baxter »

I love the fact that this thread comes back to life occasionally, even if it is just to commiserate on the lack of news. I miss it when it isn't active.

I'm passing the time with a selection of new DVD boxsets. I got the boxset of The Invaders, and had forgotten how Peaksy it is in places. It's cheesy, but it has an amazing, paranoid "everyone is potentially evil" subtext, and some trippy visuals that create a unique atmosphere. I'm sure I remember reading that Mark Frost was a big fan of The Fugitive, which would provide a connection (The Invaders is another Quinn Martin show, and is basically The Fugitive with aliens).

Also, check out The Strange World of Gurney Slade. Amazing, and it's basically the 60s version of On the Air :lol:
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Didn't see any mention of this elsewhere but...happy birthday, David! Please celebrate by announcing a new series!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

If Wisteria/Unredcorded Night was meant to be an original Lynch production, it would be interesting regardless of what it is. With regards to Twin Peaks itself, at this stage, I'd be quite content with a movie (Showtime or theatrical) following up on Lynch's Carrie Page idea, featuring Laura, Coop, and Audrey, along with whoever else he feels is relevant, hopefully some of the cast members (Catherine, Josie, Annie) that weren't in The Return. It would be a bit like FWWM 2 and might be less intensive than filming 18 parts.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 7:37 am I'd be quite content with a movie (Showtime or theatrical) following up on Lynch's Carrie Page idea.
That would be absolutely great! However, if I had to choose between a brand new David Lynch series or a Twin Peaks-related film, I think I would choose series, because I enjoyed the format of The Return very, very much, and would love to see him make a continuing story again - that and the fact that I would prefer as much new content as possible.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

From the "most assuredly nothing" file: https://ew.com/movies/blue-velvet-reuni ... aclachlan/

I'm definitely electing to take this at face value as just Laura and Kyle checking in with David for his birthday to wish him well. But...a little part of me did have a moment of tin-foil-hat thinking that perhaps they discussed a new project or scheduling? You could also interpret the fact that David is still only seeing people virtually/not in person as a sign that he's nowhere close to being ready to be on a set again. Even if it's the simplest explanation (Occam's Razor and all), it's still nice to see those 3 catching up and staying in touch.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 12:11 pm From the "most assuredly nothing" file: https://ew.com/movies/blue-velvet-reuni ... aclachlan/

I'm definitely electing to take this at face value as just Laura and Kyle checking in with David for his birthday to wish him well. But...a little part of me did have a moment of tin-foil-hat thinking that perhaps they discussed a new project or scheduling? You could also interpret the fact that David is still only seeing people virtually/not in person as a sign that he's nowhere close to being ready to be on a set again. Even if it's the simplest explanation (Occam's Razor and all), it's still nice to see those 3 catching up and staying in touch.
Lynch has been out for project related stuff. He was at FotoKem to oversee the new Mulholland Drive transfer. Kyle was in Milan this week so might be self-isolating if he's back in LA. Probably best they keep in-person socials at a minimum though.

This week, Vice tried to get a comment from Lynch over the old panties video and the response they got was something like "David Lynch is very busy atm and won't be commenting on 20 year old videos from his defunct web forum"

I posted the full quote in the panties in mouth thread.
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Just because of lack of activity in here; A resident of North Bend claims a symbol just showed up on the top of a local steam train, and shared it on Twitter:
imageedit_2_2817679670.jpg
imageedit_2_2817679670.jpg (267.48 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
https://twitter.com/PineyRealm/status/1 ... 4626807808
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Huh! That's incredible.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Nice photo if nothing else.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Seems like he isn't avoiding film sets anymore. This is in post-production.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/davi ... 235172006/
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I just came here to post the same thing. Exciting news!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Actually, it could be a situation like how Frost's father skyped in his performance in S3. Sorry to play the party pooper, just a stray thought. :)
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

AXX°N N. wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:03 pm Actually, it could be a situation like how Frost's father skyped in his performance in S3. Sorry to play the party pooper, just a stray thought. :)
I suppose it could be a remote performance. Wish there was more info on this and his actual role - Lynch acting for Spielberg is mad stuff!
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

AXX°N N. wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:03 pm Actually, it could be a situation like how Frost's father skyped in his performance in S3. Sorry to play the party pooper, just a stray thought. :)
It'll be a historical role so no Skype. I guess they could composite him in.