Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by sneakydave »

I've not been here in ages.

We getting a new Lynch product or not?

Now off to read the last 20 pages.....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am I've not been here in ages.

We getting a new Lynch product or not?

Now off to read the last 20 pages.....
To save you some time - there has been no more news and not even much in the way of speculation apart from maybe the last couple of pages.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am Now off to read the last 20 pages.....
No refunds.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Jerry Horne wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:04 pm
sneakydave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am Now off to read the last 20 pages.....
No refunds.
LOL :lol:
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

No refunds.
Hahah this is a good one
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:57 am We getting a new Lynch product or not?
Based on the current state of affairs, it seems more reasonable to say probably not, but I'm always hopeful.

I miss the good old days of May and June when hopes were high and speculation was rampant!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

My gut and my heart both tell me we'll surely be in for another Lynch project before he transcends into collective consciousness or the unified field. But, like the song goes...
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

Soolsma wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:21 pm But, like the song goes...
I always love a good Great American Songbook reference, especially in Twin Peaks, so this is one of my favourite moments from Fire Walk with Me :)
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Teehee. I never really got the reference before it was part of one of Mordeen's riddles. Curious though: is it common for Croatians to be familiar with the Great American Songbook and it's content?
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8757832705

Wisteria was indeed in preproduction according to Peter Deming !

"I wish I had some news; I don't. B/c of the worldwide pandemic—I think it was just starting pre-production. I had not started work on it yet. I'm assuming it'll come back to life at some point. Idk when."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

FullBlossomOfTheEve wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 11:48 am https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8757832705

Wisteria was indeed in preproduction according to Peter Deming !

"I wish I had some news; I don't. B/c of the worldwide pandemic—I think it was just starting pre-production. I had not started work on it yet. I'm assuming it'll come back to life at some point. Idk when."
Nice post. First solid bit of anything we've had on here in a long, long time. Thanks. Love your username too - I used to have Harriet as my profile pic and that quote as my sig,

Edit - I see the news was also shared by Fatecolossal (I often post his tidbits here but hadn't been checking twitter for a bit).
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

FYI my source is in fact Fatecolossal (the link to his post with the actual video is in my previous post.

Harriet is the best !
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yep, I saw that - but only after I'd replied. At first I thought it was a link to Deming's twitter until I looked again. So, we know the copyright filings and possibly the main reddit poster were both right. Not definite but it does all seem to line up, though many questions remain. Will it start up again (and when) or is it cancelled? And was/is it TP-related?
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

No refunds.
That gave me a chuckle. :D

Interesting comments from Deming. Gives a little hope. Though it doesn't sound like anything is imminent.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Deming’s comments are definitely more optimistic for me than not. If the project was truly cancelled I think he would’ve said so.
"Jade give two rides."