Season 4? Or is it over after this?

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Jerry Horne, Brad D, Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
Peter Deming still in NYC, so nothing happening now I don't think. or at least with him involved.

The Elle magazine interview with Dern is encouraging.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

matto wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 8:56 pm Possibly some of the code may have been mistyped?

"batsg, wkwow"

"But like the song goes, "who knows where, or when?"
That's my play with malfeasance. Good spot.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

merryweather wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 10:36 pm “I mean it like it is, like it sounds”
Yes.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:59 pm
Agent Earle wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 11:11 pm I dunno, Fenn strikes me as somewhat unstable. I'm not comfortable with such people. And I especially don't like all the religious talk. I stopped taking her seriously when she started with the latter. I don't remember her being like that in the past (like pre-S3 announcement past), but then again, social media wasn't always around, so she may have always been like that. Or is such behaviour a product of late-stage career and a certain sense of entitlement? I feel she's blown her importance to the TP universe out of proportion.
You're not comfortable with Sherilyn Fenn? I didn't know you two were having weekend picnics up at Windom's log cabin!
Great idea for an Agent Earle avatar! Here you go Agent Earle, I hope you like this photo of your actual irl negative nancy posting location.
earle_cabin_small_HQ.jpg
earle_cabin_small_HQ.jpg (41.8 KiB) Viewed 304 times
EDIT: I'm a little unsure of how the file size business works. This seems to get a lot bigger when I upload it.
mtwentz
Bookhouse Member

Post by mtwentz »

Cde. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 am But does Mordeen actually know anything about this particular production, and would people be as interested in cracking these codes if they came from someone with no reputation for insider knowledge?
I am sure Mordeen knows something.
"Dougie is COOPER? How the Hell is this!?"
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Cde. wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:41 am But does Mordeen actually know anything about this particular production, and would people be as interested in cracking these codes if they came from someone with no reputation for insider knowledge?
I'll quote this post too, without addressing either question posed.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm So how are we all feeling now - still confident that something (TP or not) is happening/shaping up to happen, or that nothing is?
I'm still confident a project is in pre-production at the moment but I don't think it's TP S4.
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?
i reckon 500 :lol:
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

underthefan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 am
I'm still confident a project is in pre-production at the moment but I don't think it's TP S4.
Why not?
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

ringbearer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:46 am Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?
It's really strange that you just said that. I was going to post the exact same thing like 5 minutes ago. Are you reading my mind?
I don't always need television shows with red curtains in the woods or magic islands - but it helps!
ringbearer
Roadhouse Member

Post by ringbearer »

there's always 315... :)
"I like to remember things my own way." Fred Madison
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

ringbearer wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:46 am Does anyone have any predictions on what page number we'll get to when there is an announcement?

Unless Mordeen responds to cryptically quote every post. In which case it will be around 556 (which, incidentally, is the current page count plus 253). ;)
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

I really was just wondering that earlier. I figured another 100 page milestone or so, around 400 - but could be as much as 500.

Then again, we could be on page 10,000 or even 100,000, and wondering if the current wisteria posts on whatever the next big social media thing is mean anything.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Jonah wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:50 am
underthefan wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 2:33 am
Why not?
I think because of Netflix and the licensing issues I talked about in my long post. It might still be TP-related in some way but not requiring the knowledge of what came previously.
Jonah
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jonah »

That's true. I do also wonder how all that will work.

Technically, though, Coop is now Richard and Laura is Carrie, The Giant is The Fireman. They could all have new names again. And Audrey could be a new person entirely if she's woken up in some other realm or even in the real world. So maybe Lynch will just rename all the characters and the town itself and continue on. It's a Lynch show after all - we'd hardly bat an eye!
Last edited by Jonah on Wed May 19, 2021 4:39 am, edited 1 time in total.