Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Balthazar mentioned working w DL on a new project on that podcast, so I keep my eye on his schedule.

Harry Dean was a bit of a mainstay, but he's gone. :(

Chrysta Bell possibly, she seems to be in DL inner circle these days. whether this is TP or not.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

some of those guys, Al Strobel, Richard Beymer, Horse, Kelly are pushing 80..

I wouldn't expect them to be too busy, especially in a pandemic that has really hit the elderly hard.
even the prospect of working with DL again at this point may be a bit nerve wracking.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I don’t think the newest fatecolossal tweet is really much to look into. I feel like Laura Dern was speaking more generally if anything but then again who knows. At this point I think it’s guaranteed that David Lynch is working on something but the question is whether if it’s more TP or not. I forget where but on some listing (I think it’s PW) Netflix was removed from Unrecorded Night and Netflix isn’t listed on the Calvert Studios website even though Hulu and a lot of other companies/services are listed. Maybe it’s possible that this is a joint venture between CBS/Showtime and Netflix. I’m just going out on a very speculative limb here though.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:01 am some of those guys, Al Strobel, Richard Beymer, Horse, Kelly are pushing 80..

I wouldn't expect them to be too busy, especially in a pandemic that has really hit the elderly hard.
even the prospect of working with DL again at this point may be a bit nerve wracking.
Yeah, I know and some of the actors don't usually have much listed besides Twin Peaks, but just listed out a few of them for fun anyway.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 9:46 am Laura Dern has lots of friends in Hollywood. It’s tough to take much of anything from that quote beyond some friends of hers are trying to start work in the summer, and the industry is struggling with COVID. I appreciate the work fatecolossal is doing in compiling all this stuff, but I think (s)he is grasping at straws on this one.
Agreed on that one - and I usually like to read into things more or have fun speculating, but that didn't sound specifically Lynch-related, though maybe she's being more careful what she says now.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Also what Grace Zabriskie said in January sounds very similar to what Ray Wise said before The Return

“No one in the world could probably get him to say there would be another season, and you wouldn’t have been able to three years ago either, But the last time I talked to him he said, ‘Well, I hope we get to work together soon,’ as if that was partly up to me, I don’t know the answer to that if he’s going to do it.”

https://www.indiewire.com/video/no-twin ... 234613062/

And the Andrea Hays tweet about Wisteria is either just one big troll or a very big hint
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

in terms of ranking fate collassal's greatest hits,
the L Dern working w friends over the summer more leading than susan sarandon taking pictures of flowers

not by much though
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

What does everyone think about the tweet below? Surprised it gets so little traction. I thought it was the most solid nugget in recent weeks/months when I read it but seems like I'm the only one that does. Didn't really get any heat on Twitter, either despite these guys having super access to the cast and crew.

https://twitter.com/DamnFineJava/status ... 16453?s=19
krishnanspace
Bookhouse Member

Post by krishnanspace »

Is that a reliable person who replied in that tweet?
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

they seem like fans to me with no inside knowledge.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

He's behind the Twin Peaks Unwrapped podcast and they've put together a stunning compendium of Twin Peaks oral history and journalism in both the podcast and accompanying book that collates interviews into seperate chapters for each TP episode.

They're top-notch and I highly recommend a browse through their podcast Back catalogue. Their most recent coup was an interview with the elusive Scott Frost.

*Edited to fix typos and add the last sentence.
Last edited by Histeria on Thu May 06, 2021 10:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

ok fine, i guess it means season 4 is happening.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

The tweet always read to me as wishful thinking, a bit of fun and nothing more. But who knows.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

i would be wary though, a lot of actors want to seem busy, friendly, and when you press them on whether s4 is happening or not, human nature is to say, maybe, I got a lot of exiciting projects coming down the pike ! especially when trying to hype yourself a bit, and you're around fans who appreciate you.

people want to have hope , pride, and optimism, want to come off as likeable, in demand, and arent' likely to say man, my life sucks, nobody wants to hire me, and reveal inner thoughts and stuff to strangers on a podcast.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Yeah the Dern one was another "plausible but unfalsifiable" nugget that seem to comprise the bulk of what we think we may or may not know.

I still think there's more than enough evidence to reasonably suspect Unrecorded Night is related to Twin Peaks. I wouldn't bet my house on it.. but maybe a room or two.