Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

BGate
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by BGate »

Histeria wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:06 pm
Ickles wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:02 pm DEADLINE: Any big names to be added?

FRÉMAUX: No. … We’re not waiting for a ghost movie from David Lynch [laughs]. I used to talk to David quite often and he has never mentioned anything like that.
The question wasn't if he's waiting for a ghost movie.
Come on. He's aware of the rumors and knows why he's being asked the question, and has been asked it multiple times now.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Stavrogyn »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:09 am As things stand, I wrote my first two novels by the age of 18 - yet struggled for well over ten years to finish another one, which I then got stuck in a loop sending out and revising for several more years (well, a planned series - I got the first 2 books finished and a plan for others) and it ended up not taking off after all that (until last summer when I wrote two and now I'm working on two more), whereas a lot of writers already have 5-10 published books during the same amount of time. So prolific ... not really, at least not as much as I'd like to be.
Sounds quite prolific to me :) I'm planning to write and publish, let's say, 5 books in my lifetime, and I'm already on my second... But this is a topic for Tulpa, I don't want to derail this thread any further on its final day of glory!
Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 1:09 am I don't think everyone takes rumours like this as seriously as us diehards, though maybe they do to some extent considering how much they blow up.
True. I've been bothering people with new Lynch, or even new Twin Peaks, for more than two years now, solely based on rumors and things we discussed in this thread. I still do, even people who didn't watch Twin Peaks. It was much more relaxing to me back in 2014, before The Return, when the announcement simply surprised me, as I didn't even consider Twin Peaks ever returning. But, as many have already said, it is so much fun speculating, it adds to the experience, so I'm looking forward to the next 300 pages in the successor of this wonderful thread :D
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hot off the presses - Lynch's Cannes movie revealed! (not really)

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ival_leak/

Lol 8)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So everyone, assuming nothing ends up being announced for Lynch with Cannes (I know some think they might still), what's the next rumour do you think? :lol:
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Venice.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I was thinking that. This might become a rolling rumour for every forthcoming festival.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Damn I'm gonna miss this thread.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 5:14 pm Damn I'm gonna miss this thread.
It's a damn fine thread.

Begun by PeteMartell, who hasn't posted since Mon Jul 08, 2019. DOES HE EVEN KNOW WHAT HE HAS WROUGHT?

Could we could link to the first page of this thread in the first post of its spiritual successor?
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Someone asked me to move one of their posts over to the Forum Closing thread and, looking at the last few messages here, I think a few people posted messages here by mistake meant for that thread. As a courtesy, I'll move them over for you. If for some reason, you wanted them here after all and not there (if it even matters) let me know and if I'm online I'll try to move them back. If i'm not on, one of the other mods might be able to do it, but remember the board is closing tonight - so forgive me if they're not moved back and I goofed up. It's very late and I'm tired.
OneandtheSame

Post by OneandtheSame »

While I rarely post, I’ve followed these forums for Lynch news for as long as I can remember, well before I had an actual account. It’s truly sad to see it end.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Sweet crazy memories. :lol:

Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

That kind of stuff was fun but also really going down the rabbit hole.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Jonah wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:56 pm That kind of stuff was fun but also really going down the rabbit hole.
Oh yeah, well I still suspect that Sabrina's photo was intentionally provocative.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

“I'm going to let you in on a little secret: Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it, don't wait for it, just let it happen. It could be a new shirt in a men's store, a cat nap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black coffee.” - Special Agent Dale Cooper

Take care everyone and the very best to you all!
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

One more I guess, though I don't have access to the site:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/films/0/dav ... owing-day/