Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Mordeen »

Ahhhhh bah dum psh.

We're here all week. Don't forget to tip your waitress.
About you<br /><br />About you
About you

About you
getting to know the truth.gif (378.93 KiB) Viewed 8188 times
- Mordeen

Edit: bah
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by mtwentz »

One thing is clear though- Lynch is not likely to risk his life so that we get to see more of his work.

Even though he is undoubtedly triple vaxxed by now, he's also keenly aware that 90% protection against death is not 100%.

But it is good to finally hear that something was in the works. Has Agent Earle gotten the news yet?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I'll alert him.
Agent Earle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 am Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Hi Earle, check it out :)

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8757832705
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Ickles wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 4:18 pm
Histeria wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 pm Anyone else feel this was coordinated at some level or another?
Sneakydave coming back just when relatively solid info breaks? Yes! sneakydave = Lynch confirmed
No comment.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

mtwentz wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am One thing is clear though- Lynch is not likely to risk his life so that we get to see more of his work.

Even though he is undoubtedly triple vaxxed by now, he's also keenly aware that 90% protection against death is not 100%.

But it is good to finally hear that something was in the works. Has Agent Earle gotten the news yet?
And there's always ????? in the air
And there's always ????? in the air
cwwm_2021.jpg (38.79 KiB) Viewed 7989 times
More likely to get hit by a car at this point, but we don't know his mind or motivations, nor would I guess or judge.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 1:35 pm
mtwentz wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:54 am One thing is clear though- Lynch is not likely to risk his life so that we get to see more of his work.

cwwm_2021.jpg

More likely to get hit by a car at this point, but we don't know his mind or motivations, nor would I guess or judge.

- Mordeen
Weird you should mention getting hit by a car. One of my close co-worker's had her husband just get hit by a car. He is in a coma now and expected to recover, but who knows.

And two weeks earlier, a classmate of mine was hit by a car trying to cross a highway in Austin, TX. He was killed instantly.

I have been replaying the whole sequence from part 6 starting with the Red and Richard meeting through to Richard hitting the boy with the car. That scene already was very powerful, but becomes even more powerful being that similar incidents have recently touched the periphery of my life.

Lynch obviously chose to film such a scene because it gives us such a visceral reaction. Whether it actually played out into a full blown subplot is almost irrelevant.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that. My mother was killed by a car when I was 7. We probably all have bad car stories.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'm introducing a new phrase:

"It was happening again."

(Mind you that I am not particularly of the opinion that "it" was Twin Peaks, but it's certainly not impossible either, and in any event, we're clearly dealing with some sort of Lynch directorial project.)

nsf.jpg
nsf.jpg (42.71 KiB) Viewed 8702 times
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I think right now where things stand Lynch could be waiting for actors and other crew members to finish projects they are working on currently. Like Kyle is in Australia for Tiger King, so it might just be Lynch waiting for the stars to align even if Covid is a non factor.
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I caught up on the last page and I’d just like to say that I’m very thankful for everyone on this forum and I hope each and everyone of y’all on here are doing well. I haven’t been on here long but I’ve felt so welcomed and I’m very glad to be apart of this great community. Meanwhile….
"Jade give two rides."
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:21 pm Meanwhile….
Meanwool...

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mordeen wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:49 pm
DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:21 pm Meanwhile….
Meanwool...

- Mordeen

I'll shear you again in 25 years.

meanwool.jpg
meanwool.jpg (39.26 KiB) Viewed 8648 times
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:21 pm I caught up on the last page and I’d just like to say that I’m very thankful for everyone on this forum and I hope each and everyone of y’all on here are doing well. I haven’t been on here long but I’ve felt so welcomed and I’m very glad to be apart of this great community. Meanwhile….
In my mind you're a "regular," I totally forgot you joined only recently! :)
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:15 pm I think right now where things stand Lynch could be waiting for actors and other crew members to finish projects they are working on currently. Like Kyle is in Australia for Tiger King, so it might just be Lynch waiting for the stars to align even if Covid is a non factor.
I really hope that this is the case; it's certainly possible. My hopes are definitely restored now that we heard Deming confirming there was / is something in the works!

On a side note, I just realized that the Tiger King series with Kyle is not the one in which Nicolas Cage was supposed to play the main part, and what's even worse, the Cage series was scrapped... Oh well.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

AXX°N N. wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:26 am
DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:21 pm I caught up on the last page and I’d just like to say that I’m very thankful for everyone on this forum and I hope each and everyone of y’all on here are doing well. I haven’t been on here long but I’ve felt so welcomed and I’m very glad to be apart of this great community. Meanwhile….
In my mind you're a "regular," I totally forgot you joined only recently! :)
Thank you kindly! It feels like much longer but then again is it future or is it past?
"Jade give two rides."