Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Metamorphia wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:04 am
Jonah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 am Or Lynch called him and lectured him and told him not to say any more (like he did that time Kyle revealed Shelley was supposed to be the killer on SNL) and now this is damage control.
I'm relatively confident something's happening (mainly based on the copyright filings and the Zoom meeting) but the Wisteria hinting did strike me as odd. Unless encouraged/specified to hint by Lynch, it actually seems like quite strange behaviour because it risks letting the cat out the bag before any formal announcement. We know based on The Return that Lynch is obviously very very concerned with leaks and what's public/what isn't.

Must admit I do think the wisteria IG post was probably more random in origin (or loosely tied to Desperate Housewives) but that Kyle's social media management team had one eye on the rumours so cheekily posted it knowing it'd probably get good engagement numbers.
You seriously think Kyle has a 'social media management team'?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It seems blatantly obvious that Kyle knows more about Lynch's forthcoming project than he is letting on at the moment. I don't see him as trolling, this whole thing is just a bit of a tease.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I dunno about a team, but Kyle does have an assistant who help manage social media stuff. I was at one of his wine events, and she was taking pictures for him on an iphone and showing them to him. My wife had brought some obscure Dune memorabilia from her childhood he was rather intrigued by and he brought her over to take a picture.

Back in 2009, Lynch announced he was going off to shoot this Maharishi Yogi documentary, and that it would take years he mentioned in multiple interviews, and have "a lot of abstractions"

https://www.vulture.com/2009/11/david_l ... ion_a.html

https://www.slashfilm.com/david-lynchs- ... nootworld/

'It’ll have to go in the documentary department, I think. I don’t think it’ll be a talking heads kind of thing, but we’re going to do a lot of interviews with people. We’ll interview — I hope — in India, a 97-year-old man who was with Maharishi from the beginning and get stories of times that weren’t so well recorded.'

so there's a use of the documented on the record use of the word "recorded' - that stories weren't well recorded. maybe the 'unrecorded night' is an event early in Maharishi Yoga's life that he wants to have dramatized interpretations of ? It would explain to me why Jason S. is in that zoom picture, him being a documentary guy, if this is maybe documentary and drama/narrative/ abstraction all mixed. I can see it being 13 episodes if it's a project he's been working on for over a decade and has accumulated a lot of footage for already.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Seems a real stretch to me to think that what is being planned is a documentary about the Maharashi. Lynch already was in the Richard Beymer documentary 'It's a Beautiful World' (2014) which showed them in India and exploring important places relevant to the guru. There's no way such a project would be filmed in studios in LA.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

well, he said he doubted it would be a talking heads documentary and it would take years, and "have a lot of abstractions"... his idea of abstractions in film, are usually filmed sequences with actors. he refers to FWWM as having "abstract areas", none of which is Stan Brakhage scratch-on-film.

and he's saying there's events not that well recorded. so it's just conjecture to me there is an 'unrecorded night' in Yogi world. the production weekly stuff could be wrong, and there are no LA studios. but the zoom people could be talking about the doc.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

You could find Lynch mention the word 'unrecorded' before in previous interviews I bet. The kind of thing you're describing is something TM.org would be involved in but I just can't see Netflix or anyone throwing money at Lynch to make. In terms of a wider audience and his general fans, I don't think they're awaiting a documentary about the Maharashi with baited breath. No way.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Netflix has funded docu stuff like the octopus teacher, it's not all thrills and chills their projects, and under Lynch's name, I can see them giving him money for anything really, but i hope you're right on the Kyle thing.
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

Does anyone know anything about this "Meditation, Creativity, Peace" doc?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH4qD5Fzyjk

I always thought that this is what happened to the doc he was working on.

I mean, it's an official David Lynch Foundation film without a director credit, but has other credits - Bobby Roth as producer, and some of Lynch's usual collaborators. Also has the font he always uses.

Maybe he just never got the ideas he was hoping for, but wanted the information out anyway, so unceremoniously put it on YouTube uncredited.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, it's possible the Yogi movie wound up as a dead end. the way he used to describe though was it would be about Yogi's early life , how he went from mild mannered physics student and came to enlightenment, and there's spiritual stories not public knowledge, so it would be a bio-pic sorta thing. When he said he wasnt into talking heads, it seemed like he wanted source material from who was still around in Yogi's early days, I was thinking maybe he wanted to either dramatize stuff, or just have dreamy sequences that maybe explained the concepts.

all this being said, I would far prefer TP season 4 or something else. this is the literally the last thing on my list of Lynch dream projects. but the part about Yogi's early years not being recorded well, being his sales pitch when did puff piece interviews, did raise my eyebrow.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

kingchatterbox wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 am Does anyone know anything about this "Meditation, Creativity, Peace" doc?

I always thought that this is what happened to the doc he was working on.

I mean, it's an official David Lynch Foundation film without a director credit, but has other credits - Bobby Roth as producer, and some of Lynch's usual collaborators. Also has the font he always uses.

Maybe he just never got the ideas he was hoping for, but wanted the information out anyway, so unceremoniously put it on YouTube uncredited.

Totally unrelated, but I just have to say I love your avatar, man!

TROLL 2 EFFIN' ROCKS!!! :D
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

you can't piss on hospitality....
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 10:35 am you can't piss on hospitality....
I WON'T ALLOW IT!
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

Jonah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 am
Rainwater wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:25 am
Jonah wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 3:58 am (like he did that time Kyle revealed Shelley was supposed to be the killer on SNL)
Wha, huh?
Never seen that, thanks. Was hoping there would be a real Lynch appearance!
I'll see you in the trees
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

kingchatterbox wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:45 am Does anyone know anything about this "Meditation, Creativity, Peace" doc?
Yes, I've seen that at a theater. After the film, Lynch had a Q&A via Skype with the public, and someone asked him about new Twin Peaks... I was embarrased. This was early 2013... So who knows?
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

If Lynch is fully vaccinated, I'm guessing it won't be long now till we hear something more concrete. I fell like if something is happening is pretty much answered already. But what still needs to be answered...

I'm hoping we get lost in those woods again. Although any new Lynch is an amazing gift.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

TwinsPeak wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:27 amTwinsPeak writes:
If Lynch is fully vaccinated, I'm guessing it won't be long now till we hear something more concrete. I fell like if something is happening is pretty much answered already. But what still needs to be answered...

I'm hoping we get lost in those woods again. Although any new Lynch is an amazing gift.
My thoughts exactly.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)