Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by eyeboogers »

Yes, to all that, but it wasn't the only smoke to stoke the fire. At the same time CBS refused to renew streaming rights internationally to the show. We now know that it ended up on Paramount+ in most territories. So cancelling all fan events, announcing an official star packed event at Graceland with Lynch' involvement, and making sure that all recorded material could be found in one - and only one, place, sure made it seem like a season 4 annoucement (or similar) was imminent. I still think that was the plan.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Well described, eyeboogers.

This account has posted up a brief question they put to Sabrina Sutherland on twitter - https://twitter.com/sonoilcignonero/sta ... 91306?s=20

I am not sure if some may see it as revealing little, but to me it shows how nothing can be said right now - secrecy is a big thing for Lynch as we all know.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

If anything, Unrecorded Night is an extremely cool title for something that exists as an intensely speculated 'what-if,' if that be its fate.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:51 pm Well described, eyeboogers.

This account has posted up a brief question they put to Sabrina Sutherland on twitter - https://twitter.com/sonoilcignonero/sta ... 91306?s=20

I am not sure if some may see it as revealing little, but to me it shows how nothing can be said right now - secrecy is a big thing for Lynch as we all know.

The obsessively precise commitment to that very specific phrase is the key takeaway, not the statement's literal meaning within itself.
Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pinky
RR Diner Member

Post by Pinky »

feels pretty obvious that whatever it was is dead, but i'd still be interested in knowing a bit more about what it was going to be, even if it's just a one line synopsis like we had for IE. Hope it wasn't Peaks but they don't seem to feel like putting us out of our misery there, so I think we'll get the answer to that out of the blue one day, a few years down the line.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

Pinky wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 5:30 am feels pretty obvious that whatever it was is dead, but i'd still be interested in knowing a bit more about what it was going to be, even if it's just a one line synopsis like we had for IE. Hope it wasn't Peaks but they don't seem to feel like putting us out of our misery there, so I think we'll get the answer to that out of the blue one day, a few years down the line.
I wish I had this sort of confidence in what is going on. A project (or two) from Lynch (bearing in mind Wisteria/ Unrecorded Night are probably just working titles) we know nothing about is now kaput based on no news forthcoming at all. :)
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

If Sabrina is honestly surprised that she is having a hard time putting these rumours to rest it is because 1) It has been officially stated that they would have been working on a film/series project if not for the pandemic 2) Last time there were several lies about how nothing was going on (Jennifer Lynch's statement being a very forceful denial 3) It has taken a year and half to get something this close to a denial from Sutherland. If last summer she had posted "We are aware of the rumours, there is absolutely no new project in production or pre-producting". That would have put an end to the speculation.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Maybe it's because I personally don't take social media seriously in any way, shape or form but I feel like folks are trying to glean too much from Sabrina's off-handed replies. She's responding to a stranger on the internet, not carefully wording a press release or answering an interview question. She probably doesn't feel too compelled to elaborate beyond the stock answer she's been giving to people pestering her every time she turns around (which frankly, she has no obligation to do). I'm not reading too much into anything she or anybody else says on social media in general.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Hope oil pools eternal.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jasper wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:36 pm Hope oil pools eternal.
Which also reads H O P E. Well done.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I can't decide if Sabrina's wording is significant or just a casual phrase. I do think she's telling the truth, that nothing is happening at the moment and Lynch is concentrating on Youtube/his art. There could be a project planned/scheduled/delayed/cancelled or somewhere in between one of those stages, but she's not exactly going to say that on social media. Even if she and Lynch wanted to, and he's notoriously cagey about future projects, she likely couldn't anyway due to legal issues. So, yeah, I don't think anything is afoot right now or likely soon. She does keep using the phrase "right now" as someone else pointed out - but that could just be the way she talks, a casual expression, or it could be a clue that something is planned for down the road. No way to know really.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

'Right now' is a significant choice of words for Lynch's producer. If Sabrina was a cleaner tasked with upkeep of Lynch's kitchen with an industrial hose then it would be less significant.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 7:51 pm Well described, eyeboogers.

What is with these rude little fanboys taking out their frustration on Sabrina? Have they considered that she works for David Lynch and is literally only allowed to say what he wants people to know (which is nothing, generally). Grow the hell up, seriously.