Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mtwentz
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by mtwentz »

Probably not related to Lynch's proposed project, but maybe the best we have for false hope for today's news roundup:

https://twitter.com/RussTamblyn/status/ ... 9861321729
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Brad D
Global Moderator

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Brad D »

Russ has been teasing an autobiography for at least a decade. Maybe it’s ready?
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 pm Probably not related to Lynch's proposed project, but maybe the best we have for false hope for today's news roundup:

Last edited by eyeboogers on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Edit
Last edited by Histeria on Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
eyeboogers
Great Northern Member

Post by eyeboogers »

Histeria wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 4:18 am Some people might care about spoilers for that film which hasn't even been released in most markets yet.
Edited (somehow couldn't delete) I didn't consider what I wrote a spoiler since it has been a huge part of that unnamed films marketing, I for expample have not seen the film but have known about that "spoiler" for a year+.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

mtwentz wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:47 pm Probably not related to Lynch's proposed project, but maybe the best we have for false hope for today's news roundup:

I don't know what he's talking about, but a glimpse at the image in his post for sure just rejuvenated my excitement about the new West Side Story, which I'm planning on seeing tonight!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Stavrogyn wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:04 am

I don't know what he's talking about, but a glimpse at the image in his post for sure just rejuvenated my excitement about the new West Side Story, which I'm planning on seeing tonight!
Enjoy! It has gotten great reviews, but I don't think it's made much money at the box office here in the U.S. just yet. Would love to hear your impression.
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

gc_gn_tmp.jpg
gc_gn_tmp.jpg (72.73 KiB) Viewed 6781 times
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

If Covid-19 is still the issue, I'm not very optimistic at the moment. The numbers are huge.
Last edited by Stavrogyn on Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I was wondering when this thread would start up again. We managed to let it go dormant for ... a whole three and a half weeks, not even a full month, and given the holidays not sure it even counts lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Felt a lot longer than 3.5 weeks.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

You know, I was thinking - while I would like more, I no longer crave it nearly as much as I once did. Even though I don't like half of The Return, I'm fine if that's the ending and there's no more. I just wanted to see more Laura, Cooper, and Audrey anyway. I consider the storyline of most of the other characters closed - or at least not ones I'm especially interested in being revisited, even though I'd always like to see them again. I also would've loved to see more of some of the characters they didn't get to revisit - Annie, Catherine, Josie. However, I'm fine if we don't get anymore and no longer feel the huge desire for them to do more. (Watch me change my mind about this if they announce a Season 4 or start dropping major hints.) A part of me is actually worried it could disappoint me more than The Return (which I'll continue to warm up to no doubt), though I'd still watch of course!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

I'm the most hopeful about the possibility of a Lynch project that I've been in some time.

I’ve been thinking that Pegleg from The Black Rider should be the next evolution of the Arm. Some might be familiar with this "musical fable" by Robert Wilson, Tom Waits, and William S. Burroughs.

Wilhelm, a hapless clerk, seeks the hand of the daughter of a huntsman who will not allow the marriage on the grounds that Wilhelm is not himself a huntsman. Pegleg, the devil, tempts Wilhelm with six magic bullets to help him shoot, though, “Five hit the mark, one hits the dark.”

Here, Pegleg, emerging from behind a tree, fittingly sings:

“There is a light in the forest. There is a face in the tree.”

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Jasper wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 pmgc_gn_tmp.jpg
IH(N)GN_TGYLISNTCBIS
IH(N)GN_TGYLISNTCBIS
tps4_blay.gif (520.72 KiB) Viewed 6619 times
-???????
Moving Through Time. . .