Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

I believe what the Fireman says in the Red Room is, “Do you remember?”
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Typing Wisteria into Netflix brings up What Did Jack Do and has done so since Canthaveit posted the codename on Reddit. Until a few weeks ago, the same was true for "Unrecorded Night" but not anymore. Now it remains the top search until you type the second letter of 'night' which then scrubs Jack from the results.

It's possible that results are based on user data for search strings and are just responding to popular searches. But I always assumed it's based on internal keyword databases.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

If I were to guess, that may be during the MJA thing, and maybe "Do you remember" is part of "Do you remember your doppelganger"
and Lynch thought, hmm, this sucks, we're overusing Carel,
lets try a sycamore tree instead.
but maybe the CG will suck, so lets shoot it twice and give ourself options in editing.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm a stray Audrey line you can see in the behind the scenes footage
Saw the footage (the one where they're sitting outside?) but don't remember the line. Anything significant?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:01 pm
Jonah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:59 pm So many people online and so many people posting at the moment (which is great)!! It almost feels like an announcement has been made.
I’m glad I decided to make an account today! You guys are a great group to talk with
Right back atcha!

Lynch and co - Sabrina, if you're there - there's a lot of people online now and replying to messages on here. Now would be the perfect time for an announcement lol. :P
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Jonah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:31 pm a stray Audrey line you can see in the behind the scenes footage
Saw the footage (the one where they're sitting outside?) but don't remember the line. Anything significant?
No, this is during the actual shooting. She says, “I’m flying, but I’m not on drugs.”
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:08 pm
Jonah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:05 pm
No, this is during the actual shooting. She says, “I’m flying, but I’m not on drugs.”
I didn't see all the footage so I might have missed all of that. Thanks.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:57 pm
thedougpa wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 pm
Mr. Reindeer wrote:I do recall people talking about Kyle “karate-chopping” someone, which I imagine was just Kyle goofing around between takes (as he is prone to do).
Yes! And a small person he was looking at? Did he karate chop the small person? I can't recall.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Seems like that would make more sense for the scene with the hitman and where the little man was supposed to come through the ground? Maybe that was supposed to happen in the final scene too once Richard/Coop figured out he wasn't where he wanted to be.
I mean, I might not be following this at this point as you might be just trying to remember what spoiler-pros reported...and I never followed the spoilers thread back in the day...but Kyle does indeed karate-chop Ike in the series in Part 7. Karate-chops him real good. So it wasn't just Kyle goofing off between takes!
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

LateReg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm
thedougpa wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 12:49 pm Yes! And a small person he was looking at? Did he karate chop the small person? I can't recall.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk
Seems like that would make more sense for the scene with the hitman and where the little man was supposed to come through the ground? Maybe that was supposed to happen in the final scene too once Richard/Coop figured out he wasn't where he wanted to be.
I mean, I might not be following this at this point as you might be just talking about what spoiler-pros reported...and I never followed the spoilers thread back in the day...but Kyle does indeed karate-chop Ike in the series in Part 7. Karate-chops him real good. So it wasn't just Kyle goofing off between takes!
No, this was reported specifically on the Palmer house / “scream” night.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:14 pm
LateReg wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:12 pm

I mean, I might not be following this at this point as you might be just talking about what spoiler-pros reported...and I never followed the spoilers thread back in the day...but Kyle does indeed karate-chop Ike in the series in Part 7. Karate-chops him real good. So it wasn't just Kyle goofing off between takes!
No, this was reported specifically on the Palmer house / “scream” night.
Oh, ok. I thought we were talking about the Squeeze His Hand Off scenario, but I get where I misread now.

Now I'm maybe weirdly but likely incorrectly recalling in the BTS footage that Kyle was doing some fun stuff that Laura Scream night. I almost recall him doing a fake karate chop at one point, but I'm sure you've just put that in my head.
Last edited by LateReg on Thu May 06, 2021 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I watched the blurry footage from the Palmer house periscope. I think it may have been a kneeling Assistant Camera person doing the slate marker, he appeared to be a dwarf/short person, but the footage was dark and low res, and there were a lot of bushes that he blended with too. at least that's how I remember it.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Clearly reaching here but re: Unrecorded Night/Wisteria and if it's connected to Netflix anymore...on LinkedIn Sabrina Sutherland's profile has companies which she's "interested in", among them are Showtime and Netflix, specifically. Those are the only 2 networks too so it's not like she just bulked added every distributor under the sun...is there an announcement yet? I can't keep living like this.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

makes sense she would put Netflix cause of What Did Jack Do.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Ickles wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 1:24 pm Clearly reaching here but re: Unrecorded Night/Wisteria and if it's connected to Netflix anymore...on LinkedIn Sabrina Sutherland's profile has companies which she's "interested in", among them are Showtime and Netflix, specifically. Those are the only 2 networks too so it's not like she just bulked added every distributor under the sun...is there an announcement yet? I can't keep living like this.
Same here I keep getting a feeling that there will only be an announcement after they’re done filming. Lynch announced Inland Empire after 2 years of filming after all.
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the other thing I remember about the dugpa spoiler thread was "the MJA wars".

people were reading his fb rants and arguing over whether he had mental illness and he had some fringe political positions, and someone said he should be held accountable or something. and it blew up into a whole big thing.