Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

I don’t know why but the silence around whatever Lynch was/is working on has me thinking that DKL and Co. got their wish. It’s just way too quiet.
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

What's their wish?
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:40 am What's their wish?
I believe there were rumblings that David, at least, was pretty unhappy with the leaks and rumors and purposely wanted to halt things until the hype died down a bit. Not sure how legit it is/was though.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

That’s silly. If he’s ready to make a movie/show, he’ll do it. He doesn’t love leaks, but he’s not going to halt a multimillion dollar production over it.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Maybe his wish was for a federal employee vaccine mandate.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:36 am Maybe his wish was for a federal employee vaccine mandate.
Haha that made me chuckle. I just thought that their wish would be absolute silence on every front.
"Jade give two rides."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Performing up a storm on social media with hints and half-suggestions for months with avid help of various TP-related parties and Lynch's fake announcement on his YT channel is an interesting way to go about the task of assuring complete silence you're supposedly after.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

FYI Sabrina replied to a /r/davidlynch reddit thread asking about Wisteria updates with:
Last year’s Zoom was just a check-in with everyone who has worked with DL at his office. It had nothing to do with anything but friends saying hi. Just FYI.

DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone!
The Zoom call out is specifically in response to a couple comments speculating on the significance of the Zoom call in regards to being pre-production for WIsteria.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 pm
DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone!
Haha. Nice addition to the house style there.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

sheesh, Sabrina has an account here - she should have put us down easy months ago! :lol: Maybe for the 500th page?
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:55 pm
Jasper wrote: Thu Aug 26, 2021 6:27 pm Did Unrecorded Night jinx itself with its very name? Has it always been doomed to become Unfilmed Script as some sort of cosmic joke?
I’m not entirely convinced that this wasn’t always Lynch’s plan. To write the unfilmed anti-movie, as a work of anti-performance art. It would certainly befit the man who had already written possibly the most famous unfilmed movie of all time. Not saying I really believe this, but the title really does beg the question.

Brad D wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:37 pm sheesh, Sabrina has an account here - she should have put us down easy months ago! :lol: Maybe for the 500th page?
Hold on. Are WE the art? Is this thread the real Unrecorded Night? :shock: :lol:
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

"DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives."

You barely have to read between the lines here to draw the conclusion that many of us have already drawn.
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

BGate wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:40 pm "DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives."

You barely have to read between the lines here to draw the conclusion that many of us have already drawn.
You mean - they aren't taking any chances with anyone getting ill on a production, including of course Lynch?

I am not one for speculating about ill health but us fans noted that Lynch had lost some weight a year or so ago - luckily, he is looking rather well now, so that's good. With that in mind though, its more reason for them not to take any chances.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

No, I think they mean that the wording is particular. "Since Covid" implying that, before Covid, something was brewing.
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

AXX°N N. wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:38 pm No, I think they mean that the wording is particular. "Since Covid" implying that, before Covid, something was brewing.
It's even possible that a few months ago, when the outlook seemed much rosier to most, they might have been gearing up for something again, in some way, or at least testing the waters, but then events conspired to scuttle those (hypothetical) efforts.

I'd like to think that something could get going again after the colder, darker months, but making plans that far in advance has gotten very complicated these days, so predicting the plans of others is even trickier. (But we should still totally do it because it's fun.)