Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Mordeen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:29 pm
Jasper wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:55 pmgc_gn_tmp.jpg
tps4_blay.gif

-???????
Attachments
467F32B1-8B91-4595-9228-995E1AB29A3E.jpeg
467F32B1-8B91-4595-9228-995E1AB29A3E.jpeg (88.35 KiB) Viewed 4823 times
"Jade give two rides."
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by enumbs »

I’ve learnt not to get my hopes up, but over Christmas Lynch was saying he was working with “wood, electricity and coffee”. I can certainly think of one Lynch project which includes all these elements.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I’m talking about Twin Peaks by the way.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Thu Apr 14, 2022 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

While I'm a bigger fan of Lovecraft;

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die"

...I belive Poe is more appropriate in this context;

"Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

- ???????
Moving Through Time. . .
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Mordeen wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:31 pm While I'm a bigger fan of Lovecraft;

"That is not dead which can eternal lie, yet with strange aeons even death may die"

...I belive Poe is more appropriate in this context;

"Quoth the Raven, 'Nevermore.'"

- ???????
The prescient Homeric riposte to Poe makes Homer trump both Poe and Lovecraft, in my view.
61cwnt.jpg
61cwnt.jpg (87.18 KiB) Viewed 4497 times
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Mordeen wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 10:29 pm
tps4_blay.gif

-???????
Geez, I've always been so terrified of that shot that I've never noticed Leland's white hair still standing out behind BOB.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Rainwater
RR Diner Member

Post by Rainwater »

enumbs wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:06 pm I’ve learnt not to get my hopes up, but over Christmas Lynch was saying he was working with “wood, electricity and coffee”. I can certainly think of one Lynch project which includes all these elements.
Yeah.. let's be honest, we both know he's talking about a lamp he's making.
I'll see you in the trees
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Before sharing, is FarOutMagazine trustworthy?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

bob_wooler wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 am Before sharing, is FarOutMagazine trustworthy?
if you're referring to this then they're almost certainly basing it off outdated results on a cursory google search rather than insider info.
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-lync ... e-tv-show/
bob_wooler
RR Diner Member

Post by bob_wooler »

Histeria wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:54 am
bob_wooler wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 am Before sharing, is FarOutMagazine trustworthy?
if you're referring to this then they're almost certainly basing it off outdated results on a cursory google search rather than insider info.
https://faroutmagazine.co.uk/david-lync ... e-tv-show/
Yep, that's the one. It was probably just the convincing tone that made me hesitate a little.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Probably because it's the start of a new year but I've seen quite a lot of "What happened to Wisteria/Unrecorded Night?" threads pop up on reddit lately. I don't really use the twinpeaks subreddit on there much, but scrolling through there's been a few of those threads, so we're far from the only part of the fandom waiting for news on it. I'm sure there's probably some on twitter, etc. too.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

The well is really dry on all fronts beyond some over-optimisticly wistful reddit threads. Can't drink full at all. For now, it does seem nevermore.

I do believe — for no apparent reason — that this status will change. Just intuition, I guess. Things can be dead forever one day and then revived the next.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Rainwater wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:42 am
enumbs wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:06 pm I’ve learnt not to get my hopes up, but over Christmas Lynch was saying he was working with “wood, electricity and coffee”. I can certainly think of one Lynch project which includes all these elements.
Yeah.. let's be honest, we both know he's talking about a lamp he's making.
https://youtu.be/E7sByyA0dvs

Today he was thinking about The Platters' My Prayer "to go along with" the project involving wood, electricity and coffee. That's gonna be some amazing lamp.

Pictures of what looks like it could be that project here https://www.instagram.com/p/CYZVUGPlGqU/

Does actually look like a lamp tbh. I was hoping it was a light up gold shovel that we could all call a spade. But hey ho.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

I think it's time for another unannouncement vid from Lynch to perk us up a little bit. It's been almost a year.