Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by underthefan »

Brad D wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:14 am Alright everyone, the thread is unlocked but PLEASE take note:

STAY ON TOPIC. This is a Twin Peaks thread. Not football, politics, Marvel, etc. People come here to talk Twin Peaks. STAY ON TOPIC.

NO MORE NON-CITED RUMORS. The days of bringing rumors to the thread with caveats of "take this with a grain of salt" or "I can't reveal the source" are over. If a script is copyrighted, or a filming schedule is posted in a magazine, please, share it with everyone. If Kyle tweets a photo in a black suit from an interesting location, post away! But the amount of speculation on unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources is creating an untenable thread.

NO MORE PUZZLES/CIPHERS/VAGUE CLUES. If you have news to share, do it. Do not encode it in a puzzle that may or may not mean anything.

BE NICE - the passive aggression and harsh exchanges of late are not enjoyable for anyone. Take it elsewhere.

If the thread continues as it has, the mods will lock it for the foreseeable future. Let's rock!
Thank you, Brad. Thumbs up.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad D wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 6:14 am Alright everyone, the thread is unlocked but PLEASE take note:

STAY ON TOPIC. This is a Twin Peaks thread. Not football, politics, Marvel, etc. People come here to talk Twin Peaks. STAY ON TOPIC.

NO MORE NON-CITED RUMORS. The days of bringing rumors to the thread with caveats of "take this with a grain of salt" or "I can't reveal the source" are over. If a script is copyrighted, or a filming schedule is posted in a magazine, please, share it with everyone. If Kyle tweets a photo in a black suit from an interesting location, post away! But the amount of speculation on unsubstantiated rumors from anonymous sources is creating an untenable thread.

NO MORE PUZZLES/CIPHERS/VAGUE CLUES. If you have news to share, do it. Do not encode it in a puzzle that may or may not mean anything.

BE NICE - the passive aggression and harsh exchanges of late are not enjoyable for anyone. Take it elsewhere.

If the thread continues as it has, the mods will lock it for the foreseeable future. Let's rock!
Thanks Brad. I think the rules are fair and clear.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Much appreciated, Brad et. al. Thanks for keeping things on track.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

In other news, Bridgerton paused filming indefinitely after two positive COVID tests on set and it just goes to show how difficult filming is right now even for the most expensive, high-profile, hugely popular shows and why Lynch and his team may have difficulties getting their project going (if it hasn't been canceled entirely).
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

yeah, even a What Did Jack Do sized under-the-radar production at his house may be difficult, even with only a few actors and crew, that's still a risk of exposure.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Eh, I don't know if anything's happening at all (or even can as you both pointed out above). Just as well the new rules are in place - speculation is good fun and all, but at least it stops us discussing reddit rumours. I'm guessing it's okay to still talk about a cast member who posts wisteria or whatever on social media? I'm assuming that falls under the Kyle-in-a-suit-on-location-somewhere type stuff Brad listed above? But just as well we can't analyse the other stuff - which didn't come to fruition this week as promised anyway. I welcome the break from that kind of thing. Maybe now that we can only speculate within certain parameters, we'll be forced to focus on things that actually might mean something and not get distracted with random rumours. So as well as keeping the thread on track, it will keep all of us on track too, and hopefully a good bit less frustrated.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I really don’t care what is discussed if it is on topic of a possible s4 / Unrecorded Night / Wisteria. I think we come here to have fun and talk about Twin Peaks and that element is needed these days. Speculation and scrutiny are big reasons TP fandom has thrived for so long. I’m just hopeful that if we stick to rumors that actually have some accountability or believability (Lynch comments / copyrights/ wisteria posts I guess?), it will keep tempers from boiling over and not exhaust many people’s patience.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Brad D wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 6:11 am I really don’t care what is discussed if it is on topic of a possible s4 / Unrecorded Night / Wisteria. I think we come here to have fun and talk about Twin Peaks and that element is needed these days. Speculation and scrutiny are big reasons TP fandom has thrived for so long. I’m just hopeful that if we stick to rumors that actually have some accountability or believability (Lynch comments / copyrights/ wisteria posts I guess?), it will keep tempers from boiling over and not exhaust many people’s patience.
Well said. Particularly like Speculation and scrutiny are big reasons TP fandom has thrived for so long. That is so true, especially since the Season 2 cliffhanger ending but even well before, as far back as the pilot lol.

I agree, though, that there should be some sort of citation or jumping off point or as you say accountability - like something posted somewhere, not just "my friend's cousin's friend's neighbour's dog's pet iguana said" (that kind of stuff is probably better via PM or whatever).
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I’ll defer to the other mods. I’ve got better things to do.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

(Note: This was in reply to a post now deleted and Brad's comment above was not in reply to me but to another post that was deleted. Just noting this to avoid confusion for anyone who is reading the thread.)

I agree with Brad and where he's coming from. He used a very apt word - that the thread was becoming "untenable". I'd think most people would agree with that. I thought the rules overall were pretty fair. I don't think it's a big deal to follow them and see how it works out. As for the rest of my post, there's no need for it now so - Silencio.
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Jul 18, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

A ray of hope in Lynch’s weather report today - “Two words: think positive.”
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Debating me or the new rules are exactly what is going to get this thread locked permanently. I recommend accepting the outcome of the bad behavior and moving on. Rules are rules whether you like them or not.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Yeah I didn't start the rules discussions this morning, but I'll erase my post, I don't want to be not moving on.
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

enumbs wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 9:07 am
kingchatterbox wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:51 am I have too much time on my hands today apparently, but I ended up going through all of the weather reports and taking some notes.

- He only talks about his projects on weekends, including references to thinking about things like wood, epoxy, poylester resin, etc. I counted 16 references to something that sounds like painting or one of his projects on either Saturday or Sunday, and exactly 1 reference to 'thinking about oil paint, and how great it smells' on a Tuesday (3/30).

- For the most part he only gives song recommendations on weekdays (there are a few exceptions to this though). Maybe this has something to with KCRW, I don't know, but it seems interesting.

- The last "What is David Working On" video was 11/21 (a Saturday). The last one before that was 10/13 (that, and I believe all the previous ones were on weekdays.)

- Starting 2/27 (Saturday) he starts wishing the audience 'good luck and have fun on your projects', usually on Saturdays, sometimes Sundays (sometimes neither). He says he's starting a new painting on this day, and also says, 'one of these days I'll do a video of what I'm working on.' (But he hasn't yet obviously.)

- 5/29 he starts explicitly referring to these as 'weekend projects'. 7/3 he definitely includes himself, 'I'm hoping we all have a great time with those weekend projects."

The strong implication to me is that he's working on something more 'professional' during the week, and has been for a while.
Today’s weather report could almost be a response to your post.

”Well it’s time for the weekend projects. They may be the same projects we had during the week, but whatever!”
Aha! Proof that he's reading this board!

For real though, sounds like if he was working on something, it's back on hiatus.... Either that or he's ramped up to working on it 7 days a week! :P
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

kingchatterbox wrote: Sun Jul 18, 2021 10:36 am
Aha! Proof that he's reading this board!
I had a similar thought but when I saw his words in the weather video as posted above. I don't think he's really reading the thread (I think Sabrina might from time to time but even then I'm not sure), but the thought did cross my mind. 8)