Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

enumbs
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by enumbs »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am I've been saying for a while now, we don't have anything of at least semi-official capacity that something - anything - is indeed happening here. I know I sound like a broken record, but so far, everyday reality has done nothing to dispute me.
Yawn. You keep on ignoring the fact that Lynch himself said he would have been working on a film or continuing story last year if not for the pandemic.
TwinsPeak
RR Diner Member

Post by TwinsPeak »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...

Could very well be. I've been saying for a while now, we don't have anything of at least semi-official capacity that something - anything - is indeed happening here. I know I sound like a broken record, but so far, everyday reality has done nothing to dispute me.
We dont have an official announcement but we have alot of maybe's. Lynch getting the rights to TP, the 13 scripts, the would be working if not for covid. Most of IG photos are random and not teases. But some aren't. Seyfried in front of the wisteria. Fenn posting Wisteria. Dern has confirmed something is happening. Mordeen is talking about trees again. etc
"Wanting something to be different will not make it so." "Explaining a different rule is not complaining for months. A lie will never be true." - Dale Cooper: My Life, My Tapes.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

Agent Earle wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:40 am
underthefan wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:12 am Unless potential teasing is really not teasing at all and people are just reading what they want into it...

Could very well be. I've been saying for a while now, we don't have anything of at least semi-official capacity that something - anything - is indeed happening here. I know I sound like a broken record, but so far, everyday reality has done nothing to dispute me.
Hi, companion broken record, here.

The fact that Lynch copyrighted thirteen scripts for something called ‘Unrecorded Night’ is absolutely indisputable. So he has at the very least written something he intended to film. And that alone is incredibly exciting to me.

And Production Weekly, a reliable industry publication, said production on Wisteria was intended to begin in May. No evidence that that has happened, admittedly, but there was something in the works, even if it was maybe delayed/abandoned.

So I don’t think it’s fair to say that we don’t have ANY evidence.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Something needs to give soon. We are stuck in an eternal cycle right now discussing the same months old info over and over again. Then analysing to death social media photos of flowers. Then we all bicker for a bit, apologise then RESET.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

sneakydave wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:57 am Something needs to give soon. We are stuck in an eternal cycle right now discussing the same months old info over and over again. Then analysing to death social media photos of flowers. Then we all bicker for a bit, apologise then RESET.
Yeah, I’ve actually finally reached the point of being a tad annoyed. The Lynch non-announcement etc. didn’t bother me at all. But this has gotten SO dragged-out, and the parties involved absolutely know what is going on in the fan community over the past months and months.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Fotokem are experts in finishing edits for transfers of celluloid film. He's there smoking on the balcony (hehe) so it's likely to do with celluloid, right?

Would Inland Empire be a Fotokem job? Is is it more likely previously recorded footage shot on film?

Not to honk that crazy horn again but Half Mermaid tweeted about celluloid being highly flammable. And the company director Sam Burlow discussed how the idea for this project came from being shown footage film feels of a "Monroe-style" actor's long-lost films by a "really strange man" in Hollywood.

https://youtu.be/49l_EQI08s4

Again, he uses them a lot and has friends there so the likelier scenario is he's overseeing the transfer of Inland Empire's Criterion remaster.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Inland Empire remastering would be a Fotokem job yeah. They have scanning equipment to re-scan the 35mm blow up and to color grade and conform it.

Fotokem does still have a film processing lab and film-related equipment, but I believe they did all the color correction on Twin Peaks The Return, and probably the file conversions too. Arri Raw I think is the native output from Alexa cameras, and you generally still need post services to get things transcoded and synced. It's hard for a post business 'post death of celluloid' to stay in business being entirely film dependent, so most post houses tend to have expanded to a range of digital services.
madeleineferguson
RR Diner Member

Post by madeleineferguson »

Realistically, could Lynch film the entire project without making any announcement about it?
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I'll go one further.

Realistically, could Lynch work on two concurrent projects at once without anyone realising?
Hester Prynne
RR Diner Member

Post by Hester Prynne »

Maybe something is going on behind the scenes contractually where they can’t say anything too obvious — can networks require NDAs for all parties involved? I know there were NDAs for The Return, but did Lynch initiate those or Showtime? I’m not in the film biz so don’t know how that works.

It does feel like taunting after a while, but I don’t think that’s the intent or that they would do that to fans, even though I share in the frustration. I’m sure they have more important things to focus on (hopefully a production). I wonder if it’s more just winking at fans to let them know something’s up and to keep the excitement going, or maybe they are trying to force the network’s hand to make an announcement if something has stalled. I agree that all of the various posts seem too related to be coincidental, though. Like everyone else, I don’t know what they would mean other than whatever it is being very purple.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I feel if if was upto the network they'd announce far sooner. Imagine the PR liason meetings:

"So everyone on twitter who mentioned our show thinks it's Twin Peaks. Every Twin Peaks community is at each others' throats because they think it's Twin Peaks. It's not Twin Peaks, but 90% of the discourse surrounding our show is speculation on whether it IS Twin Peaks. Let's just continue letting this escalate for five months and hope that sense of anticipation is transferable when we finally announce that Marylin Monroe biopic/Elephant Man sequel/Video Game tie-in we ordered."

"Sounds good! That's the foresight we pay you for."
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Histeria wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:12 am Is the agency impersonating him when he engages directly with fans every night on Tik Tok via video, including the dissemination, creation and solicitation of said hip memes? Do they have a doppelganger locked up somewhere with a phone?

Of course he has agencies managing the accounts. That's not exclusive of him actually using the accounts himself. It's not like he has Full Picture staffers following him around on his holiday to Hawaii.
Ultimately not really sure any of this matters in terms of getting back to 'Is Wisteria happening and are these [tweets] coordinated hints?' because who physically types and press send is sort of irrelevant either way. But my opinion about his account is that many of the tweets are handled on his behalf in a kind of agreed house style. And in terms of the Hawaii holiday example, I'd expect he has a social media agent who recommends photo ops for him etc and either posts on his behalf (with access to the account and iCloud) or prompts him to do so at relevant times and based on what their interactions/trends are showing them would be good. See: memes.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

madeleineferguson wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 11:37 am Realistically, could Lynch film the entire project without making any announcement about it?
if it's small scale like Rabbits or What Did Jack Do, shot at his house, yeah, i think that can be done on the downlow.

If it's an actual $85 mill production that requires locations, trailers, 50+ crew,
i dunno.. i feel like there would be some sort of PR announcement

El Camino pulled it off largely, but as folks have pointed out, it was 50 shooting days, not 200,
only i think 1 or 2 days for Cranston, who they hid in a rental house, flew on a private jet back and forth to New Mexico,
some permits were under Better Call Saul,
Adrian Paul said he was doing an indie called Greenbriar I think
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Trying to catch up on the flurry of new psots. I've made it through three or four pages so that's most of them - seems I haven't missed much today?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 12:33 pm
El Camino pulled it off largely, but as folks have pointed out, it was 50 shooting days, not 200,
only i think 1 or 2 days for Cranston, who they hid in a rental house, flew on a private jet back and forth to New Mexico,
some permits were under Better Call Saul,
Adrian Paul said he was doing an indie called Greenbriar I think
They weren’t fooling anyone who was paying attention, though. The Internet caught on right away. Probably easier for Lynch’s production if it’s largely studio based.