Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by sneakydave »

Imagine it was hiding in plain sight calling itself Blue Rose. :D :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Does anybody know where Mark Frost said something along the lines of “it’s too early to tell and that’s all I can say” in regards to Season 4. I believe he said it last year but I can’t seem to find it
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Got it had to go through Fatecolossal’s thread. His response always stood out to me as something.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 19488?s=21
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I think the 'too early' part stems from his Digital Spy interview in 2017

Q - t's called The Final Dossier – is that it for you and Twin Peaks?

A - "It's too early to say that. I wrote The Final Dossier as the final report from Agent Preston on the events of Season 3. It was really more about where it fit in the sequence of the character's development. It's too early to say about any possible future of the show from here on out."

https://www.digitalspy.com/tv/ustv/a842 ... interview/
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I think I was mixing up quotes from him and that’s why I couldn’t find it originally. But the tweet that I sent above was from an interview in 2020
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm back writing (for now anyway - let's hope it lasts, fingers crossed) so trying to spend less time online. In my brief dip in today, I will note that I see fatecolossal mentioned Sabrina had an interesting response to a fan speculating on Wisteria on one of her S3 BTS photos.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 4798068739

Sabrina Sutherland (TWIN PEAKS EP) posted a bts photo of Lucky 7 Insurance on IG today, with the caption 'First you think it’s a Hopper painting and then realize it’s…💜.'

A fan commented, "Wisteria is coming," & she responded: "absolutely not from anything but my past"
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I think this is the first time someone from the Lynch World has publicly commented on Wisteria/UN

Also good luck with the writing Jonah!
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 22, 2021 9:58 am Does anybody know where Mark Frost said something along the lines of “it’s too early to tell and that’s all I can say” in regards to Season 4. I believe he said it last year but I can’t seem to find it
Twin Peaks Unwrapped podcast interview during the book launch with Bushman. March or April 2020.

It was a direct question about when we would hear about S4. He responded with "it’s to early to say. That's the easiest way I can answer that question."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I listened to the podcast. march, 2020. fantastic stuff. the question about season 4 is around 47:37.

they appear to have a live audience, so it's just before lockdown, but social distancing gets a mention.

someone finally asks him about Hank Worden riffing on The Searchers, which I always thought must be a Frost movie buff homage.

https://twinpeaksunwrapped.podbean.com/ ... ark-frost/
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I do think it’s interesting that Frost hasn’t shut down a fourth season and Lynch has definitely toyed with the idea through various interviews and what not. To me at least it shows that they don’t see the ending of The Return as THE ending
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I agree, it is curious. If the Return ending was the end, why do all this wiggle room in press interviews.

curious too, when he is asked about choosing 'The Final Dossier' as a book title and then in the Digital Spy interview, he says well, it's the Final report for Tammy.

His verbiage of 'too early' is interesting. he's said that a few times. 2017 initially, and again in 2020.

his quote in indiewire is - “We’ll make the decision when the time is right. There certainly is no sense of urgency about it.”

makes me think maybe they want Kyle to age into it / more time to pass, so it would more of an epilogue with Cooper as an old man.

overall, the Unwrapped podcast is fantastic. I like MF's showbiz stories about Bochco et all, and his comments on the Dougie storyline are really interesting. He acknowledges that storyline may have gone on too long for many viewers.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Jonah wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:55 am Coffee time.

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 9221851142
The last words he said was “Think Positive”. Interesting.

Also with the amount of happy endings we got in The Return whether it was with Norma and Big Ed, Janey E, I do believe that they want to give Coop a happy ending.

I think what makes it even worse is knowing that it’s both Coop and Laura who are sent to a fate unknown.
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

'Think Positive' may have to do with life in general, Getting past the pandemic and such.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 10:05 am 'Think Positive' may have to do with life in general, Getting past the pandemic and such.
Yeah that’s most certainly the case. But if you consider that it’s the two words in a row it’s Think Positive (TP), and then Coffee Time (which is a Gordon Cole line)
"Jade give two rides."