Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:09 pm Deming’s comments are definitely more optimistic for me than not. If the project was truly cancelled I think he would’ve said so.
Or, he'd know at the very least — even if he didn't say so.

And if he did know it was canceled for good he wouldn't be saying the opposite.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:16 pm
DougieJones wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 1:09 pm Deming’s comments are definitely more optimistic for me than not. If the project was truly cancelled I think he would’ve said so.
Or, he'd know at the very least — even if he didn't say so.

And if he did know it was canceled for good he wouldn't be saying the opposite.
Yeah for him to say “I think” and “I don’t know when” is interesting. Considering he’s the cinematographer for the project he would most likely be kept in the know.
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

I'm quite surprised to hear this, but this is actually very good news! Basically, a confirmation that something was in the works, and it gives us hope that someday the production might start again. Nice!
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

This is my take on it too. Or he would have said nothing at all. I still think it was going to be Peaks related. There was too much going on at the time for it not to be. Can only hope beyond hope that it happens one day. Cos I miss the hell out of that world.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

sneakydave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:28 pm
This is my take on it too. Or he would have said nothing at all. I still think it was going to be Peaks related. There was too much going on at the time for it not to be. Can only hope beyond hope that it happens one day. Cos I miss the hell out of that world.
My sentiments exactly. (I guess you haven't picked a bad moment to check this forum again after all :))
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I'm still not convinced it's TP related myself but open to the possibility. If it is, the Netflix thing doesn't make sense to me, for one, given it should be on Showtime. Then Mark Frost seemingly not being involved, denying he's involved, name removed on filings. All that stuff raises a lot of questions. Just mentioning it briefly as we've spent over 500 pages (!) discussing stuff like that. But those things raise doubts for me that it's more Twin Peaks, though I hope it is. Seems like we can be mostly sure though that whatever it is - whether TP related or an original Lynch show or a combo of both - it was planned and is on hold right now, which is better news than we're had on here in a long time.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Stavrogyn wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:39 pm
sneakydave wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:28 pm
My sentiments exactly. (I guess you haven't picked a bad moment to check this forum again after all :))
Glad I popped my head back in. :D
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Anyone else feel this was coordinated at some level or another?
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 3:38 pm Anyone else feel this was coordinated at some level or another?
Sneakydave coming back just when relatively solid info breaks? Yes! sneakydave = Lynch confirmed
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Hah!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yep. This was also confirmed here: http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4307 8)
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Soolsma wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 8:21 pm My gut and my heart both tell me we'll surely be in for another Lynch project before he transcends into collective consciousness or the unified field. But, like the song goes...
Funny about riddles and confirmation. But as the song goes...

DON'T SPEAK

- Mordeen

Edit: Yes, like.
Moving Through Time. . .
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Couldn't decide which of these to go with so opted for both. 8)

Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

The latter. A song.

- Mordeen
Moving Through Time. . .
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

As a child of 90's, when I read "Don't speak", in my head there was no doubt...