Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Hopper
Roadhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Hopper »

Back to depression mode. At least we had some fun. This is very frustrating but I'm not gonna lie: I enjoy playing like a detective (a very online, very weird detective) with leaks and clues in search for The Lynch. My life doesn't suck but, honestly, is not very exciting neither, and things like this brings at least some joy and some hope for me.

Anyway, guys. Until the next crazy rumour. See you in Tulpa, I guess.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Histeria »

sneakydave wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:00 am What do we talk about now?
Production Weekly vs Production List: The Rematch.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

I think I’m going to say goodbye to this board and keep my fingers crossed about having something to talk about at the other place next week. Thanks again to everyone for all the great discussions over the years!
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

Maybe this'll be my last post on dugpa. Signing out, see you on tulpa, huge thanks again to the forum admins. End of an era!
slacker345

Post by slacker345 »

Disappointing for sure, but the other David - Cronenberg - is in competition, and this just-released teaser trailer is very promising.. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVX7df79BNo
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Was up most of the night finally dozing off around dawn, then happened to wake up just in time for this (I didn't set an alarm or anything, just happened to wake up in time). I should have stayed asleep lol.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Hopper wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:02 am Back to depression mode. At least we had some fun. This is very frustrating but I'm not gonna lie: I enjoy playing like a detective (a very online, very weird detective) with leaks and clues in search for The Lynch. My life doesn't suck but, honestly, is not very exciting neither, and things like this brings at least some joy and some hope for me.

Anyway, guys. Until the next crazy rumour. See you in Tulpa, I guess.
Same Hopper. I got into full detective mode this week and it was great. Unfortunately, it has turned into yet another crushing disappointment.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

baxter wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:55 am That's it! Those who want to hope can hope that Lynch gets added next week I guess.
If it was Lynch he'd almost certainly be the opening film for the festival's anniversary though, right? I'll take him at his word that he has "no project at Cannes". If he had been shutting down rumours to try to stop it being spoiled, it would only make sense it was the opening or something. With that now ruled out, while - yes - he still could have another one announced late, I think it's now even unlikelier than it already was.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:09 am
baxter wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:55 am That's it! Those who want to hope can hope that Lynch gets added next week I guess.
If it was Lynch he'd almost certainly be the opening film for the festival's anniversary though, right?
Not necessarily. It theoretically could turn up mid festival as the centerpiece.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Did he say he will have no project at Cannes or he has no project at Cannes?

Also, no sign of what his "there's something at Cannes even though I don't know there's something at Cannes but there is something by somone just wait and see". That hasn't been announced, either.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Yeah I was just thinking about that.

What project that he knows is by someone was announced? I can’t think of any.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Cde. wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:10 am
Jonah wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:09 am
If it was Lynch he'd almost certainly be the opening film for the festival's anniversary though, right?
Not necessarily. It theoretically could turn up mid festival as the centerpiece.
I thought the opening film was the biggest deal? But if there's a centerpiece, I wasn't aware of that. Makes sense I guess. I've poured enough cold water here so I'll just say - let's wait and see. I think Lynch is telling the truth, though.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

still possible Happy Worker or that other thing he EP'd is in Director's Fortnight.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I think where I’m at now is that there is a project whether it’s a movie or series by him and it’ll drop whenever. The waiting game continues!
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:18 am still possible Happy Worker or that other thing he EP'd is in Director's Fortnight.
That's a lowkey rumour I think we could all get on board with.