Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by DougieJones »

Lynch having a meeting today definitely raised my eyebrows. Immediately after I saw that fatecolossal tweet I saw a headline that an American baseball player Doug Jones passed away. The sheep from the lodges are trying to tell us something!
"Jade give two rides."
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Stavrogyn »

This meeting sounds interesting but it's kind of a shame not to see more reactions here. Half a year ago something like that would make this thread explode.

I guess it's sort of a "the boy who cried wolf" situation at this point, even though Lynch himself did that only once.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Exactly, yes. I saw the posts but just filed them in the Wait & See category in my mind. After all, a meeting could be lots of things - personal, banking, etc., not necessarily related to a show at all.

I think it's impossible to sustain interest in speculation over a very long, extended period of time without the hype dying down here and there, but I think Lynch really put a lot of people off with that video where he said an announcement was coming. So now a mention of a meeting will get some ears to prick up but most people will wait and see if more comes from it before boarding Excitement Train for fear of being transferred to Disappointment Station again. And all those social media posts by Sabrina - I think they too have annoyed some people, though I think mostly she was just sharing throwback photos, not hinting. Now let me just clarify - I'm not blaming Lynch or Sabrina. They're entitled to post and do and say whatever they want. I'm just saying if it's made people wary to trust anything speculative now then they can't really be surprised.

But, yes, you're right - six months to a year ago, a post like that would have generated pages and pages of speculation. It would have been hopping. Maybe even three months ago there would have been more interest. I think there's just been a lot of dead-ends in this thread since then that have made people take a more cautious approach. Plus our American friends are no doubt busy enough right now with the week that's in it (Thanksgiving is today).

The news of a meeting didn't excite me much but I will say that between that and Deming's recent comment it's reasonable to think they might be trying to get the project back off the ground again or shopping it to other studios if Netflix has bailed. I just wouldn't get my hopes up at the moment until more is revealed. So all this stuff is staying in the Wait & See area for now and I'm sure many people are following a similar approach.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
baxter
Great Northern Member

Post by baxter »

My excitement is purely tempered by Covid. Until I see it as feasible that something could happen within restrictions, I won't believe anything is happening.

I really believe that there is something there to happen though.
Stavrogyn
RR Diner Member

Post by Stavrogyn »

baxter wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm My excitement is purely tempered by Covid. Until I see it as feasible that something could happen within restrictions, I won't believe anything is happening.
I think it's very likely that COVID is still the main issue, and if it is, no one could blame Lynch for being extra cautious and waiting for things to get better. The only thing that saddens me a bit is the fact that his project seems to be stuck in limbo, while so many other TV and film projects are being filmed and released, and I, as a consumer, don't feel like anything is different in the faraway world of Hollywood than back in 2019 or before. There are so many new films coming out that I'm excited about, and for most of them I'll be going to the theater (mind you, the COVID numbers in my country are currently literally 100 times worse than last year during the period when we had a lockdown), that I just feel like it's a shame if the pandemic is still prevening the project I would be most excited about from happening.
All those years living the life of someone I didn't even know - Knight of Cups (2015)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Stavrogyn wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 1:49 am
baxter wrote: Thu Nov 25, 2021 8:26 pm My excitement is purely tempered by Covid. Until I see it as feasible that something could happen within restrictions, I won't believe anything is happening.
I think it's very likely that COVID is still the main issue, and if it is, no one could blame Lynch for being extra cautious and waiting for things to get better. The only thing that saddens me a bit is the fact that his project seems to be stuck in limbo, while so many other TV and film projects are being filmed and released, and I, as a consumer, don't feel like anything is different in the faraway world of Hollywood than back in 2019 or before. There are so many new films coming out that I'm excited about, and for most of them I'll be going to the theater (mind you, the COVID numbers in my country are currently literally 100 times worse than last year during the period when we had a lockdown), that I just feel like it's a shame if the pandemic is still prevening the project I would be most excited about from happening.
Not only are there more productions than probably ever currently shooting (streaming wars and making up for lost time & content bottlenecks) but film sets are probably the safest places to work covid-wise.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

Histeria wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 4:52 am film sets are probably the safest places to work covid-wise.
How so? :?: :?: :?:

Some time later . . .

I guess I'll never know. :(
Last edited by Jasper on Tue Nov 30, 2021 3:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Went to watch the weather report and it says “Unlisted”. This might mean some of the reports are indeed pre-recorded and Sabrina unlocks them at a certain time.
Attachments
0AF2FE33-823A-452C-AD73-F0ADA98E643C.jpeg
0AF2FE33-823A-452C-AD73-F0ADA98E643C.jpeg (604.26 KiB) Viewed 5231 times
"Jade give two rides."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 am Went to watch the weather report and it says “Unlisted”. This might mean some of the reports are indeed pre-recorded and Sabrina unlocks them at a certain time.
No, the upload time is still the upload afaik. She makes the uploads them but doesn't list them until the social media links are up so people see it on twitter/insta first. Otherwise, people subscribed on YouTube would see them as soon as they're uploaded. Unlisted videos can still be seen but you have to directly click the link to them otherwise they're invisible while browsing YouTube and his channel.

Sometimes she forgets to make it listed again after posting the links on Instagram.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:21 am
DougieJones wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 am Went to watch the weather report and it says “Unlisted”. This might mean some of the reports are indeed pre-recorded and Sabrina unlocks them at a certain time.
No, the upload time is still the upload afaik. She makes the uploads them but doesn't list them until the social media links are up so people see it on twitter/insta first. Otherwise, people subscribed on YouTube would see them as soon as they're uploaded. Unlisted videos can still be seen but you have to directly click the link to them otherwise they're invisible while browsing YouTube and his channel.

Sometimes she forgets to make it listed again after posting the links on Instagram.
And I thought I found something!
"Jade give two rides."
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Soolsma wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:40 pm I'll alert him.
Agent Earle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 am Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Hi Earle, check it out :)

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8757832705
Yes, guys, I was aware of that let's call it semi-official semi-confirmation that something was definitely in the works, but thanks, anyway. I don't share the good will of the majority of you, however, as I find little to be optimistic and hopeful about the future of this mysterious project - this Covid thing looks to be determined to stay with us on a permanent basis and Lynch isn't getting any younger. Nor is anyone else, for that matter.
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

Oof. That's our Earle. =D
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Soolsma wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:47 pm Oof. That's our Earle. =D
:o
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
Mordeen
Great Northern Member

Post by Mordeen »

Agent Earle wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:03 pm
Soolsma wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:40 pm I'll alert him.
Agent Earle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:56 am Which hasn't been confirmed by anyone official in any capacity.
Hi Earle, check it out :)

https://twitter.com/fatecolossal/status ... 8757832705
Yes, guys, I was aware of that let's call it semi-official semi-confirmation that something was definitely in the works, but thanks, anyway. I don't share the good will of the majority of you, however, as I find little to be optimistic and hopeful about the future of this mysterious project - this Covid thing looks to be determined to stay with us on a permanent basis and Lynch isn't getting any younger. Nor is anyone else, for that matter.
I would recommend South Park "Post Covid" as required viewing for this post.

No difference in my opinion or info as to why the yawn factor is at 11/10 at this point.

Megatron. Omicron, Decepticon, Autobots, Antibodies. Roll Out. Of Sand.

Twin Peaks was awesome.

End of line.

- Mordtron
Moving Through Time. . .