Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by JackwithOneEye »

the copyrighted scripts do exist for Unreorded. Production Weekly listings and the guy on Reddit could be bullshit, but there's some kernel there with the scripts, so she can't completely deny it. Much more flattering rumor to be making/ pitching a show for Netflix too. Considering his talents, skills, abilities, running/managing a nightclub he didn't even design is a frustrating one to have out there.
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

Post by Jasper »

Behold! The Lynchrise above the Unified Field! :lol:

Lynchrise.jpg
Lynchrise.jpg (69.62 KiB) Viewed 4694 times
It is insufficient to merely wish for new work. We must expect it.

(Welcome to page 499.)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

No one is stopping you guys from starting a thread of riddles and puzzles etc. Please, go for it.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

The puzzle/cipher thread is unlocked! Knock yourselves out

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=4302
Last edited by Jonah on Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Thanks Brad. Added link to thread.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 pm FYI Sabrina replied to a /r/davidlynch reddit thread asking about Wisteria updates with:
Last year’s Zoom was just a check-in with everyone who has worked with DL at his office. It had nothing to do with anything but friends saying hi. Just FYI.

DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone!
The Zoom call out is specifically in response to a couple comments speculating on the significance of the Zoom call in regards to being pre-production for WIsteria.
https://www.reddit.com/r/davidlynch/com ... /_/hccv9lv

Didn't realise she posted that message to a thread unprompted, without anyone directly mentioning that Zoom call. Hmm.

Also:

https://www.reddit.com/r/davidlynch/com ... /_/ha8nyr8

Sabrina's reddit copypasta knowledge leaves a lot to be desired. I find this response very endearing.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Histeria wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:02 pm
Ickles wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:02 pm FYI Sabrina replied to a /r/davidlynch reddit thread asking about Wisteria updates with:
Last year’s Zoom was just a check-in with everyone who has worked with DL at his office. It had nothing to do with anything but friends saying hi. Just FYI.

DL is only focused on his artwork and our YouTube channel right now - as has been the case since last year when COVID entered our lives.

Enjoy your day and stay safe everyone!
The Zoom call out is specifically in response to a couple comments speculating on the significance of the Zoom call in regards to being pre-production for WIsteria.
https://www.reddit.com/r/davidlynch/com ... /_/hccv9lv

Didn't realise she posted that message to a thread unprompted, without anyone directly mentioning that Zoom call. Hmm.
She didn't reply to it directly but there's another comment in the thread:
Earlier this year there was a lot of talk of production starting in May, and then not long after that there was a photo of Sabrina Sutherland in some sort of zoom type meeting with a bunch of other people that were involved in the making of season 3 or other Lynch related projects...

Which made me think that an announcement or some news of some sort would be imminent, the fact that we've heard nothing has made me wonder if the project has been cancelled behind the scenes or something, which I'm guessing happens a lot, hopefully not though.

Just found a link to a post making reference to the above mentioned web meeting
So I think she was doing an all-encompassing reply.
FullBlossomOfTheEve

Post by FullBlossomOfTheEve »

Attachments
Clipboard.tif
Clipboard.tif (382.8 KiB) Viewed 3904 times
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Hmm.

The image doesn't work so I'll paste it here for posterity:
canthaveit wrote:I can confirm that Wisteria is no longer in development at Netflix. It's possible that it maybe goes to someone else or maybe they start production again at a later unknown date. But it is not moving forward under the original contracts.

Not sure if it was Lynch's decision or Netflix's decision but that's it for now.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Is this the same poster who posted information previously?
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

sneakydave wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:11 am Is this the same poster who posted information previously?
Yeah. The one with access to Netflix production documents.

Let's all stalk Paramount+ now, I guess :mrgreen:

(Let's not)
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

As someone who always put a bit of faith in that particular redditor, I find this very disappointing. Wait and see I guess.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

LateReg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:15 am As someone who always put a bit of faith in that particular redditor, I find this very disappointing. Wait and see I guess.
Yep. Though the project moving from Netfix to another service has been a subject of speculation before. Especially after ViacomCBS decided to go fully in-house after the Lynch agreed the deal with Netflix.

I still don't think the project has died completely. And I still think they'd find a way to gently let us know if it was.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Think I've come to my own peace with the fact that whatever this was is dead in the water. So I'm not as gutted by this news as I could have been.

I'll keep an eye out in case it has indeed moved to another platform but for now, I've given up on it.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Fair response. My heart sank like a brick at first but thinking back at the flurry of "positive feelings" and such very recently I don't get the intuitive sense that they're acting as if whatever was before Covid now isn't and never will be.

However, that's based on nothing but vibes (isn't everything?).

Edit: grasping at straws but is it impossible that they merely rustled up a new contract? It happened for The Return, so..
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."