Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Agent Earle »

Maybe it was not Lynch who was spotted in Montana but his tulpa.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

I’m fairly certain it’s in the trailer! It’s either a Subaru or a Hyundai. I’m slipping at the moment
mtwentz
Lodge Member

Post by mtwentz »

Brad D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 8:44 am I’m fairly certain it’s in the trailer! It’s either a Subaru or a Hyundai. I’m slipping at the moment
But Lynch definitely doesn't use his vehicle as a status symbol, right?
F*&^ you Gene Kelly
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Mr. Reindeer wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:37 am
Brad D wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:19 am
Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:57 pm If that's how he travelled to Montana, the next season of Twin Peaks - or whatever Wisteria/Unrecorded Night is - should be especially interesting. 8)
Speaking of travel, pretty sure Lynch had his silver Hyundai in Snoqualmie for the WA shoot. It is parked at the double R in an establishing shot 😂
LateReg will love this (in terms of the way it fits with his “reality invading fiction” theory of the show)!
Haha, that's great!

I'm thinking it's probably in the establishing shot in Part 5, introducing the diner. Which also happens to be one of the most digital-looking shots in the series. Although I don't know which car I'm looking for, I'm thinking it's probably there!
Jasper
Bookhouse Member

Post by Jasper »

NormoftheAndes wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:52 am
Jonah wrote: Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:11 pm Guys, remember, let's keep it civil and friendly. A source was provided. A secondary one granted and it's not quite a cited rumour but it's not speculation about the show either, just an aside, so it doesn't really break the rules. It's just a couple of comments about where Lynch was apparently spotted. Let's leave it at that for now, see if anything else (such as pictures of him there) comes out. No need to dwell on it more than that for now.
I hope I'm not breaking any rules! Jasper is free to make any jokes about this, I'm as wary as anyone about this info and a little humour goes a long way to alleviate any over-seriousness here. :D
My posts are strictly friendly humor. :D

No ill will towards Norm or Norm's posts whatsoever!

I think Lynch driving a Hyundai is the important thing here.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Saw this on reddit. Pretty suggestive instagram post by Rebekah del Rio. At first I thought it was only about the MD remaster, but I have to admit it's very heavily TP-related. Realistically I doubt Rebekah del Rio is announcing Season 4 on her Instagram. If such a thing even was happening, it would be announced by some combination of Lynch/Frost/Sabrina/Showtime/Netflix, etc. So this is probably just an MD thing or a TP music thing at most, but the only reason I'm even bothering to mention it here after seeing it on reddit is that it is very suggestive and might fuel a bit of fun speculation.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comm ... ram_story/

Just a head's up - anyone else who also isn't into social media and doesn't have an Instagram account, you may not be able to see it without creating one. For anyone who can't view it, it begins with her whispering, then a caption that says "Something is happening..." We see her hand go to a record player and start a record playing. Another caption reads "you know the one" and the No Stars song begins about "returning to the place where it all began", while she zooms her camera in on two - I presume scarves, cloths of some kind anyway - one in the zig-zag red room floor pattern, the other like the red curtains, and zooms in, ending on the red curtains (it reminded me a bit of the opening credits of The Return).

The reddit poster put a recap of the video more succintcly than me -

DarknessOfFuturePast:
Something is Happening... You know the one... Back where it all began... Stay Tuned (Red curtains, Black Lodge floor pattern, and 'No Stars'!) ...... And that looks like a Blue Rose in there too!! ..... And the owl symbol!!
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I mean it's not the first or tenth time some people have used constructive ambiguity to exploit hunger for Unrecorded Night info and promote their own stuff. Some of them would literally reply or react to every single comment apart from the ones asking if they're referencing Lynch's new show or not :mrgreen:

On whether it's a date for an album release or something like that, it should be noted she has a song called 11.11 and has signed off on posts with that before (or so I've gathered from people who follow her). Could be less a future date and more a signature or something.

Tentatively Intriguing, but let's see.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Histeria wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:51 am Tentatively Intriguing, but let's see.
Agreed. Yeah, it could just be a new song/album - probably that is what it is. Maybe it has some TP imagery or she's inspired by it. If anything, it probably means nothing is happening in TP world right now because if it was they'd be trying to stop her from posting things like that especially with dates. It might also be a new festival announcement or something - but I say it's related to her music.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Histeria wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:51 am I mean it's not the first or tenth time some people have used constructive ambiguity to exploit hunger for Unrecorded Night info and promote their own stuff. Some of them would literally reply or react to every single comment apart from the ones asking if they're referencing Lynch's new show or not :mrgreen:

On whether it's a date for an album release or something like that, it should be noted she has a song called 11.11 and has signed off on posts with that before (or so I've gathered from people who follow her). Could be less a future date and more a signature or something.

Tentatively Intriguing, but let's see.
This. Likely promoting a new album by getting her fanbase intrigued enough to pay attention. But hey, it got my attention enough to make a post on here. Something I've not done in a while as I'm more or less resigned to the fact that nothing is happening or if it was, it has been delayed or cancelled.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I had been more hopeful but as we move rapidly towards Page 500 with no more news, I'm now also feeling the same way. I think maybe something was moving forward at one point - but got delayed or cancelled, as you say, hopefully the former, not the latter. I'm also back to thinking it's probably an original series or TP-adjacent at best, not Twin Peaks itself. But guess we'll see. Or not. I'm willing to let go of it for a bit, give Lynch some time to paint and chill. I'm sure if something is in the works again, we'll hear at some point.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in...

https://northbendwa.gov/CivicAlerts.aspx?AID=1393

Sorry, I don't know how to properly embed web links.

Filming in North Bend next week. Due to privacy issues, they're not saying who it is.

Thanks to @TwinPeaksBlog in Twitter for tweeting this info.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

sneakydave, stop - what are you doing to me?!?! ;) I finally get on board and say nothing's probably happening, and then you drop this - not that it necessarily means anything (could be anything), but still....
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

I live in Seattle and frequently visit North Bend (just went up last weekend to catch a movie at a great old theater up there). Not to burst anyone's bubble but there are a fair amount of productions that shoot stuff around there quite often. Just a couple months ago a buddy of mine who lives in the area said there was a film crew at Twede's (aka the RR) for several hours. Nothing at the scale of TP but lots of smaller indie things/commercials are shot up there all the time, including stuff that's a homage to Lynch/TP. Definitely an interesting development though! Might try to take another trip up there next week to see what's going on if I can sneak away from work
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Yeah and I think there was filming in the area mentioned on here a few times. Logically, I don't think this is Peaks at all - I mean, I really want to believe it is and it's second-unit stuff prepping for a mostly studio-set/LA-based shoot, but it seems too soon and too good to be true, and other stuff that filmed there that we discussed on here turned out to be nothing, at least a couple of times. But yet ..... And still .....
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Och I don't actually think it's related to Twin Peaks.

But it's nice to dream.....
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*