Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Ickles »

But do you think it's possible that while your source means well and is being truthful based on what they know, they might have been given purposely misleading information by their source(s)? For example, if Sabrina/Lynch/the extremely inner circle want to be able to make TP S4 as secretly as possible and keep the production as close to the vest as they can, would they possibly tell those not directly involved that there's this other thing that's not TP that's happening first to kind of draw some heat away from the TP hype so they can make it in comparative peace and quiet? It seems like all the leaks and tidbits from S3 really didn't sit well with Lynch and co.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Ickles wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:21 pm But do you think it's possible that while your source means well and is being truthful based on what they know, they might have been given purposely misleading information by their source(s)? For example, if Sabrina/Lynch/the extremely inner circle want to be able to make TP S4 as secretly as possible and keep the production as close to the vest as they can, would they possibly tell those not directly involved that there's this other thing that's not TP that's happening first to kind of draw some heat away from the TP hype so they can make it in comparative peace and quiet? It seems like all the leaks and tidbits from S3 really didn't sit well with Lynch and co.
Yeah I do think it’s possible that Lynch and Co. are trying to throw people off the scent by sending out misinformation. Its very possible that the info I was told is wrong and part of the aforementioned misinformation campaign. Obviously I can’t go too much into detail regarding my source but I will say that it’s possible because of the channels the information came from. But again they were definitive in saying that UN will be an original project at Netflix that Lynch is currently focused on, then TP4 comes after and that both Kyle and Laura Dern are locked in.
"Jade give two rides."
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Metamorphia wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 4:13 pm
Jonah wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:24 pm Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Could be a remote directing station I suppose and maybe some sort of production or pre-production is going on. We'll see, I suppose, but I'm mostly deciding to dismiss those rumours now, though maybe not entirely. I can't see any announcements being made, though.
That pic isn't new though is it? It's pre hair cut by the looks of things.
winter clothes looks like too.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Jonah wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:56 pm Not directing this at you, Dougie, but at those who are claiming to know insider knowledge - the story seems to always change. It just makes me more skeptical. If anything, I could see Twin Peaks ending up as a movie, not Unrecorded Night - which was copyrighted as thirteen episodes. Unless that's Twin Peaks and the other project - also known as Wisteria - is a movie or something shorter for Netflix. But, yeah, the constant changing story and speculation just tells me these rumour spreaders don't know all that much and are just guessing like everyone else. I'm willing to believe a couple of people might have seen studio documents, but I doubt they really know anything. And if anyone is closely connected to the production, I imagine they're keeping things quiet, not spreading rumours online.
Yeah, I agree with you Jonah. The only actual hard fact we know is that Lynch copyrighted Unrecorded Night as 13 episodes, actual evidence of drafts existing in some form according to the copyright database. a rumor that seems to contradict the only fact available isn't correct, and it's actually a movie, or evolving into that, seems suspect.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:27 am
Jonah wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:24 pm Oh yeah. I forgot about that. Could be a remote directing station I suppose and maybe some sort of production or pre-production is going on. We'll see, I suppose, but I'm mostly deciding to dismiss those rumours now, though maybe not entirely. I can't see any announcements being made, though.
I'm wary to mention this as I don't want to open the floodgates for people to speculate on his health again (please guys, just don't) but doesn't he look a lot thinner in the photo than he was during shooting of The Return? That to me would indicate it's a more recent photo, but I don't know.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Post by sneakydave »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:37 am

I'm wary to mention this as I don't want to open the floodgates for people to speculate on his health again (please guys, just don't) but doesn't he look a lot thinner in the photo than he was during shooting of The Return? That to me would indicate it's a more recent photo, but I don't know.
That's why I thought it was recent too.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:37 am

I'm sure it's recent in terms of being taken post pandemic because the back of his hair is never usually that long. But I'd guess that was taken sometime in late 2020.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Metamorphia wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:09 am I'm sure it's recent in terms of being taken post pandemic because the back of his hair is never usually that long. But I'd guess that was taken sometime in late 2020.
If late 2020 and if he is doing any directing remotely, then they might have been filming something on and off for awhile. But for all we know it's just a mixing station, viewing the cut of MD they're restoring, etc.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

I'm fairly sure it's the same workstation that's shown in the pic of him watching Mulholland Drive. Probably at home.

Fwiw, the same "ashtray" he took with him to Fotokem is on the table in the latest pic.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

So probably just working on MD then. But I wonder if he could do remote directing with a similar set-up, and more importantly, would he? Lynch is so hands-on I'm wondering if it's something that he'd be open to. If he could instruct people through a headset and how to place things, etc., maybe. But he wouldn't be able to get down on the floor and paint something if he didn't like how it looked.
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

Yeah, for me I never assumed the pic was taken as part of an active remote directing session in progress or anything, but more wondering if it could be used as such given the placement of the phone(s) and general set-up. More just got me curious about the possibility of directing second unit stuff remotely, given the circumstances.
Last edited by Ickles on Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Are there any good examples of directors who've directed remotely? Not sure if Lynch would sign up for it, but could see it being a good idea in general for certain circumstances, inability to travel, time constraints, etc. Even just to instruct a second unit or oversee second unit photography/production.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The film crews being directed from a continent away
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54986376
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Jonah wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:47 am The film crews being directed from a continent away
https://www.bbc.com/news/business-54986376
Jonah - you might want to check into a horror movie called Host from 2020. It's one of the more ingenious films of the COVID era. It has to do with a group of friends who stay in touch over Zoom during the pandemic. It's a computer screen movie like Unfriended and such, but very specifically made during and about the pandemic. I'm pretty sure a lot of that--though not all, as I've learned from behind the scenes clips--was directed remotely. It's a great and relevant workaround. Obviously Lynch won't be simply filming Zoom calls, but it still qualifies as one of the more interesting examples of filming during COVID, and the performances are really good, too. And it's less than an hour long!
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

I heard of that film, will keep it in mind if it's good. I believe Kevin Williamson (of Scream) is also involved in a pandemic-set horror movie where the pandemic is a main plot device, though I don't think they're filming that remotely.