Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by sneakydave »

I'll also say nothing.

Best we can hope for is some anonymous burner accounts on Reddit. Doesn't seem like Lynch is for revealing anything.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

If we’re still trying to read into the weather reports, today’s could be a metaphor for the project being repeatedly beset by difficulties when it should be going ahead. Then again, he’s probably just talking about clouds.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Peter Deming still appears to be in NYC judging by his social media... if Lynch doing anything, I'd say it's a down n dirty gonzo thing in his house/ back yard.

which just strikes me as a possibility since there's been no 'what is david working on today' vids.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

When was the last one of those type of videos?
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Mr. Reindeer
Lodge Member

Post by Mr. Reindeer »

enumbs wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:18 am If we’re still trying to read into the weather reports, today’s could be a metaphor for the project being repeatedly beset by difficulties when it should be going ahead. Then again, he’s probably just talking about clouds.
Since he didn’t give a song recommendation today, I’ll give one that’s maybe a bit on point to your comment:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BOPwviOUenA
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Love Joni Mitchell. Ice cream castles. Feather canyons. And Lynch no doubt has often felt like a free man in Paris. 8)
Last edited by Jonah on Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Metamorphia
RR Diner Member

Post by Metamorphia »

Jonah wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:43 am When was the last one of those type of videos?
November 21st is the last one in the playlist. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGqSagz ... NCHTHEATER

I suppose it's curious they've stopped. But then again considering DL called the whole weather report format a torment (or some similar term, can't remember now) I wonder if he's just not been in the mood for doing them.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

A torment? Hmm - I wonder if he feels compelled to do those two daily videos, but not the other ones.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Listening to Joni Mitchell now - unfettered and alive! 8)

AXX°N N.
Great Northern Member

Post by AXX°N N. »

Oh wow, I was just rediscovering Joni Mitchell yesterday! She got me to open my mind more to classical and jazz as a teen. :o
Recipe not my own. In a coffee cup. 3 TBS flour, 2 TBS sugar, 1.5 TBS cocoa powder, .25 TSP baking powder, pinch of salt. 3 TBS milk, 1.5 TBS vegetable oil, 1 TBS peanut butter. Add and mix each set. Microwave 1 minute 10 seconds. The cup will be hot.
kingchatterbox

Post by kingchatterbox »

I have too much time on my hands today apparently, but I ended up going through all of the weather reports and taking some notes.

- He only talks about his projects on weekends, including references to thinking about things like wood, epoxy, poylester resin, etc. I counted 16 references to something that sounds like painting or one of his projects on either Saturday or Sunday, and exactly 1 reference to 'thinking about oil paint, and how great it smells' on a Tuesday (3/30).

- For the most part he only gives song recommendations on weekdays (there are a few exceptions to this though). Maybe this has something to with KCRW, I don't know, but it seems interesting.

- The last "What is David Working On" video was 11/21 (a Saturday). The last one before that was 10/13 (that, and I believe all the previous ones were on weekdays.)

- Starting 2/27 (Saturday) he starts wishing the audience 'good luck and have fun on your projects', usually on Saturdays, sometimes Sundays (sometimes neither). He says he's starting a new painting on this day, and also says, 'one of these days I'll do a video of what I'm working on.' (But he hasn't yet obviously.)

- 5/29 he starts explicitly referring to these as 'weekend projects'. 7/3 he definitely includes himself, 'I'm hoping we all have a great time with those weekend projects."

The strong implication to me is that he's working on something more 'professional' during the week, and has been for a while.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

kingchatterbox wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 11:51 am I have too much time on my hands today apparently, but I ended up going through all of the weather reports and taking some notes.

- He only talks about his projects on weekends, including references to thinking about things like wood, epoxy, poylester resin, etc. I counted 16 references to something that sounds like painting or one of his projects on either Saturday or Sunday, and exactly 1 reference to 'thinking about oil paint, and how great it smells' on a Tuesday (3/30).

- For the most part he only gives song recommendations on weekdays (there are a few exceptions to this though). Maybe this has something to with KCRW, I don't know, but it seems interesting.

- The last "What is David Working On" video was 11/21 (a Saturday). The last one before that was 10/13 (that, and I believe all the previous ones were on weekdays.)

- Starting 2/27 (Saturday) he starts wishing the audience 'good luck and have fun on your projects', usually on Saturdays, sometimes Sundays (sometimes neither). He says he's starting a new painting on this day, and also says, 'one of these days I'll do a video of what I'm working on.' (But he hasn't yet obviously.)

- 5/29 he starts explicitly referring to these as 'weekend projects'. 7/3 he definitely includes himself, 'I'm hoping we all have a great time with those weekend projects."

The strong implication to me is that he's working on something more 'professional' during the week, and has been for a while.
great detective work King Chatterbox. Yeah, i'm starting to think Unrecorded Night is like What Did Jack Do/ Three R's sorta contained avant garde experimental project he shoots at his house M-F after the weather vids, and Laura Dern is on the list to do some scenes here and there, and that's why she's vague in the Elle interview, since all she knows is it's a crazy art project but she willing to spare some days here and there at some point in her schedule.

I'm assuming the set for What Did Jack Do was constructed in one of his houses or yard, like Rabbits was.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

I was told that it could be an Inland Empire type production. I think it’s possible that it was supposed to be in a studio and more bigger but because of COVID they decided to just do it at his home studios.
"Jade give two rides."
NormoftheAndes
RR Diner Member

Post by NormoftheAndes »

DougieJones wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 12:20 pm I was told that it could be an Inland Empire type production. I think it’s possible that it was supposed to be in a studio and more bigger but because of COVID they decided to just do it at his home studios.
This is getting a bit silly now isn't it? Lynch doesn't have home studios as such.
Teetotaling and prayer. Their hands touch yours and mine.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Didn’t Lynch film Rabbits and What Did Jack Do at his home? I didn’t mean to say it as a massive studio lot but that they decided to go from bigger to smaller scale and just film at his home because of COVID and etc.
"Jade give two rides."