Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ickles
RR Diner Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by Ickles »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:44 am I’m going to have to look back at it but I believe the commenter on the post who deleted their comments also two months back said originally that they were involved with pre production and their friend now is production. I could be wrong though and just mixing up details. It’s hard to keep track with all this anonymous Reddit stuff!
This is correct. The user is "therodehaus". Initially they replied to a thread on r/twinpeaks of somebody re-posting the Twin Peaks Archive tweet of the Van Nuys sign, extrapolating that that meant that production was getting underway. "therodehaus" replied:
"Not sure where Twin Peaks Archive is getting their info from, but Lynch has not started filming. Not saying things may not be stirring, but quite far from production starting.

Source: involved. Created throwaway for this "
Then in a follow up post asking if they knew if the production was TP related they said:
Above my pay grade.
Somebody else asked if they knew when production may start:
Don’t know. Not at a high level to be privy to that info, but I do work in pre-production and have yet to start
This was back in May. The user quickly deleted all posts/replies and was dormant until the recent replies to the (also now deleted) Reddit post re: the PA from S3 where they said they had a friend in production going back to work next week.

As somebody else here pointed out it could be legit as the user themselves could be in pre-production and they could have a friend in production but they did change the story somewhat.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

The scene David is viewing in MD is very purple too - as fatecolossal is pointing out, not just the emoji itself. Maybe she's purposely putting up photos of David with purple things (like the umbrella)? It does seem to be a bit of a pattern no matter how skeptical you are. Or maybe Wisteria is Mulholland Drive 2? Lol. They're both (supposedly in the case of Wisteria/Unrecorded Night) set in LA.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

coincidences to me... if you're searching for a pattern in anything, you can always find something..
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

All I’m permitted to say right now and please take this with a grain of salt is that Lynch Fans AND Twin Peaks Fans will be happy in due time.
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

JackwithOneEye wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:24 pm coincidences to me... if you're searching for a pattern in anything, you can always find something..
It may not mean anything, but I don't think it's just a coincidence, at least not until it's proven to be. She's sharing a lot of purple stuff - her hair, David's umbrella, etc. I don't think it's a case of people looking for a pattern. The pattern itself is pretty blatant. As to whether it means anything, well, that's debatable for sure - but the purple pattern (hey, it's nice alliteration!) is definitely very clearly present. She's not being subtle about it. And it does bear paying attention to considering the working title Wisteria and seveal people sharing and even hashtagging the word Wisteria. Yes, none of it might mean anything more than she likes purple and they're having fun too, but the pattern is very clearly there. And in certain cases she seems to be going out of her way to include purple - such as the umbrella pic, where the purple umbrella is very striking.
I have no idea where this will lead us, but I have a definite feeling it will be a place both wonderful and strange.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:26 pm All I’m permitted to say right now and please take this with a grain of salt is that Lynch Fans AND Twin Peaks Fans will be happy in due time.
I 💜 you.
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Hey, how did you do the purple heart here?

Admit it, we all know you're Sabrina! :P
Ickles
RR Diner Member

Post by Ickles »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:26 pm All I’m permitted to say right now and please take this with a grain of salt is that Lynch Fans AND Twin Peaks Fans will be happy in due time.
Interesting. Thanks, DougieJones! If you feel like PMing any of the boring details I guess I can help you get it off your chest. I have way too much time on my hands and like no friends to tell! 8)
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Ickles wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:43 pm
Interesting. Thanks, DougieJones! If you feel like PMing any of the boring details I guess I can help you get it off your chest. I have way too much time on my hands and like no friends to tell! 8)
Nervous about meeting DJ tonight.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

Asparagus for dinner again..
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

I wonder... could it be... or is someone stirring the pot
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

Are there owls in the roadhouse again - or what do some of these most recent posts mean? :? / 8)

(Soolsma, you're upside down!)
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Histeria wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 1:17 pm I 💜 you.
Ickles wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 2:43 pm Interesting. Thanks, DougieJones! If you feel like PMing any of the boring details I guess I can help you get it off your chest. I have way too much time on my hands and like no friends to tell! 8)
Hahah no problem guys! I’ll add something else to this as well and again please take this with a grain of salt.

Unrecorded Night is not what it seems. But as David has said before the town is still there…waiting.

Also love the new profile pic Jonah hahah
"Jade give two rides."
Jonah
Global Moderator

Post by Jonah »

DougieJones wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 6:03 pm
Also love the new profile pic Jonah hahah
Um, thanks. I just liked the .... bench. Yeah, that's it. The bench. 8)
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

That’s a very beautiful bench. The wood planks on it are short and some of them are long 😉
"Jade give two rides."