Season 4? Or is it over after this? Wisteria/Unrecorded Night? Something else? (Speculation thread.)

General discussion on Twin Peaks not related to the series, film, books, music, photos, or collectors merchandise.

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Re: Season 4? Or is it over after this?

Post by LateReg »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:45 pm I just searched through the scripts for Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. None of them have the line “go get them”.
But the actual line wouldn't be "go get them" right? There's "go get" and then "them" is on another line below that. If I'm reading it right there may be a few words in between.
Cde.
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cde. »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:36 pm
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:09 pm I just saw this and I’m not sure if this is actually something of note. On Sabrina’s post a couple days ago, behind a drawing that David made you can see what looks like dialogue for a script in the top left corner.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ30MYfsoix ... =copy_link
it appears to say "go get them"

looks like courier font, and the way it's maybe centered, would imply it's dialogue in a script, I concur.
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 pm from the Weekend Project post..
Just putting this all together so everyone can see it. I think we might actually have found something here people. It’s definitely dialogue in a script but the question is whether or not it’s from an old one or a Season 4
Or a new Lynch project that isn't Twin Peaks.
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

LateReg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:59 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:45 pm I just searched through the scripts for Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. None of them have the line “go get them”.
But the actual line wouldn't be "go get them" right? There's "go get" and then "them" is on another line below that. If I'm reading it right there may be a few words in between.
Yes you’re right. I just went back again and searched through the scripts of Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Out of all of the scripts, none of them have “go get” and “them” together in a dialogue.

I also searched through the scripts of Dune, The Straight Story, and FWWM. Again nothing with “go get” and “them” together in a dialogue.
"Jade give two rides."
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

Cde. wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:03 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:36 pm
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:18 pm

it appears to say "go get them"

looks like courier font, and the way it's maybe centered, would imply it's dialogue in a script, I concur.
JackwithOneEye wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 9:24 pm from the Weekend Project post..
Just putting this all together so everyone can see it. I think we might actually have found something here people. It’s definitely dialogue in a script but the question is whether or not it’s from an old one or a Season 4
Or a new Lynch project that isn't Twin Peaks.
Haha of course that too!
"Jade give two rides."
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:07 pm
Yes you’re right. I just went back again and searched through the scripts of Inland Empire, Wild at Heart, Blue Velvet, Lost Highway, and Mulholland Drive. Out of all of the scripts, none of them have “go get” and “them” together in a dialogue.

I also searched through the scripts of Dune, The Straight Story, and FWWM. Again nothing with “go get” and “them” together in a dialogue.
How about The Return?
DougieJones
RR Diner Member

Post by DougieJones »

LateReg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:19 pm
DougieJones wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:07 pm

How about The Return?
Sadly The Return’s script has not been released to the public. Only a few snippets here and there so we really have no way of knowing if that dialogue is in the script for TPTR. Also, I looked at the photo more and it’s possible that David drew the “Weekend Project” on the back of a page of the script. That would explain why you can clearly see the upside down dialogue in the top left corner of the photo, because it’s the next page in the script. This is just me speaking hypothetically of course but I don’t think that would be TPTR’s script if that were the case. I could be very wrong though.
Last edited by DougieJones on Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Jade give two rides."
Soolsma
Bookhouse Member

Post by Soolsma »

We haven't had a "WHAT IS DAVID WORKING ON TODAY?" video in 7 months now, only weather, which coincides with the origin of the leaks.
Carrie Page: "It's a long way... In those days, I was too young to know any better."
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LateReg
Bookhouse Member

Post by LateReg »

Histeria wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 pm
What's so vague about those pieces of information? Not sure how many forums you've been on but cryptics are a very common method of obfuscation to protect sources on all the ones I've come across. So the creation of a new thread is both rude and also counter to the point because it puts a spotlight on them instead of dispersing them through many pages of discussion and speculation.

And he didn't say it wasn't happening, he said they've gone silent. Brad was the one insisting nothing was happening since this thread started. Not just "I don't know" but point blank "it isn't happening," to the point of replying to random twitter threads to tell people they're wrong to think it might be happening. Once he even replied "lol" to someone who mentioned Unrecorded Night may be real and may be related to Twin Peaks. So that's a slightly different set of behaviours you're conflating. In any case, even if this is cancelled as of today, Brad was clearly wrong.

And I didn't make any "everyone" generalisations. You probably got the wrong poster.

Oh and this divisive and fruitless debate has gone on longer than most attempts at solving the cryptics.
Reindeer had properly quoted the correct poster along with you re: everyone generalizations. You must have just missed it since it was a long quote.

One thing to take into account here is that Reindeer and others here who engage with Mordeen's posts to varying degrees were around when Mordeen (and Arbogast) was displaying insider knowledge beginning in 2015. They all know exactly how it works, firsthand, so you don't have to worry about that. And the posts are obviously vague, especially compared to some other insiders, but everyone understands the reason behind that vaguery, so you don't have to worry about that either...or deny their vagueness. It's just a difference in opinion as to the value or definition of such in depth discussion of such posts in general. And Brad is another longstanding, upstanding member of this community, so it is worth pondering his statements and the reasoning behind them more deeply. There's a lot of history here.
Histeria
Great Northern Member

Post by Histeria »

Last edited by Histeria on Fri Apr 15, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

At the end of the (looong) day, all that really matters is whether we'll get actual new content from Lynch or not. Nothing that has been said, rumoured, hinted at, speculated about, concealed in cryptography so far has convinced me that the new content is coming.
enumbs
RR Diner Member

Post by enumbs »

Histeria wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:53 pm What's so vague about those pieces of information? Not sure how many forums you've been on but cryptics are a very common method of obfuscation to protect sources on all the ones I've come across. So the creation of a new thread is both rude and also counter to the point because it puts a spotlight on them instead of dispersing them through many pages of discussion and speculation.

And he didn't say it wasn't happening, he said they've gone silent. Brad was the one insisting nothing was happening since this thread started. Not just "I don't know" but point blank "it isn't happening," to the point of replying to random twitter threads to tell people they're wrong to think it might be happening. Once he even replied "lol" to someone who mentioned Unrecorded Night may be real and may be related to Twin Peaks. So that's a slightly different set of behaviours you're conflating. In any case, even if this is cancelled as of today, Brad was clearly wrong.

And I didn't make any "everyone" generalisations. You probably got the wrong poster.

Oh and this divisive and fruitless debate has gone on longer than most attempts at solving the cryptics.
I’m sorry, but this whole justification about protecting sources makes absolutely no sense.

As others have pointed out, the clues people obsess over never amount to anything. The acronyms, once they’ve been figured out, are so vague they couldn’t be attributed to anybody. And if one of them somehow was, do you not think people involved in the production could scroll down the thread and find out the answer, thereby seeing what Mordeen really meant and therefore who the source is?

Similarly, would saying “production is on hold” or “production may be cancelled” risk a specific source in a way that a post about “things going silent” would not? It’s all just nonsense to me. It’s utterly irrelevant whether the poster knows anything or not, or used to reveal genuine information, because right now his posts are meaningless puzzles which offer absolutely nothing. I don’t understand what there is to enjoy about them.

People have mentioned other tangents in this thread such as the one about race and representation. I think that conversation did become overly heated and unpleasant, but it was at least an actual conversation about Lynch’s work and how his recent comments on BLM and diversity might affect any future projects. A series of puzzles leading to horoscope style conclusions is not an organic part of the conversation and should therefore be afforded its own space on the forum.
Last edited by enumbs on Tue Jul 06, 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JackwithOneEye
Great Northern Member

Post by JackwithOneEye »

I don't think Brad ever said Unrecorded isn't happening. I think that's a little mischaracterized. He had doubts that the Twin Peaks IP was easily transportable from CBS/Showtime to Netflix (if this is in any form TP related.) He had doubts over the PW listings being accurate, but did mention an actor or actress he knew had been contacted about a possible role.
Agent Earle
Bookhouse Member

Post by Agent Earle »

Well, to be fair, these cryptic posts and "puzzles" are in this thread because for the whole time that they were being posted in here, people treated them as clues as to the possible TP continuation/new Lynch work. Mordeen himself never disputed that, so other forum members just went along for the ride trying to decipher the hell out of them and find out what in the world is happening in the Lynch realm. I don't think they would've gotten half as much attention were it clear from the beginning they have nothing to do with the supposedly approaching production. So if the majority - their author included - still treats them as such, I think their place is in this thread. And I'm saying this as someone who has long since given up finding out anything concrete from them. I also never (or maybe once in vague terms, I can't really remember) pestered Mordeen to PM me or say more on the public board, since it was also clear he's wording out exactly what he has set out to word out, and not one letter more (I guess he has his reasons for that, whatever they may be).
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

LateReg wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:25 pm
One thing to take into account here is that Reindeer and others here who engage with Mordeen's posts to varying degrees were around when Mordeen (and Arbogast) was displaying insider knowledge beginning in 2015. They all know exactly how it works, firsthand, so you don't have to worry about that. And the posts are obviously vague, especially compared to some other insiders, but everyone understands the reason behind that vaguery, so you don't have to worry about that either...or deny their vagueness. It's just a difference in opinion as to the value or definition of such in depth discussion of such posts in general. And Brad is another longstanding, upstanding member of this community, so it is worth pondering his statements and the reasoning behind them more deeply. There's a lot of history here.
Hear, hear! Brad must have reasons why he thinks that way and it's worth taking into consideration why someone with many connections in the TP world feels that nothing is happening. And even though I personally don't quite get Mordeen's clues, I don't mind them or people trying to decipher them. When I'm not interested in certain topics, I simply skip the posts. I'd recommend that those who aren't interested in Mordeen's clues or their deciphering do the same. Easy peasy.